This game was so 2005.

Joe Crede is so clutch!!! Trade Fields and re-sign Crede

hi im skot
04-24-2008, 11:42 PM
We needed that one!

:winner

kittle42
Damnit! One day, I'll get the postgame thread start correct!

spongyfungy
Cue the bananas.

:bandance:

oeo
It feels great to have won that.

Still can't ignore the bullpen, though. Hopefully just a hiccup this series. THROW ****ING STRIKES!

Back to the result...

HITMEN OF 77
04-24-2008, 11:43 PM
Joe Crede!
:hawk
YES!!

Metalthrasher442
QUENTIN TOO. Almost AJ too.

hi im skot
Joe's reaction was priceless.

JB98
It's about ****ing time we got a hit like that against these *******s.

BoysMom3
Now that's what I'm talking about!! So worth the staying up late - got my eyes opened right up again!!! WHOOOOOOOO!!!!!! Carlos!!! Crede!!!!!

IlliniSox4Life
I'm LOVIN TCQ and Crede.

Who didn't see that hit comin when Crede stepped up to the plate?

Jurr
Wow. Yankees fans are going to be talking about Joba Chamberlain and how bad he sucks based on this game.

Metalthrasher442
Too cool.

Navarro's Talent
04-24-2008, 11:44 PM
YES!!!

BoysMom3
We needed that so badly!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Craig Grebeck
I loved TCQ flicking his wrists and still hitting it off the wall.

gn2727
Absolutely amazing, reminds me of that hit he had against the Angels in the playoffs in 2005............

Great Win!

hi im skot
04-24-2008, 11:45 PM
Wow. Yankees fans are going to be talking about Joba Chamberlain and how bad he sucks based on this game.

Nah, they're only complaining about his cap-wearing ability.

gobears1987
Who didn't see that hit comin when Crede stepped up to the plate?It's Joe Crede, everyone saw that one coming.

WhiteSox5187
Wooo!!!! Now, it shouldn't have been THAT scary or that close, but a win is a win! Great job by Crede! Great job by Boone (though he started to make it scary!) greay job by Jenks, and great job by Floyd!

Sockinchisox
04-24-2008, 11:46 PM
Awesome ABs by both TCQ and Crede, just awesome!

DSpivack
It's Joe Crede, everyone saw that one coming.

I didn't at all.

I was expecting a line drive HR to left just to the right of the fair pole. :tongue:

oeo
Nah, they're only complaining about his cap-wearing ability.

It's not that bad. It could be like that Sherman, Merrill, I don't remember his name from Baltimore.

EDIT: Combination, Sherrill is the name.

A. Cavatica
04-24-2008, 11:47 PM
Good game. I thought the Sox blew this one; nice to see them hang the L on Chamberlain.

DSpivack
04-24-2008, 11:47 PM
It's not that bad. It could be like that Sherman, Merrill, I don't remember his name from Baltimore.

Both closers round these parts (George Sherrill, Chad Cordero) wear their caps awfully. Then again, it's not like they get many chances to break their hats in.

voodoochile
04-24-2008, 11:48 PM
Damnit! One day, I'll get the postgame thread start correct!

You did, I just missed it.

And did I mention...

:supernana:

cheezheadsoxfan
04-24-2008, 11:48 PM
Cue the bananas.

I like your thread title the best. Man, that felt good. Joe is the man.:bandance:

Metalthrasher442
04-24-2008, 11:49 PM
A win we needed extremely badly.

Floyd still throwing the ball well.. besides the homer.

Quentin with a big hit.. not only did he hit that into the left field wall, but he also hit it right into my heart!

And Joe Crede.

Very sweet win.. what's more to ask? Now turn it on and lets get a streak together!

oeo
Both closers round these parts (George Sherrill, Chad Cordero) wear their caps awfully. Then again, it's not like they get many chances to break their hats in.

Sherrill looks ridiculous, though.

cheezheadsoxfan
Joe's reaction was priceless.

Yeah, I saw that, that was great Both arms pumped and big grin.:D:

Palehose Pete
04-24-2008, 11:50 PM
Thank you, Jebus.

Jurr
I like your thread title the best. Man, that felt good. Joe is the man.:bandance:
A'thankya.

The Sox needed to win this game. Now they await a Baltimore team that's going to be jetlagged as hell. Wear 'em out and start a streak.

Dub25
Way to get one tonight. Lets gets the O's while they are jet lagged from the west coast flight tonight.

Dub25
04-24-2008, 11:51 PM
A'thankya.

The Sox needed to win this game. Now they await a Baltimore team that's going to be jetlagged as hell. Wear 'em out and start a streak.

Took the words out of my mouth.

nasox
Quentin with a big hit.. not only did he hit that into the left field wall, but he also hit it right into my heart!

Uhhhhh........

Whatever. We won! :D:

Jurr
Yeah, I saw that, that was great Both arms pumped and big grin.:D:
Brian Anderson was all over him out there.

WhiteSox5187
04-24-2008, 11:52 PM

And Joe Crede.

Very sweet win.. what's more to ask? Now turn it on and lets get a streak together!
There was the homer, but Cabrera just killed that, so sometimes you tip your hat. Then there was the third, and maybe I'm in the minority here, but it was just pissing rain when that inning came around and it was the walks that killed him and I think that he was walking guys because a) couldn't get a good grip on teh ball and b) had no footing. Once they fixed the mound with that diamnond dry he looked good and that double he gave up to Abreu was again in driving rain. So, I think he looked damn good all things considering.

whitesoxfan
We pounded The Hutt in the 9th. AJ nearly took him deep, TCQ nearly took him deep, and then Crede fought off a tough 0-2 pitch and placed it perfectly for the game-winner. I'm sure Yankee fans are cussing Girardi out to no end for not going to Rivera in that situation.

Very nice win to salvage 1 of 3. Let's pound the hell out of the birds.

Boondock Saint
Man, I thought that game was so lost. I stopped watching for a bit when the rain delay hit. Gavin looked like ass at that point, and I figured that there'd be more of the same if the game continued. I came back to the game to see we were up 6-3, only to watch us blow that lead. Thank God we had something left in the tank late.

Cue the bananas, indeed.

:bandance: :moonwalk: :bandance: :moonwalk: :bandance: :moonwalk:

Dub25

And Joe Crede.

When you see the box score tomorrow one might think Floyd threw bad but he really didn't. If JD gets a better throw to get Giambi maybe we don't wait for Crede with the heroics.

PeoriaSoxFan
04-24-2008, 11:53 PM
Dear Sox Pitchers....please start putting teams away when you have two outs, especially when nobody is on base.

Thank you....

P.S. I hope JD is ok.

WhiteSox5187
04-24-2008, 11:53 PM
Way to get one tonight. Lets gets the O's while they are jet lagged from the west coast flight tonight.
Let's take FOUR from the O's! How about another little five game win streak to close out the home stand????

cheezheadsoxfan
04-24-2008, 11:54 PM

Brian seems to be good at that.

Credit to Floyd too, especially after that long wait he didn't pitch that bad.

Dub25
04-24-2008, 11:55 PM
Let's take FOUR from the O's! How about another little five game win streak to close out the home stand????

That would be sweet because the longer we can stay ahead in the division the better. I will be there Saturday night and I can't wait. Heck, with tomorrow's forecasted rain maybe I get to see 2.

oeo
When you see the box score tomorrow one might think Floyd threw bad but he really didn't. If JD gets a better throw to get Giambi maybe we don't wait for Crede with the heroics.

If JD wasn't so slowwww out there.

Still, Floyd got behind in the count, and then made the mistake to Cabrera.

Given that he pitched three innings, took an hour off, and came back for three more, I'd say he pitched pretty well. He looks like a whole new man out there. Sort of the way Garland was suddenly oozing confidence in 2005.

cheezheadsoxfan
There was the homer, but Cabrera just killed that, so sometimes you tip your hat. Then there was the third, and maybe I'm in the minority here, but it was just pissing rain when that inning came around and it was the walks that killed him and I think that he was walking guys because a) couldn't get a good grip on teh ball and b) had no footing. Once they fixed the mound with that diamnond dry he looked good and that double he gave up to Abreu was again in driving rain. So, I think he looked damn good all things considering.

I'm with you.

Metalthrasher442
04-24-2008, 11:57 PM
If Floyd can continue this.. he'll be going places lol. We need to get him some wins though.. he is the man!

Dub25

Given that he pitched 3 innings, took an hour off, and came back for three more, I'd say he pitched pretty well. He looks like a whole new man out there. Sort of the way Garland was suddenly oozing confidence in 2005.

I agree. Really, I had no confidence in him to start the year but he has been good enough to win in every start this year.

Jurr
Brian seems to be good at that.

Credit to Floyd too, especially after that long wait he didn't pitch that bad.
He did the same damn thing Vazquez did. You see those Yankees hitters and want to nibble. I hate it.

oeo
04-24-2008, 11:59 PM
He did the same damn thing Vazquez did. You see those Yankees hitters and want to nibble. I hate it.

I didn't see most of the third inning, so I can't comment on Floyd's performance. That said, Javy was not nibbling yesterday, he just had no control. It happens.

Jurr
04-25-2008, 12:00 AM

And Joe Crede.

Brilliant post. Hilarious.

PeoriaSoxFan
04-25-2008, 12:00 AM
Baseball tonight...guy just said one of the big things tonight was Phil Hughes. He pitched 2 freaking innings!!!!!!!!!! They also highlited a Joba strikeout of Konerko. I hate the East Coast bias and general stupidity of ESPN guys.

cheezheadsoxfan
04-25-2008, 12:02 AM
Baseball tonight...guy just said one of the big things tonight was Phil Hughes. He pitched 2 freaking innings!!!!!!!!!! They also highlited a Joba strikeout of Konerko. I hate the East Coast bias and general stupidity of ESPN guys.

Were they aware they lost the game?:rolleyes:

oeo
04-25-2008, 12:03 AM
Baseball tonight...guy just said one of the big things tonight was Phil Hughes. He pitched 2 freaking innings!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, Phil Hughes is getting into that Ervin Santana zone. All hype, yet no results.

Hughes' career is a lot shorter, but c'mon...a lot of teams have good, young SP and they're not highlighted. I don't want to hear how Phil Hughes and Ian Kennedy are the second coming...show me some results first.

cheezheadsoxfan
04-25-2008, 12:04 AM

Hopefully the glow from this will carry them through the O and Twinks. I go to bed happy.:D:

itsnotrequired
04-25-2008, 12:07 AM
Damn, I'm gonna be tired tomorrow.

Sig update time...

Dub25
04-25-2008, 12:10 AM
Damn, I'm gonna be tired tomorrow.

Sig update time...

So will I but it was worth it.

itsnotrequired
04-25-2008, 12:11 AM
So will I but it was worth it.

I've done all three of these games though. Sleep eludes me...

Dub25
04-25-2008, 12:16 AM
I've done all three of these games though. Sleep eludes me...

Then darn it, why are you responding to me, go to bed. :D: Seriously, if the Yanks didn't take all night we would all have plenty of sleep.

btrain929
04-25-2008, 12:16 AM
I was really surprised to see Crede celebrate after seeing it got down because Quentin was chugging along and Cabrera has a cannon in CF. A throw on the money would have made it reallllllly close. Glad that didn't happen though.

On a side note, I'm ecstatic that Gavin appears to have great control of his changeup. I hardly remember him throwing it last year. If he can continue that, that's 2 plus pitches (curve, change) to go along with his fastball.

Now, lets take at least 3, if not 4, from BALT and their weak ass, unproven pitching staff.

SoxSpeed22
04-25-2008, 12:19 AM
I didn't think the Sox would pull this off, but they did. At least they salvage the series and get a chance to rebound against Baltimore.

spongyfungy
04-25-2008, 12:20 AM
Crede Clutch HDTV (http://www.mediafire.com/?l1yzd2ygfdd)

chidonez
04-25-2008, 12:26 AM
Crede Clutch HDTV (http://www.mediafire.com/?l1yzd2ygfdd)

MythTV and the like is the coolest addition coming around to these boards in a while.

Sockinchisox
04-25-2008, 12:26 AM
:hawk:
"Base hit, base hit, he's gotta go, Melky Cabrera can throw!"

:rolling:

I don't know why, probably because of lack of sleep, but I can't stop laughing at that.

oeo
04-25-2008, 12:40 AM
I was really surprised to see Crede celebrate after seeing it got down because Quentin was chugging along and Cabrera has a cannon in CF. A throw on the money would have made it reallllllly close. Glad that didn't happen though.

Unless they didn't show something on TV, he didn't celebrate until Quentin crossed the plate...

EDIT: Nevermind, just saw a couple of pictures from chidonez.

kaufsox
04-25-2008, 12:42 AM

Given that he pitched three innings, took an hour off, and came back for three more, I'd say he pitched pretty well. He looks like a whole new man out there. Sort of the way Garland was suddenly oozing confidence in 2005.

After the delay he seemed better, but it was not his best night. Still, to not have one's best stuff and keep the Yankees at bay is something to say the least. The bullpen on the other hand... Oh the hell with it, a win is a win and I'm exhausted from that game:bandance:

Bruizer
04-25-2008, 12:55 AM
Just got home - what a game! :bandance::bandance::bandance:

Bru :cool:

thomas35forever
04-25-2008, 01:12 AM
I'm finally back from the game. It was definitely worth everything I put up with at the ballpark tonight. Hell, I even got on the Diamond Vision during the rain delay!:D: Then again, it seemed like they were concentrating on the same people.

Also, this was the first walkoff White Sox winner I'd seen in person since I was eight years old. Naturally, you gotta leave it up to Joe...Crede.

chisoxfanatic
04-25-2008, 01:16 AM

I don't know why, probably because of lack of sleep, but I can't stop laughing at that.

Is THAT what Hawk said during the game-winning play tonight? Hahaha! You've gotta love Hawk Harrelson!!!

I stayed for the entire game tonight. Major props must go to Baaaad Bobby Jenks for inducing that 4-6-3 DP to end the threat in the 9th, setting up the heroics by TCQ and Joooooooe Creeeeeede!!! (Did Hawk sound orgasmic over it?)

hawkjt
04-25-2008, 02:11 AM
I'm finally back from the game. It was definitely worth everything I put up with at the ballpark tonight. Hell, I even got on the Diamond Vision during the rain delay!:D: Then again, it seemed like they were concentrating on the same people.

Also, this was the first walkoff White Sox winner I'd seen in person since I was eight years old. Naturally, you gotta leave it up to Joe...Crede.

It happened to be Joe's 8th game winning hit in his career. 8 is the magic number. That had to be worth the wait. SuperJoe strikes again!!..and TCQ is clutch also.

TDog
04-25-2008, 03:42 AM
It happened to be Joe's 8th game winning hit in his career. 8 is the magic number. That had to be worth the wait. SuperJoe strikes again!!..and TCQ is clutch also.

Does that include the 2005 ALCS? I know it doesn't include the first game I saw Joe Crede play. The game didn't count. That was in Tucson in a 1999 exhibition game against the Cubs. Crede came up to hit in the bottom of the ninth with the score tied and got a game-ending double.

I went to White Sox games, mostly weekend games, from mid-2000 to mid-2003, and Joe Crede ended two games.

On Sunday, Sept. 8, 2002, the Sox were down 6-3 to the Indians going into the bottom of the ninth, hadn't scored since the fifth, when Frank Thomas hit a two-out, three-run homer to tie the game. After two walks and a hit batsman, Riske relieved Baez and Crede followed with a single to right to end the game. That was the day that Royce Clayton wasn't wearing his spikes when called upon to pinch run -- his last day with the Sox.

On Sunday, May 25, 2003, in the 12th inning against the Tigers, Crede hit a two-out, three-run homer to end it.

There are people who will tell you Crede isn't a clutch hitter, that we only remember the times he has come through in the clutch. It's true that he doesn't always get a game winning hit when he is in a position to do so. In the 12-inning win, for example, he led off the 11th by grounding out. But the reason I remember Crede hitting game winning hits is because he has a knack for the game-winning hit.

Frater Perdurabo
04-25-2008, 06:12 AM

Great. Another BA thread. :redneck

Seriously, this is a game I was so disgusted with that I turned off the TV and went to bed, but turned on the XM radio and listened from bed.

I hate rain delays. But I hate the Yankees more. Everything about them screams "We are the center of the universe." From the umps making sure the majority of ball/strike calls go their way, to XM giving them their own dedicated channel (Yankees games are ALWAYS on XM 176), to Giambi's smug face (to which I'd like give a "once over" with a tire iron or a cue ball in a tube sock), they literally are the most easily detestable team in the world.

It's about damn time the Sox beat the Yankees.

Now, let's go on a winning streak and put some distance between ourselves and the division!

Scottiehaswheels
04-25-2008, 06:36 AM
(Yankees games are ALWAYS on XM 176)And the Red Sox follow on 177, leaving the fans of 26 other teams to hunt through the other 13 channels for their game... I hear ya man, pisses me off sometimes too. Oh well, they pander to their "largest audience". I'm shocked Cubs games don't follow on 178.

Railsplitter
04-25-2008, 06:39 AM
I'll take a win. :bandance:

Thome25
04-25-2008, 06:51 AM

Seriously, this is a game I was so disgusted with that I turned off the TV and went to bed, but turned on the XM radio and listened from bed.

I hate rain delays. But I hate the Yankees more. Everything about them screams "We are the center of the universe." From the umps making sure the majority of ball/strike calls go their way, to XM giving them their own dedicated channel (Yankees games are ALWAYS on XM 176), to Giambi's smug face (to which I'd like give a "once over" with a tire iron or a cue ball in a tube sock), they literally are the most easily detestable team in the world.

Now, let's go on a winning streak and put some distance between ourselves and the division!

IMHO the title of "most easily detestable team in the world" belongs solely to the Boston Red Sawx. The Yankees are running a close second though. :D:

turners56
04-25-2008, 07:09 AM
JOE CREDE! HUGE win right there, I'd rather be 12-9 than 11-10 anyday. Not to mention Cleveland and Detroit are starting to turn it around. We have to beat those Orioles this time, this bullpen is starting to concern me a bit...

mccoydp
04-25-2008, 07:29 AM
I'm glad I watched the whole game. Crede's game winner made it all worthwhile.

Hopefully Mark and the Sox will stuff the little birds tonight.

Soxman219
04-25-2008, 07:39 AM
I was at the game last night and when the Yanks were up 3-0 we were angry. But 3 hours later, Joe Crede does it again. Thank God he's still on this team!:bandance::bandance:

sullythered
04-25-2008, 07:52 AM

Whoa, Frater. I hate the Yankees as much as the next guy, but that might be goin' a little far.:o:

Xanax works for me.

Ava83
04-25-2008, 07:53 AM
At the game last night also...my friend (during the second delay) was talking to her husband and he kept asking me questions about the game and who had one the prior two (he knew the stinker) She was laughing that I was hotter then a pepper sprout (is that one or two words) But I was a happy girl in the end.

My personal record this year is 2-0...I am avaiable for game if need be (I tease)

Frater Perdurabo
04-25-2008, 07:54 AM
Whoa, Frater. I hate the Yankees as much as the next guy, but that might be goin' a little far.:o:

Xanax works for me.

Giambi is a special sort of scum. As soon as he admitted that he used steroids, Selig should have had the guts to invoke the "best interests of baseball" clause and permanently banned Giambi.

stl_sox_fan
04-25-2008, 07:56 AM
Okay that was worth staying up for. Even though I'm beat this morning.

Every at bat my Alexei has me frustrated. Reminds me of Corey Patterson with that all or nothing swing he has. If he was 50 pounds heavier that swing might work. Like to see him try to place the ball a bit more.

BTW, were the Sox fans outnumbered last night? I was hearing a lot of cheering for a few of Joba's strikeouts. Most notably Uribe's.

tebman
04-25-2008, 07:59 AM
I hate rain delays. But I hate the Yankees more. Everything about them screams "We are the center of the universe." ...they literally are the most easily detestable team in the world.

Amen! We were at the game last night, and as the rain delay and the Yankee's endless step-out-of-the-box-to-slow-down-the-pitcher ballet wore on I was afraid I'd regret being there. But oh, how sweet it is.

The Yankees have gnawed at me for 50 years. When I was a kid in the early '60s, I remember the years the Sox had great teams and somehow seemed always just behind the Yankees. Even then they were the personification of smugness and self-adoration.

Any time the Sox can beat the Yankees, order is restored to the universe.

Ava83
04-25-2008, 08:05 AM
BTW, were the Sox fans outnumbered last night?

There were a lot of Yankee fans last night and they were loud (among other things) Would you say outnumbered-did not feel like that at the start...toward the end it felt (its actually hard to explain) like they had multiplied...but more I do not believe so.

duke of dorwood
04-25-2008, 08:05 AM
I was there til the end too-lots of fans had left to the point of almost half Yankme fans down 1B line-Lots of fights last night-even saw a beer vendor removed for selling beer after he was supposed to stop.

But Gavin earned my respect-had nothing really before 3rd inning delay-kept us in it afterwards-just sorry they pitched to Milky Way with Molina on deck.

But a great night from Patio party to the end-6 1/2 hrs at the park

Jurr
04-25-2008, 08:16 AM
I was there til the end too-lots of fans had left to the point of almost half Yankme fans down 1B line-Lots of fights last night-even saw a beer vendor removed for selling beer after he was supposed to stop.

But Gavin earned my respect-had nothing really before 3rd inning delay-kept us in it afterwards-just sorry they pitched to Milky Way with Molina on deck.

But a great night from Patio party to the end-6 1/2 hrs at the park
Oh, you could spot that one from a mile away. Delays = more beer consumption = chaos. It just gives me the willies knowing that a good number of those people drove home last night. :o:

Ava83
04-25-2008, 08:20 AM
It just gives me the willies knowing that a good number of those people drove home last night. :o:

I had my first beer right after the first delay and my second during second rain delay in the the Bullpen Bar..I knew I was driving...but there may have been some that thought beer consumption was a good way to pass the time.

kevingrt
04-25-2008, 08:21 AM
That win still brings a smile to my face this morning.

God that was nice.

doublem23
04-25-2008, 08:22 AM
There were a lot of Yankee fans last night and they were loud (among other things) Would you say outnumbered-did not feel like that at the start...toward the end it felt (its actually hard to explain) like they had multiplied...but more I do not believe so.

Probably didn't have to get up for work/school tomorrow, so could afford to stay at all bizarre hours of the night.

cws05champ
04-25-2008, 08:23 AM

Nice to see the offense show up a little. Hope this is just a blip in the radar for the BP. We needed that win!!!

Speaking of media though, I was forced into the Yankee broadcast of the game yesterday. They are ususally just OK, not great or really bad...however, one thing they said floored me. When Linbrink came on they commented on his contract: " The Sox gave Linbrink a huge deal that really shook up baseball to it's foundation. It broke new ground for middle relivers and the salaries they make."
WHAT??? I know the Linebrink deal was critisized by some because of the # of years, but shaking baseball to it's foundations? Yeah, lets not mention the Yankeees $200 M payroll and the $275 M A-Rod deal.

WisSoxFan
04-25-2008, 08:35 AM
Great win, unfortunately I didn't find out about until this morning. Quentin was batting in the 9th unfortunately in SW Wisconsin we had a pretty good thunderstorm going at that time. After the first pitch to Quentin our satellite goes out. :angry: I wait a few minutes - nothing. At least I woke up to the good news this moring.:bandance: However, it can stop raining any time now!

asindc
04-25-2008, 08:55 AM
Had to go to bed just as the Yanks tied it 6-6, so I woke up wondering if the Good Guys pulled it off. When I heard this morning that Crede knocked in the game winner, I thought , "Yup, that's about right." Clutch Crede does it again. Having both he and Fields is a good problem to have, indeed.

AZChiSoxFan
04-25-2008, 09:02 AM
There are people who will tell you Crede isn't a clutch hitter, that we only remember the times he has come through in the clutch. It's true that he doesn't always get a game winning hit when he is in a position to do so. In the 12-inning win, for example, he led off the 11th by grounding out. But the reason I remember Crede hitting game winning hits is because he has a knack for the game-winning hit.

You wouldn't be refering to the stat-head geeks who don't actually watch the games, would you? :tongue:

Hitmen77
04-25-2008, 09:20 AM
Hopefully this win is the start of a nice long winning stretch.

I was surprised to see Floyd return to the mound after the rain delay. I thought it was usually a given that the starter doesn't return if he pitches some innings and then there is a long delay.

Sockinchisox
04-25-2008, 09:24 AM
Just saw that this was Joba's first Major League loss. :D:

Iwritecode
04-25-2008, 09:31 AM
Just saw that this was Joba's first Major League loss. :D:

Awwwww :redneck

VeeckAsInWreck
04-25-2008, 09:36 AM
BTW, were the Sox fans outnumbered last night? I was hearing a lot of cheering for a few of Joba's strikeouts. Most notably Uribe's.

I was in sec. 535 and I was surrounded by Yankee fans. One guy wouldn't shut up about how great Joba Chamberlain is gonna be and how they are easing him in to a starter role so they don't blow out his arm. As soon as he said that the Yankee trainer was called out to check on Joba.

Still though, there were a TON of Yankee hats and jerseys in the park last night.

asindc
04-25-2008, 09:40 AM
I was in sec. 535 and I was surrounded by Yankee fans. One guy wouldn't shut up about how great Joba Chamberlain is gonna be and how they are easing him in to a starter role so they don't blow out his arm. As soon as he said that the Yankee trainer was called out to check on Joba.

Still though, there were a TON of Yankee hats and jerseys in the park last night.

Just be thankful you are not an O's season ticket holder. NY and Boston fans just about take over Camden whenever they are in town.

Frater Perdurabo
04-25-2008, 09:40 AM
:tomatoaward:

A tomato for a thread after a win! I'm :scratch: but :smile:.

twsoxfan5
04-25-2008, 09:44 AM
I was at the game as well and there was a tub of lard Yankees fan behind me and his accent was horrible and he did shut up the whole game. At one point he made a comment about AJ being fat and that he wondered what his 40/40 time was. Then a Sox fan sitting a couple seats down said that the Yankees fan's 40/40 could be timed with a Sun Dial. That was pretty funny, but there are Yankee fans everywhere.

VeeckAsInWreck
04-25-2008, 09:53 AM
Just be thankful you are not an O's season ticket holder. NY and Boston fans just about take over Camden whenever they are in town.

It's gonna be a pain when Boston comes to town too. Especially since Cubs fans have adopted the Red Sox as their secondary team. I can't tell you how many times I've seen morons wearing a Boston cap with a Cub jersey or vice versa. :scratch:

RTI_SoxFan
04-25-2008, 09:55 AM
JOE CREDE! HUGE win right there, I'd rather be 12-9 than 11-10 anyday. Not to mention Cleveland and Detroit are starting to turn it around. We have to beat those Orioles this time, this bullpen is starting to concern me a bit...

Uhhhh, who wouldn't?

RTI_SoxFan
04-25-2008, 09:58 AM
Yea, it was a great win, HOWEVER, we had yet another dismal performance by the 'pen in the 7th inning. That is my biggest worry right now.

Last year, the pen was solid in the first part of April as well... then, well, we all know what happened.

Time will tell how good this team really is. One thing is for certain though, we need to be more consistent.

Foulke You
04-25-2008, 10:05 AM
Yea, it was a great win, HOWEVER, we had yet another dismal performance by the 'pen in the 7th inning. That is my biggest worry right now.

Last year, the pen was solid in the first part of April as well... then, well, we all know what happened.

Time will tell how good this team really is. One thing is for certain though, we need to be more consistent.

Great win last night but you're right, our pen has been a little leaky this past week. I think we all have a tendency to panic a bit about the bullpen because of last year. I'd feel better if we had one more quality arm in that bullpen because it is obvious Ozzie has no confidence in MacDougal other than mop up duty (and rightfully so). I have a feeling we'll be seeing Ehren Wasserman at some point this year to replace "Ol' MacDougal" which is a good thing because all that kid did last year was get outs.

VeeckAsInWreck
04-25-2008, 10:26 AM

I just heard the call on mlb.com it is funny. Hawk had a funny flow with the way he said that. But he did end it all with "Joe Cuh-reedee!"

Jurr
04-25-2008, 11:30 AM
I just heard the call on mlb.com it is funny. Hawk had a funny flow with the way he said that. But he did end it all with "Joe Cuh-reedee!"
DJ: "huuuuhh...Yeahhhssssss!!" Terrible call.

hawkjt
04-25-2008, 11:36 AM
Does that include the 2005 ALCS? I know it doesn't include the first game I saw Joe Crede play. The game didn't count. That was in Tucson in a 1999 exhibition game against the Cubs. Crede came up to hit in the bottom of the ninth with the score tied and got a game-ending double.

I went to White Sox games, mostly weekend games, from mid-2000 to mid-2003, and Joe Crede ended two games.

On Sunday, Sept. 8, 2002, the Sox were down 6-3 to the Indians going into the bottom of the ninth, hadn't scored since the fifth, when Frank Thomas hit a two-out, three-run homer to tie the game. After two walks and a hit batsman, Riske relieved Baez and Crede followed with a single to right to end the game. That was the day that Royce Clayton wasn't wearing his spikes when called upon to pinch run -- his last day with the Sox.

On Sunday, May 25, 2003, in the 12th inning against the Tigers, Crede hit a two-out, three-run homer to end it.

I have to be honest, I just heard the ESPN crew cite that stat on SportsCenter so I have no idea if it actually accurate.
Sure seems like Joe has come thru a lot in late innings,tho.

Lip Man 1
04-25-2008, 12:03 PM
RTI:

For the most part the bullpen has been pretty good in my opinion but here's what's bothering me. The Sox are giving up a ton of two out runs. At least three more Thursday night.

I don't know how many they've allowed this season, I can think of four games for example where they allowed multiple runs with two out, so maybe it's just an impression but to me that needs to change.

Cooper and the staff perhaps needs to have a talk on changing the pitching pattern with two outs on a guy.

Lip

VeeckAsInWreck
04-25-2008, 12:32 PM
DJ: "huuuuhh...Yeahhhssssss!!" Terrible call.

On top of that DJ's voice cracked during the Yesss!

VeeckAsInWreck
04-25-2008, 12:48 PM

I remember that one very well. I had bleacher tickets that day and was getting scorched by the sun. Good times!

RTI_SoxFan
04-25-2008, 01:05 PM
RTI:

For the most part the bullpen has been pretty good in my opinion but here's what's bothering me. The Sox are giving up a ton of two out runs. At least three more Thursday night.

I don't know how many they've allowed this season, I can think of four games for example where they allowed multiple runs with two out, so maybe it's just an impression but to me that needs to change.

Cooper and the staff perhaps needs to have a talk on changing the pitching pattern with two outs on a guy.

Lip

Agreed!

Vernam
04-25-2008, 01:29 PM
It's Joe Crede, everyone saw that one coming.Everyone but Girardi! I have no idea why you'd pitch to Crede with first base open and Ramirez on deck, score tied in the bottom of the ninth and a man on second. :dunno: I checked the NY media to see if Girardi was getting grilled for such a colossal blunder, but I didn't see any criticism. Enjoy the honeymoon while it lasts, Joe G. Or maybe it's just because the game got over late, and the reporters couldn't be bothered to update their stories.

Vernam

thomas35forever
04-25-2008, 01:43 PM
I'm ashamed to admit this on WSI, but I had my first ever churro at the ballpark last night.:redface:

It's Dankerific
04-25-2008, 02:09 PM
I wasn't able to catch the game because of work, but I saw some highlights on BBTN. Mark vs. Hester (pregame first pitch) was hilarious.

Boondock Saint
04-25-2008, 02:20 PM
I'm ashamed to admit this on WSI, but I had my first ever churro at the ballpark last night.:redface:

Wear it like a badge, my friend. First of many.

LoveYourSuit
04-25-2008, 02:26 PM

Mini churros in the bag are even better.

I don't know why, but I like to have a churros with a beer. Sort like having sweet beer nuts or M&Ms with beer.

Ava83
04-25-2008, 02:28 PM

So did I! I was advised at the game to try the strawberry. Next time.

doublem23
04-25-2008, 02:30 PM

Everybody's a winner!

:moonwalk::moonwalk::moonwalk:

voodoochile
04-25-2008, 02:32 PM
I think Skanberg liked the title of the thread last night...

http://palehose8.blogspot.com/

Boondock Saint
04-25-2008, 02:36 PM
I think Skanberg liked the title of the thread last night...

http://palehose8.blogspot.com/

That picture was created from 100% pure molten awesome.

A. Cavatica
04-25-2008, 08:44 PM
Uhhhh, who wouldn't?

I think I might rather be 11-10 and finished with the Red Sox & Yankees than 12-9 and finished with the Royals & Rangers. But if schedule doesn't come into it, then even I must admit: 12-9 is better than 11-10.

Boondock Saint
04-25-2008, 09:43 PM
I think I might rather be 11-10 and finished with the Red Sox & Yankees than 12-9 and finished with the Royals & Rangers. But if schedule doesn't come into it, then even I must admit: 12-9 is better than 11-10.

WSI

The sole place on the internet where it's argued that a worse record could be more desirable. :redneck