PDA

View Full Version : Shops and Restaurants at Dodger Stadium

Hitmenof77
04-24-2008, 01:31 PM
The Dodgers have announced a plan to build shops, restaurants and parking garages in the parking lot of Dodger Stadium.

So now instead of the view of the weed infested hills, you'll see the same boring chain restaurants (PF Changs, Outback, etc) and shops.

Progress.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-dodrep24apr24,1,143710.story

04-24-2008, 01:33 PM
Interesting. Dodger Stadium could use some updating. I wonder if they are also considering selling the naming rights.

eriqjaffe
04-24-2008, 01:34 PM
Well, let's see...it'll go from sitting in your car for two hours trying to leave to sitting in P.F. Chang's for two hours waiting to leave.

Not a bad trade-off, I guess.

Hitmenof77
04-24-2008, 01:52 PM
Well, let's see...it'll go from sitting in your car for two hours trying to leave to sitting in P.F. Chang's for two hours waiting to leave.

Not a bad trade-off, I guess.

If it takes you two hours to leave the parking lot at Dodger Stadium, you must be a tourist. Yes, the parking lots suck but I'm out of there within 10 mins.

eriqjaffe
04-24-2008, 02:01 PM
If it takes you two hours to leave the parking lot at Dodger Stadium, you must be a tourist. Yes, the parking lots suck but I'm out of there within 10 mins.I lived in LA for 6 1/2 years, so I'm not exactly a tourist. Although I exaggerate for comic effect, it was never quick to get out of there...well, except for the time I stuck around until 1 in the morning for a 14-inning game.

The worst was on the 4th of July, that time it really did take almost 3 hours just to get to the Police Academy.

Hitmenof77
04-24-2008, 02:11 PM
I lived in LA for 6 1/2 years, so I'm not exactly a tourist. Although I exaggerate for comic effect, it was never quick to get out of there...well, except for the time I stuck around until 1 in the morning for a 14-inning game.

The worst was on the 4th of July, that time it really did take almost 3 hours just to get to the Police Academy.

Tourist :)

Stoky44
04-24-2008, 03:06 PM
If it takes you two hours to leave the parking lot at Dodger Stadium, you must be a tourist. Yes, the parking lots suck but I'm out of there within 10 mins.

That's because you left in the 7th inning, us tourists stayed all 9. lol

Seriously, enlighten all of us travelers on how to get out of the lot in a reasonable time. Is it about parking location? I have spent a long time in that lot, certainly not 2 hrs, but a lot longer then 10 min.

Hitmenof77
04-24-2008, 04:15 PM
That's because you left in the 7th inning, us tourists stayed all 9. lol

Seriously, enlighten all of us travelers on how to get out of the lot in a reasonable time. Is it about parking location? I have spent a long time in that lot, certainly not 2 hrs, but a lot longer then 10 min.

I can't give away my secrets. I don't want to get stuck behind all you tourists. :)

Ok a couple things but it will cost you a beer and a grilled Dodger Dog when the Sox are in town.

Do nots:

Do not enter, park or exit through the Stadium Way or Sunset Blvd entrances. Only idiots do that. That's why people get stuck in the lot for 2 hrs after a game.

Do:

Enter the park from the entrance behind RF. Not exactly sure what that entrance is called. You get there off of Broadway and come up through the neighborhood.

And I only leave after the game is over. But by that time many Dodger fans have been gone since the 7th.

skobabe8
04-24-2008, 04:20 PM
Developing stadium parking lots without losing any parking spaces and making money from retail....what a novel idea! :tongue: