PDA

View Full Version : Alex Rodriguez "seems likely to miss at least a few games"

jabrch
04-22-2008, 10:22 AM
Quad injury may not be too serious to require time on the DL, but is serious enough that we just might miss seeing him this trip. (I wouldn't exactly say I am missing it Bob...)

That's good luck for us.

From Rotoworld

MOD EDIT: Please do not paste copyrighted material directly on our boards. You may paraphrase or provide a link to the page you are quoting, but you may not directly copy and paste text here any more.

KenBerryGrab
04-22-2008, 10:41 AM
Great. That means he'll play tonight and go 4-for-5.

esbrechtel
04-22-2008, 11:40 AM
Great. That means he'll play tonight and go 4-for-5.
especially since I sat him in my fantasy league...

hawkjt
04-22-2008, 11:44 AM
Fine by me..if Arod is out that cancels out the Sox missing their starting centerfielder Owens.:D:

Seriously, the Sox have historically done ok dealing with A-rod it seems but I would prefer not to test that theory

itsnotrequired
04-22-2008, 11:50 AM
Seriously, the Sox have historically done ok dealing with A-rod it seems but I would prefer not to test that theory

He has his lowest career average, slugging and OBP against the Sox (when compared to the other AL teams). Second only to Texas in most other offensive categories, mainly due to the fewer plate appearances.

SoxGirl4Life
04-22-2008, 11:55 AM
They'll just use him as the super-sub to drive a stake thru our collective hearts in the eigth inning.

palehozenychicty
04-22-2008, 11:57 AM
Fine by me..if Arod is out that cancels out the Sox missing their starting centerfielder Owens.:D:

He's out late talking real estate with Reinsdorf when he comes to town.

JB98
04-22-2008, 01:20 PM
We've been catching some breaks this year on stuff like this.

Six games against Detroit with no Granderson. Sheffield and Guillen were also not 100 percent when we played the Tigers.

Cuddyer hurt, just in time to miss a series with the Sox.

Martinez goes down in the opener, misses the last two games of that series.

A-Rod gets hurt, just in time to miss a series with the Sox.

We'll take any break we can get.

hawkjt
04-22-2008, 02:01 PM
I know Granderson is a good player but Clete Thomas hit as good or better than him vs the Sox this year...I beleive he is still hitting over .300. I do not see that as a dropoff from Granderson. Kid made a believer out of me.

Again, tho, we are last in the league in hits but still leading the Central so you just never know.

Ava83
04-22-2008, 02:47 PM
I think it may be because his wife is about to give birth to their second child.

Will not miss him though.

RockJock07
04-22-2008, 03:48 PM
Per the Score, A-rod is gonna be sitting tonight, they didn't say anything about the rest of the series, but he's out for at least tonight. Good news!

Frontman
04-22-2008, 03:50 PM
We'll see how the rest of the series shapes up, but no A-rod would be a good thing.

gf2020
04-22-2008, 04:09 PM
Here's the Yanks' lineup:

Damon lf
Jeter ss
Abreu rf
Matsui dh
Posada c
Cano 2b
Giambi 1b
Ensberg 3b
Cabrera cf

HomeFish
04-22-2008, 04:18 PM
But if A-Rod is a clubhouse cancer who can't hit in clutch situations, doesn't losing him make the Yankees stronger?

Frater Perdurabo
04-22-2008, 04:26 PM
But if A-Rod is a clubhouse cancer who can't hit in clutch situations, doesn't losing him make the Yankees stronger?

Well played! :smile:

SoxGirl4Life
04-22-2008, 04:39 PM
His wife had their baby too. Word is he won't be back with the club until Thursday.

Bigfoot38
04-22-2008, 04:44 PM
His wife had their baby too. Word is he won't be back with the club until Thursday.

I was about to say his kid is expected soon, but apparently that happened so no A-Rod tuesday/wednesday