PDA

View Full Version : Cabrera and Renteria fight

Rockabilly
04-22-2008, 01:14 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/espnmag/story?id=3356524

hi im skot
04-22-2008, 01:23 PM
Well, Cabrera is from the "southside," after all.

THIS TIME IT'S PERSONAL!!!!!

The Milkman
04-22-2008, 01:24 PM
Very well written and interesting story.

Heffalump
04-22-2008, 01:26 PM
yep, very interesting story.

Renteria and his brother sound pretty childish.

angiew
04-22-2008, 01:28 PM
Jeez....talk about holding a grudge:?: To me, the article made Renteria look like a jerk.

VeeckAsInWreck
04-22-2008, 01:29 PM
This would be talked about more if they played in New York and Boston. However, this story just made Tigers/White Sox games more interesting.

In the article I did like how Orlando got Manny to not take a day off because of a headache. That's the leadership quality we've been hearing so much about.

DeadMoney
04-22-2008, 01:46 PM
My opinion: I actually feel really bad for Cabrera after reading that and think that HE (not Renteria) has every reason to hold a grudge. Renteria on the other hand, sounds like a spoiled-prick.

EDIT: The article was very well written though, in that it didn't choose a side or try to sway the reader one way or the other; just the facts were presented.

Pear-Zin-Ski
04-22-2008, 01:47 PM
I bet there is wrong on both sides of the story...but it seems like Edgar an Co. are more in the wrong....

The way the story was written makes Cabrerra look like the underdog...typical of a story involving a White Sox player....

Navarro's Talent
04-22-2008, 01:49 PM
Interesting story. Renteria sounds like a jerk.

I'd much rather have Cabrera than Renteria anyway.

Hokiesox
04-22-2008, 02:01 PM
If one of them is stealing second, something tells me the swipe tag is not going to be very playful or light.

D. TODD
04-22-2008, 02:20 PM
I don't know, it seems like the Renteria's have put a lot more into this league for Columbia, and they feel Cabrera just tried to make some cash and screwed with what they had built. If they feel that strongly just part ways and have nothing to do with the guy, which is what he's doing. I don't see a problem with it at all. Edgar feels like there is nothing to talk about, so okay.

CRAW
04-22-2008, 02:34 PM
Cliff Notes anyone? :D:

oeo
04-22-2008, 02:39 PM
I don't know, it seems like the Renteria's have put a lot more into this league for Columbia, and they feel Cabrera just tried to make some cash and screwed with what they had built.

They have no evidence to support that claim.

And if Renteria doesn't want to talk about it, then yes, he's being an *******.

Honestly, they both came off as jerks from the article. The reason I take Cabrera's side is he actually wants to straighten it out, while Renteria is just being a stubborn bitch.

Domeshot17
04-22-2008, 03:01 PM
Cabrera's dad drafted Renteria

Renteria and his brother who never made it started a league in colombia. They petitioned Orlando to buy a team and he did. At the end of the year he sold it back because the league he says was poorly ran and they owed him money.

Edgar's brother then said he wouldn't pay and Orlando owed him money and he would sue if Orlando kept slandering the league. They think Orlando wants to bring the league down.

Edgar says Orlando is jealous because he is the best and better known colombian ball player.

palehozenychicty
04-22-2008, 03:14 PM
It sounds like guys being guys, more or less, except it's on a national scale with baseball in the mix. It also provides insight into why Boston dumped both Cabrera and then Renteria, though. A nice story from the Bristol Clowns? Who knew?

soxfanatlanta
04-22-2008, 03:44 PM
After reading the article, I felt that there is way more to this story. So we have two guys that don't like each other, this is news? :shrug:

Jerome
04-22-2008, 03:49 PM
MOD EDIT: Please do not paste copyrighted text on our boards.

:tongue:

VeeckAsInWreck
04-22-2008, 03:49 PM
After reading the article, I felt that there is way more to this story. So we have two guys that don't like each other, this is news? :shrug:

It's not news, but more of a human interest piece. Take it for what it's worth.

areilly
04-22-2008, 04:33 PM
The way the story was written makes Cabrerra look like the underdog...typical of a story involving a White Sox player....

False.

Uncle_Patrick
04-22-2008, 04:54 PM
Interesting story. I'm sure Rentaria feels justified, but his "He's jealous and trying to ruin me" lines sort of sound like excuses more that truth. My guess is that if it came down to it, Orlando might have an easier time proving his story (pulling out of the league because of mismanagement) than Edgar would have proving his. Then again, I don't have all the facts, so what do I know?

DickAllen72
04-22-2008, 04:57 PM
big deal.