PDA

View Full Version : What would an all-Chicago World Series do?

thomas35forever
04-21-2008, 07:47 PM
Yes, I know the season is only three weeks old, but since this is the latest I can remember both teams being in first place this late in, what would both being in the World Series be like? The article on MLB.com also inspired me to create this thread.

Economically and globally, it would be good for the city. As far as fans go however, Chicago would be split in two. It would be a civil war. No matter what, Chicago would be home to a World Series winner. OTOH, can you imagine all the fighting that would go on for the entire series and beyond? JMO.

manders_01
04-21-2008, 07:51 PM
I envision the cops being very busy. :redneck

Economically though, I wouldn't see it having a huge impact. You wouldn't have a fan following from a different city coming in and spending big money on hotels, car rentals, food, etc. If the Sox and Scrubs do playoff tickets the same way Da Bears have done in the recent past, your debit/credit card must have an IL zip code on it. Yeah, there'd still be plenty of scalping so that could bring in the out-of-towners but I've got to think that having a true away team is what pumps $$ into the local economy.

C-Dawg
04-21-2008, 08:01 PM
Yes, I know the season is only three weeks old, but since this is the latest I can remember both teams being in first place this late in, what would both being in the World Series be like?

You must not be old enough to remember 1977.

Scottiehaswheels
04-21-2008, 08:11 PM

Economically though, I wouldn't see it having a huge impact. You wouldn't have a fan following from a different city coming in and spending big money on hotels, car rentals, food, etc. If the Sox and Scrubs do playoff tickets the same way Da Bears have done in the recent past, your debit/credit card must have an IL zip code on it. Yeah, there'd still be plenty of scalping so that could bring in the out-of-towners but I've got to think that having a true away team is what pumps $$ into the local economy.Don't you think Iowa would be empty for a good 2 weeks if the Cubs ever got to a World Series? Those farmers are making some serious bank with crop prices lately.... just sayin.. :) I'm almost tempted to say an all Chicago WS would pay for the Olympics just by all the Iowa imports alone coming in for that.

the1tab
04-21-2008, 08:15 PM
The world would implode if the Sox & Cubs met in the World Series. There isn't enough good karma in the free world to make that happen.

But if it did, I can tell you there would be a helluva lot more people giving a rip who was playing coast-to-coast than there were when it was a NY subway series.

the1tab
04-21-2008, 08:17 PM
It would also guarantee that we DIDN'T get the Olympics. If our public transportation can't handle a mild work day in the middle of the week, can you imagine the Batman Begins-type hysteria this city would experience if more than 500 people got on the Red Line at the same time???

WizardsofOzzie
04-21-2008, 08:17 PM

Economically though, I wouldn't see it having a huge impact. You wouldn't have a fan following from a different city coming in and spending big money on hotels, car rentals, food, etc. If the Sox and Scrubs do playoff tickets the same way Da Bears have done in the recent past, your debit/credit card must have an IL zip code on it. Yeah, there'd still be plenty of scalping so that could bring in the out-of-towners but I've got to think that having a true away team is what pumps $$ into the local economy.
Being from northwest Indiana, and now living in Indianapolis, I hate that ****ing policy :angry:

Optipessimism
04-21-2008, 08:18 PM

It would be great for the city economically considering all the extra spending in bars, restaurants, and on memorabilia in stores. Not just the city, but the whole state pretty much would be nuts, at least the Northern half, plus some of Wisconsin, Indiana, and Iowa. It would be huge. Nationally it would have an appeal because of the Cubs drought, and I think that the craziness of the regular season series' would be amplified a ton, which would make for a very loud, very exciting series. It sure as hell would be a lot more fun to watch than the New York subway series was.

Hitmen77
04-21-2008, 08:21 PM
Yes, I know the season is only three weeks old, but since this is the latest I can remember both teams being in first place this late in, what would both being in the World Series be like? The article on MLB.com also inspired me to create this thread.

