PDA

View Full Version : C'mon guys

mack10zie
04-30-2002, 12:20 PM
I can't believe there are actually people calling for Frank Thomas' head. I mean, the guy did miss almost an entire season, give him more than 25 games to get the feel back. Did you really expect him to come out firing on all cylinders? Frank Thomas is a legitimate star on this team, and he is still one of the top hitters in the game today. Has he struggled? Sure. Will he continue to struggle? I can't say, but I would be surprised if his BA isn't higher than .310 or .315 by the end of the season. He's still keeping pretty good plate discipline, as he leads the team in walks and even with his meager average he is still tied for 3rd on the team in RBI. Yes, I'm disappointed with Franks Thomas' start, but damn, give the man some time, I mean, just look at some of the other star players who are also struggling.

Jim Thome - .205, 6 HR, 19 RBI, 17 BB, 26 K
Shawn Green - .237, 3 HR, 17 RBI, 11 BB, 23 K
Robbie Alomar - .248, 3 HR, 12 RBI, 8 BB, 18 K
Bernie Williams - .238, 1 HR, 7 RBI, 18 BB, 12 K

Just a few examples.

I mean sure if we got some kind of ridiculous offer for him or even a fair trade for a stud pitcher or something like that I would consider it, just as I would consider almost any trade where we could possibly benefit, but trading Frank would take a whole heck of a lot and there is no way we should be shopping him around. Frank started here and IMO he should finish his career here. He has been one of the all-time great hitters to ever play for this organization and just because of a shaky start people want to run him out of town? I just don't get it I guess.

Cheryl
04-30-2002, 12:28 PM
Neither do I. Frank has always started slow, I'm not seeing a whole lot of difference yet this season from any other season.

Paulwny
04-30-2002, 12:51 PM
Too many people want instant gratification.

PaleHoseGeorge
04-30-2002, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by Paulwny
Too many people want instant gratification.

Or they could simply be...
:crossdresser

LMAO!!!

:gulp:

FarWestChicago
04-30-2002, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge

Or they could simply be...
:crossdresser
There are definitely a few of them running around here.