PDA

View Full Version : Detroit Whoopin on Texas

getonbckthr
04-23-2008, 09:06 PM
18-6. They just had an 11 run inning. They only hit 1 HR in the inning.

JGarlandrules20
04-23-2008, 09:15 PM
It's also Granderson's first game back in the lineup...

FourStarsTwoBars
04-23-2008, 09:20 PM
Blind mice find the cheese once in a while.

FedEx227
04-23-2008, 09:27 PM

Or in 6 of their last 10.

FloridaTigers
04-23-2008, 09:37 PM
Cabrera went yard in that 11 run inning. He's really turning on right now. I hope my prediction of .300 and 15-20 homeruns holds true by the ASB. Atleast one of them.

DSpivack
04-23-2008, 09:54 PM
Cabrera went yard in that 11 run inning. He's really turning on right now. I hope my prediction of .300 and 15-20 homeruns holds true by the ASB. Atleast one of them.

That's not exactly out there. He's a career .311/.386/.540 hitter who has averaged 31 HRs (in a pitcher's park) and 118 RBIs for a 162-game span.

kjhanson
04-23-2008, 10:20 PM
Or in 6 of their last 10.

Houston and Florida have both won 6 of 10. What's Your Point?

oeo
04-23-2008, 10:34 PM
Houston and Florida have both won 6 of 10. What's Your Point?

They're going to win their fair share of ballgames. A division winner? Doubtful, but they're still going to score runs.

As for tonight...meh. They had an 11-run inning...they might have one more of those the rest of the year.

WhiteSox5187
04-23-2008, 10:37 PM
Anyone who thought that Detroit was going to wind up losing 90 games because of their rough start is nuts. They're STILL a force to be reckoned with in the AL Central. Now whether or not they can slug their way into the playoffs is questionable, but they'll be in the race.

JB98
04-23-2008, 10:48 PM
The Tigers are now within three games of first place. That slow start hasn't cost them that badly.

LoveYourSuit
04-23-2008, 11:29 PM

I like that. :rolleyes:

If there is one team who has the talent to get out of a catasthropical bad start, it was that team right there.

Please let's not wake up that sleeping giant.

LoveYourSuit
04-23-2008, 11:31 PM
Anyone who thought that Detroit was going to wind up losing 90 games because of their rough start is nuts. They're STILL a force to be reckoned with in the AL Central. Now whether or not they can slug their way into the playoffs is questionable, but they'll be in the race.

With more reason why we should not put this thing on cruise control for 86-88 wins.

We need to cut throats and win 95 (minimum).

This is why I get so wound up on bad losses (like the Baltimore game).

chisoxmike
04-23-2008, 11:41 PM
The last time the Tigers scored 11 runs in one inning was EXACTLY four years ago today against the Indians.

WhiteSox5187
04-24-2008, 01:07 AM
With more reason why we should not put this thing on cruise control for 86-88 wins.

We need to cut throats and win 95 (minimum).

This is why I get so wound up on bad losses (like the Baltimore game).
Or yesterday for that matter. Come back wins in April count as much as the ones in September or the blown wins. We've looked lifeless past two games, that HAS to change and it HAS to change NOW.

LoveYourSuit
04-24-2008, 01:11 AM
Or yesterday for that matter. Come back wins in April count as much as the ones in September or the blown wins. We've looked lifeless past two games, that HAS to change and it HAS to change NOW.

I agree. The 1st Yakee loss hurt but you expect that team to be as good as you or even better. You expect that $250 million roster to find ways to make comebacks on you with the minimum lead of one run in the 7th.

The Baltimore loss has no excuse. Bad team, 2 run lead, your lights out closer in there to shut the door. Did not happen, and it hurt big time.

FourStarsTwoBars
04-24-2008, 01:12 AM

Woah, we're trying to talk about the other 28 teams here, if you want to rant about the sox, take it to the c********.

Oblong
04-24-2008, 07:21 AM
The last time the Tigers scored 11 runs in one inning was EXACTLY four years ago today against the Indians.

Same inning too.

Cabrera's HR was an opposite field shot that went over the wall where Comerica's right CF starts to bend back at a 45 degree angle. It was all wrists. He flicked them at the last moment.

FedEx227
04-24-2008, 10:41 AM
Same inning too.

Cabrera's HR was an opposite field shot that went over the wall where Comerica's right CF starts to bend back at a 45 degree angle. It was all wrists. He flicked them at the last moment.

That reminds me of some of the Albert Pujols home runs, where it's like a half a second reaction to know where the ball is and oooh yeeaah... peace.

kraut83
04-24-2008, 11:36 AM
I know it's early, and their pitching blows, but Ron Washington might be a candidate for first manager fired this season.

FloridaTigers
04-24-2008, 03:44 PM
The Tigers are now within three games of first place. That slow start hasn't cost them that badly.

The Royals coming back down to Earth and the Indians slow start helps.

Lip Man 1
04-24-2008, 05:23 PM
Tigers won again this afternoon, that's eight of their last 11.

Lip

Foulke You
04-24-2008, 05:40 PM
I know it's early, and their pitching blows, but Ron Washington might be a candidate for first manager fired this season.
Washington was pretty high on my "endangered managers" list going into this season. He doesn't have a whole lot to work with there but the old cliche of "you can't fire the whole team" comes into play.

WhiteSox5187
04-24-2008, 05:46 PM
Tigers won again this afternoon, that's eight of their last 11.

Lip
I'm thinkin' that the Tigers are going to be like the '77 White Sox, they'll just beat you to death, but will have NO PITCHING.

DSpivack
04-24-2008, 06:51 PM
I'm thinkin' that the Tigers are going to be like the '77 White Sox, they'll just beat you to death, but will have NO PITCHING.

I'm worried the White Sox won't be too much different...

Tragg
04-24-2008, 11:53 PM
Hurry up Kenny, make some trades with Jon Daniels before he's booted. Surely they need a quality set-up man like MacDougal.
Maybe some infield depth with a Uribe.

Scottiehaswheels
04-25-2008, 12:34 AM
Hurry up Kenny, make some trades with Jon Daniels before he's booted. Surely they need a quality set-up man like MacDougal.
Maybe some infield depth with a Uribe.What could they possibly have that we want on the pitching side of things? Millwood? I won't even bother with Padilla, our fans would butcher him. [/teal]Michael Young to play 2B [teal/]

Frater Perdurabo
04-25-2008, 06:24 AM
What could they possibly have that we want on the pitching side of things? Millwood? I won't even bother with Padilla, our fans would butcher him. [/teal]Michael Young to play 2B [teal/]

I'd go for Michael Young at second and Kevin Millwood to solidify the pen.

The real question is what the Sox have and would be willing to give up that the Rangers would want.

Fields is probably our best "trading chip," but trading him leaves no in-house alternative if Crede leaves.

Tragg
04-25-2008, 12:17 PM
What could they possibly have that we want on the pitching side of things? Millwood? I won't even bother with Padilla, our fans would butcher him. [/teal]Michael Young to play 2B [teal/]
I'm sure they have some young talent in the farm system that we could use. That's the great need for the Sox.
I see MacDougal as our best trading chip.
Fields should be moved only for other young talent (like McCarthy was moved) not for some veteran.

SoxGirl4Life
04-25-2008, 12:42 PM
Maybe some infield depth with a Uribe.

Oh would a MacDougal trade be sweet.

Frater Perdurabo
04-25-2008, 01:11 PM
Fields should be moved only for other young talent (like McCarthy was moved) not for some veteran.

What about a young veteran, like a Swisher?

WhiteSox5187
04-25-2008, 01:41 PM
I'm worried the White Sox won't be too much different...
I think we have more pitching right now...I'm more worried about our inability to manufacture runs right now.

Tragg
04-25-2008, 04:40 PM
What about a young veteran, like a Swisher?

Okay. But not some rent or near rent - those trades are rare and for good reason.
Who do you have in mind?

Back to the Rangers, watching them tonight, after their ace Milwood gives up a slam to Mauer. In the bottom of the same inning, the Rangers have 5 runs in and Blalock on 2nd.... somebody hits a ball off the wall; idiot/slow Blalock gets thrown out at home and the batter gets nailed trying for a triple. So instead of 2nd and 3rd nobody out, it's 2 out nobody on...the baserunning affecianados on this board would have burst a vessle.

Frater Perdurabo
04-25-2008, 08:40 PM
Okay. But not some rent or near rent - those trades are rare and for good reason.
Who do you have in mind?

I'm not thinking of a one-for-one trade, or thinking of specific packages, or trying to compare values.

You asked for names. Off the top of my head, I would think of a pitcher like an Ian Snell (Pittsburgh) or a 2B like Ian Kinsler (Rangers). Maybe the Giants would give up Lincecum for a nice package centered around Fields (the old 4 or 5 for 1 trade).
:shrug:

Incidentally, that's just freaky that I would think of two Ians. Maybe that's because it what my wife and I plan to name our son.
:redface:

FireMariotti
04-25-2008, 09:02 PM
Incidentally, that's just freaky that I would think of two Ians. Maybe that's because it what my wife and I plan to name our son.
:redface:

Ian Perdurabo. I like it!:redneck

Frater Perdurabo
04-25-2008, 09:11 PM

:rolling:

Frater Perdurabo
04-25-2008, 09:12 PM

I guess I'll have to change my name to Pater Perdurabo. :redneck