Economically and globally, it would be good for the city. As far as fans go however, Chicago would be split in two. It would be a civil war. No matter what, Chicago would be home to a World Series winner. OTOH, can you imagine all the fighting that would go on for the entire series and beyond? JMO.

...or 2003.

sox1970
04-21-2008, 08:24 PM
No beer sales at the games. No tailgating allowed. Tons of security.

DeadMoney
04-21-2008, 08:34 PM
The ticket situation for Sox fans would not be good. It'd be cool, but if I had a choice ... no thanks (of course, if it meant playing in another WS, then I'm all for it).

QCIASOXFAN
04-21-2008, 08:39 PM
All I know is that if it did happen we better win it.

gaelhound
04-21-2008, 08:46 PM
All I know is that if it did happen we better win it.Lets make it really interesting, how about Loser leaves town!

RadioheadRocks
04-21-2008, 08:48 PM
Isn't that one of the signs of the Apocalypse?

santo=dorf
04-21-2008, 08:51 PM
...WTS would be flooded with more Cubs garbage.

chisoxfanatic
04-21-2008, 08:51 PM
It would also guarantee that we DIDN'T get the Olympics. If our public transportation can't handle a mild work day in the middle of the week, can you imagine the Batman Begins-type hysteria this city would experience if more than 500 people got on the Red Line at the same time???
It would probably be like trying to get on the EL on the 4th of July...My god, that was a huge challenge! It took us about a half hour just to get on a train after the fireworks last summer!

No kidding! I'd probably be unable to eat much during the entire series as well.

C-Dawg
04-21-2008, 08:59 PM
...or 2003.

I almost mentioned 2003 but couldn't remember if or when they both were in first place at the same time, late in the season. I looked it up... it was brief, but late. September 7-9, 2003. The Cubs then promptly slipped back into second, and when they snuck back into first a couple weeks later, the Sox were gone.

I hated the postseason that year, seeing as how the Sox spent much, much more time leading their division that the Cubs did.

QCIASOXFAN
04-21-2008, 09:01 PM
It would probably be like trying to get on the EL on the 4th of July...My god, that was a huge challenge! It took us about a half hour just to get on a train after the fireworks last summer!

No kidding! I'd probably be unable to eat much during the entire series as well.
I would be shunned into self seclusion in fear of dealing with the dreaded Iowa Cub fans if we lost. TheRacehorse, JohnTucker and I would have to band together.:gulp:

Corlose 15
04-21-2008, 09:05 PM

That's for sure. That would be the most nerve wracking series imaginable. It wouldn't be only wanting the Sox to win but really really not wanting them to lose.:cool:

Although, it'd be sweet if that happened this year and the Sox swept their sorry asses.

thomas35forever
04-21-2008, 09:07 PM
...or 2003.
Truthfully, I payed very little attention to any division standings that year other than the AL Central. Since it only happened over a three-day period, it would make sense that I have no memory of it.

turners56
04-21-2008, 09:08 PM
If we were to win, 60% of the City would hate us even more. If we were to lose, we'd have to take crap from 60% of the city for another 100 years.

In the midst of this, I imagine a bunch of bar fights and drunks not knowing *** they're doing or supposed to do (resulting in police activity and something similar to Disco Demolition to happen at the Shrine, can't wait to read the Cubune headlines for that eh?).

All in all, it's pretty much a lose-lose situation (outside of the 3 hours we'll be watching the game). It would seem like "great fun", but what it will end up as is a loudmouth argument between you (the hopefully intelligent White Sox fan) and a crowd of 10 cent brain Cubs fans telling you that the entire White Sox team is somehow on steroids or their faithful argument that the baseball gods will make the Sox lose due to 1919. I could keep on listing irrelevant subjects here if I really wanted to, but we all know the things that come out of the supposed "die hard" Cubs fan from 2003. Not to mention the few from 2007 and of course the enormous army that will come in 2008.

