PDA

View Full Version : Tigers to Switch Guillen, Cabrera

DSpivack
04-23-2008, 04:04 PM
Just saw the crawl while watching ESPN2...Miguel Cabrera to 1B, Carlos Guillen to 3B. Certainly not a shock.

Jerko
04-23-2008, 04:08 PM
Thank goodness, because the way Guillen was always playing first with his non-plant foot right in the base path, he was gonna get somebody killed over there.

FloridaTigers
04-23-2008, 04:15 PM
Cabrera had never played 1B as a Marlin, but in his 6 or 7 games at 1B, he looks like a natural. Looks way more comfortable then Guillen. I know he'd be there one day, but I didn't think this soon.

I just hope Guillen does just decently. His arm isn't accurate and sometimes either overthrows or underthrows to first. Edgar Renteria has been exceptional at short. If Gary doesn't get better, I hope he retires so the Tigs can just move Guillen to DH already

TDog
04-23-2008, 04:38 PM
Didn't someone post that Joe Morgan said earlier this year that Guillen would make a GREAT firstbaseman?

JB98
04-23-2008, 06:12 PM
Didn't someone post that Joe Morgan said earlier this year that Guillen would make a GREAT firstbaseman?

LOL. Yes, he did. I heard that. Morgan said Guillen would win a gold glove. Moments later, Guillen dropped a routine throw to first, allowing Konerko to reach. The Sox went on to score six unearned runs in that inning, or something ridiculous like that.

voodoochile
04-23-2008, 06:24 PM

yeah, he was predicting Gold Gloves out the wazoo. First time I saw that goofy wrong foot on the bag to catch throws thing he does, I was like um... Joe, your what hurts?

Dan Mega
04-23-2008, 06:54 PM
yeah, he was predicting Gold Gloves out the wazoo. First time I saw that goofy wrong foot on the bag to catch throws thing he does, I was like um... Joe, your what hurts?

Isn't Joe regarded as one of the worst analysts in all the sport?

Over By There
04-23-2008, 07:15 PM
:nod:

Fire Joe Morgan (http://www.firejoemorgan.com/2005/04/some-questions-and-some-answers.html)

voodoochile
04-23-2008, 07:55 PM

I only see him when the Sox are on ESPN and he's doing the game, so I don't know, but it wouldn't surprise me. Certainly of all the posts mentioning Joe on these forums, I would say 90% have been negative.

FloridaTigers
04-23-2008, 08:39 PM
Yeah, don't remind us of the Joe Morgan statement. :(:

Oblong
04-23-2008, 09:30 PM
Guillen has looked horrible at first and Cabrera has been average at third. He's does have a rocket arm though. One of the best I've seen by an infielder in a long time.

Guillen played 3B with Seattle when ARod was the SS. It was statistically his best position there but that was 5 years ago. His range doesn't have to be as good as SS and neither does his arm. He just needs the quickness.