PDA

View Full Version : Team meetings = results

Jurr
04-22-2008, 09:23 PM
This past weekend, Chris Rongey asked Brian Anderson about the effect the pre-series meetings have had on the team. He answered that he finds it really helpful for the team to discuss our starters' approach and also to really put together a team concept for at bats against their starters/bullpen.

This offense looks extremely cohesive. The approach is really working out. I wonder what percentage of this team's success has to do with the fact that they get together at the beginning of a series and go over the gameplan.

fusillirob1983
04-22-2008, 10:07 PM
Interesting thought. You'd think this would be something every team does.

Lefty34
04-22-2008, 11:38 PM
and also to really put together a team concept for at bats against their starters/bullpen.

I'd really like to know what's going on in Uribe's head during those meetings. Something like.....

"Swing, Swing, Swing, Bench"

Perhaps? Maybe?

Lefty34
04-22-2008, 11:59 PM
On a serious note, though, I love that the Sox do this. I think that this gives them a great mindset going into a game and even a series, and maybe even an advantage. If you know the 6, 7, and 8 hitters are going to be taking some pitches, the 3, 4, 5 guys may not be so tentative at the plate and mash a first-pitch fastball rather than try to work the count, and so on and so forth. I like this attitude they have

AZChiSoxFan
04-23-2008, 10:05 AM
I'd really like to know what's going on in Uribe's head during those meetings. Something like.....

"Swing, Swing, Swing, Bench"

Perhaps? Maybe?

:rolling: