PDA

View Full Version : Crede will stick w/Boras

Sockinchisox
04-22-2008, 01:48 PM
http://www.suntimes.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/907575,CST-SPT-sox22.article

Chicken Dinner
04-22-2008, 02:07 PM
I figured Boras would throw one hell of a Christmas party for all his clients. Must just get a card. :D:

WhiteSox5187
04-22-2008, 02:42 PM
No surprise here. All that talk about wanting to stay with us was just that, talk.

hi im skot
04-22-2008, 02:53 PM
I love how people assume that this automatically means there's no chance for Crede to stick with the Sox now.

Let the season play out, see how Joe does, and take it from there. At this point in the season, the last thing I'm concerned about it contract situations...

Rocky Soprano
04-22-2008, 02:55 PM
No surprise here. All that talk about wanting to stay with us was just that, talk.

Just because he likes his representation doesn't mean he doesnt want to stay.

There are plenty of teams that dont like Boras but deal with him because they want certain players. You cant do whats best for your team if you refuse to deal with certain people.

Having Boras as an agent should not be an excuse or a deal breaker. That would be childish and I do not think the Sox are.

Let's just see what happens.

Steelrod
04-22-2008, 02:59 PM
Just because he likes his representation doesn't mean he doesnt want to stay.

There are plenty of teams that dont like Boras but deal with him because they want certain players. You cant do whats best for your team if you refuse to deal with certain people.

Having Boras as an agent should not be an excuse or a deal breaker. That would be childish and I do not think the Sox are.

Let's just see what happens.
Nnoe of his players sign early. If you get involved and do not sign your target, you are left with little alternative.

EMachine10
04-22-2008, 03:00 PM
I know that the Sox haven't really pursued his clients that actively in free agency, but have we been able to come to terms on an extension for one of our own players who is represented by Boras?

spiffie
04-22-2008, 03:04 PM
I know that the Sox haven't really pursued his clients that actively in free agency, but have we been able to come to terms on an extension for one of our own players who is represented by Boras?
None that I can think of who we didn't have some sort of claim on, guys who were true free agents.

Domeshot17
04-22-2008, 03:05 PM
Joe won't be back. Lets be real here and quit blowing sunshine up you know where. Our GM and Owner don't speak with Boras. When a deal has to get done, they send the assistant GM to do it. It is more of a fault on Kenny and Jerry then Boras.

I hate Boras, most do, but the truth is why should he care. We hate him because he is the best agent on the moon.

palehozenychicty
04-22-2008, 03:16 PM
Nothing to see here, and it's still early. As much as we love Joe, he is streaky. By July, who knows what is going to happen?

asindc
04-22-2008, 03:21 PM
This just in: Ice is still cold.

eriqjaffe
04-22-2008, 03:30 PM
If you get involved and do not sign your target, you are left with little alternative.That may be the best bargaining chip that the Sox have - they do have an alternative in Josh Fields, so it's not like they'd be stuck playing Pablo Ozuna at third next year if Crede decides to walk.

Irishsox1
04-22-2008, 03:40 PM
Joe is long gone and the Sox know it. They are going to ride Crede out (hopefully to the playoffs), lose him to free agency, pick up a draft pick and start Josh Fields next year.

Since the day Crede was called up in 2000, everyone knew that Boras was his agent and that he was going to leave as a free agent someday. Well, the Sox got basically got 6 good years out of the guy now someone is going to have to fork over a lot of money for his services and it isn't going to be the White Sox. Thanks for the memories.

turners56
04-22-2008, 05:41 PM
Crede just sent out a important message...

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/images/players/mugshot/ph_150317.jpg

"Show me the 5 year $75 million contract Kenny!"

http://homerderby.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/kenny-williams.jpgKenny says...

"Hold up one minute Joe, what did you say? 75 million for 5 years? You better pack your bags and hope I don't smudge some dirt on you"

Dick Allen
04-22-2008, 06:44 PM
Bye, Joe.

rocky biddle
04-22-2008, 06:49 PM
The only way Joe stays, in my opinion, is-

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n185/rockybiddle/joeandjr-1.jpg

"Mr. Reinsdorf, I think I have something that belongs to you..."

turners56
04-22-2008, 07:38 PM
The only way Joe stays, in my opinion, is-

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n185/rockybiddle/joeandjr-1.jpg

"Mr. Reinsdorf, I think I have something that belongs to you..."

2005 Paul Konerko (Remix)

DumpJerry
04-23-2008, 01:15 AM
Our GM and Owner don't speak with Boras. When a deal has to get done, they send the assistant GM to do it.
So, Rick Hahn is the guy who negotiates with Borass. What is so bad about that? Rick has worked out contracts with Borass in the past, so I think it is premature to write off Crede's future with the Sox post 2008.

Thome25
04-23-2008, 08:34 AM
So, Rick Hahn is the guy who negotiates with Borass. What is so bad about that? Rick has worked out contracts with Borass in the past, so I think it is premature to write off Crede's future with the Sox post 2008.

IMHO The fact that Crede is sticking with Boras (who is known for making teams overpay.) and his statement about (paraphrasing) "making a decision that affects your grandchildren and their grandchildren." means he's possibly looking to break the bank.

He also made a statement to the effect that just because AROD jumped off a cliff didn't mean he was going to. Now, unless it was taken out of context it sounded a little cocky and arrogant.

Having a 3B that is way too expensive (and negotiating with a cut-throat agent in the process.) is not a luxury the White Sox need especially with Fields waiting in the wings.

It pains me to type that because I'm a big Joe Crede fan and I appreciate what he has contributed as a White Sox player.

I never wanted him to meet the same fate as one of my all-time favorite Sox players....Robin Ventura (It hurt to see him in a Mets uniform.) But, unfortunately the writing is on the wall.

C-ya Joe. You will be missed.

LoveYourSuit
04-23-2008, 10:31 AM
Crede is very streaky. Him and AJ were off to Hall of Fame starts this year and have cooled off with the sticks.

Just let things play out, if Crede hits the wall here (I sure hope not), he will be the one begging for a Sox contract rather than the other way around.

Crede replaced by Fields
Cabrera replaced by Ramirez

Not a bad back up plan, let's not lose any sleep.

Frontman
04-23-2008, 10:34 AM
This just in: Ice is still cold.

And in related news, water is still wet.

FedEx227
04-23-2008, 10:46 AM
And in related news, water is still wet.

Any clue where the sun is setting today?

EMachine10
04-23-2008, 10:57 AM
Any clue where the sun is setting today?

Last I heard, we could catch it in the west tonight. Not sure about tomorrow.

FedEx227
04-23-2008, 11:00 AM
Last I heard, we could catch it in the west tonight. Not sure about tomorrow.

Interesting...

PennStater98r
04-23-2008, 05:27 PM
I hate Boras, most do, but the truth is why should he care. We hate him because he is the best agent on the moon.

I hate him because he's a shady prick - plain and simple. He's unethical. He's a liar, and he's unprofessional.

Scottzilla
04-23-2008, 06:01 PM
IMHO The fact that Crede is sticking with Boras (who is known for making teams overpay.)

That and the comment JR made a while ago about having to for free agents with, basically idiots. Is probably why the Sox don't do business with boras.
They feel he will always try to overcharge for a player, knowing some idiot GM will go for it.

I love Joe but looks like hes a goner.

Even if Joe has a bad year, Boras will not beg, he will still want too much.

FedEx227
04-23-2008, 10:48 PM
I hate him because he's a shady prick - plain and simple. He's unethical. He's a liar, and he's unprofessional.

That's my opinion on him as well, and it goes to Drew Rosenhaus of the NFL as well. What guys like this do is have their little peak years, then teams become hateful towards them, ditto for players. While the guy who doesn't make all the headlines stays around for awhile and doesn't really burn any bridges.

NADA SURF
04-28-2008, 10:29 PM
That may be the best bargaining chip that the Sox have - they do have an alternative in Josh Fields, so it's not like they'd be stuck playing Pablo Ozuna at third next year if Crede decides to walk.
I don't see how having Fields is a bargaining chip for the Sox...
If KW says, "you'd better sign or else we'll give the job to Fields...,"
Crede will just say, "See ya."

WhiteSox5187
04-29-2008, 12:50 AM
I don't see how having Fields is a bargaining chip for the Sox...
If KW says, "you'd better sign or else we'll give the job to Fields...,"
Crede will just say, "See ya."
Well I think the theory goes that then Boras can't say something like "You have to give Joe this much money or else you don't have a third baseman." Because we do in fact have a third baseman waiting in the wings, he might not be as good as Joe defensively, but he's fully capable of playing that position at least as well as Miguel Cabrera.

Mickster
04-29-2008, 08:36 AM
Well I think the theory goes that then Boras can't say something like "You have to give Joe this much money or else you don't have a third baseman." Because we do in fact have a third baseman waiting in the wings, he might not be as good as Joe defensively, but he's fully capable of playing that position at least as well as Miguel Cabrera.

.....who is now the first baseman for the Detroit Tigers.

Droso5
04-29-2008, 10:24 AM
.....who is now the first baseman for the Detroit Tigers.

Funny how that happens.

btrain929
04-29-2008, 11:53 AM
Crede is very streaky. Him and AJ were off to Hall of Fame starts this year and have cooled off with the sticks.

Just let things play out, if Crede hits the wall here (I sure hope not), he will be the one begging for a Sox contract rather than the other way around.

Crede replaced by Fields
Cabrera replaced by Ramirez

Not a bad back up plan, let's not lose any sleep.

If Ramirez continues to only get 5 ab's/week, I don't think he'll be ready to step in as OC's replacement for 2009 offensively. He still looks overmatched up at the plate.

John Barrett
04-29-2008, 05:29 PM
We should trade Joe at the dead-line...and get some MAJOR leaguers instead of drafts