Of course, the possibility of this is quite slim, considering the Cubs are the Cubs, and the White Sox play in the toughest division in the toughest league of baseball. However, if this were to happen (and I once dreamt of it, it almost did happen, unfortunately the Cubs weren't finished getting there yet, they were up 3-1 in the NLCS, while the Sox clinched the pennant against the A's 4-1) the city would be in utter chaos and the White Sox would be treated as garbage by the media and by the majority of the city. With that said, I hope that a cross-town series will never ever ever happen in my lifetime.

geraldfritz
04-21-2008, 09:34 PM
If we were to win, 60% of the City would hate us even more. If we were to lose, we'd have to take crap from 60% of the city for another 100 years.

In the midst of this, I imagine a bunch of bar fights and drunks not knowing *** they're doing or supposed to do (resulting in police activity and something similar to Disco Demolition to happen at the Shrine, can't wait to read the Cubune headlines for that eh?).

All in all, it's pretty much a lose-lose situation (outside of the 3 hours we'll be watching the game). It would seem like "great fun", but what it will end up as is a loudmouth argument between you (the hopefully intelligent White Sox fan) and a crowd of 10 cent brain Cubs fans telling you that the entire White Sox team is somehow on steroids or their faithful argument that the baseball gods will make the Sox lose due to 1919. I could keep on listing irrelevant subjects here if I really wanted to, but we all know the things that come out of the supposed "die hard" Cubs fan from 2003. Not to mention the few from 2007 and of course the enormous army that will come in 2008.

Of course, the possibility of this is quite slim, considering the Cubs are the Cubs, and the White Sox play in the toughest division in the toughest league of baseball. However, if this were to happen (and I once dreamt of it, it almost did happen, unfortunately the Cubs weren't finished getting there yet, they were up 3-1 in the NLCS, while the Sox clinched the pennant against the A's 4-1) the city would be in utter chaos and the White Sox would be treated as garbage by the media and by the majority of the city. With that said, I hope that a cross-town series will never ever ever happen in my lifetime.

I agree with you. I do not wanna see it happen in my life either. I dont want to put up with all the pompus douchebags that will be around, and all the garbage that they will be spewing out with drunken slurred speech. This is my view of hell, let me tell ya.

Scottiehaswheels
04-21-2008, 09:38 PM
If this were to happen and the Sox won, and I was absolutely stinking rich, I'd pay for WGN to run the victory parade tape prior to every single Cub's game as well as during rain delays, etc. :cool:

NADA SURF
04-21-2008, 09:40 PM
A World Series between Chicago teams could kill a lot of people...
I envision the feds would implement martial law. They would order Cubs and Sox fans to gather in groups and walk under armed guards to Series games. Armed guards would also be placed in all greater Chicagoland sports bars and opposing fans would not be allowed to make eye contact during the Series...
All Chicago-land patrons (whether they like baseball or not) would be forced to choose one team and forced to wear one artifact of either team at all times to help the armed guards keep the peace...
Cheering at all public places would be heavily restricted until sometime around Thanksgiving when everyone can go back to yelling and screaming at each other.
Anyone caught violating any of these rules would be forced to serve time at the ballparks of the team they are not cheering for. Length of stay would depend on the severity of the crime. (For instance, maiming a Cub fan might get you a week at Wrigley.)
The mission here would be to save lives in what would be the most collectively happy period in Chicago baseball history and money would be no object.

soxfan21
04-21-2008, 09:46 PM
I also don't know if I would really want this. There would be chaos in the city, games at the Cell would probably have a load of cubs fans at it, and when the cubs would lose the series the city of Chicago would burn down. I think that it would be nuts going to bars in the city and cops would be everywhere, as mentioned before. I just know that if, for some weird reason, the cubs did win this game, none of us would ever live this down for the rest of our lives. Most cub fans would give Sox fans crap for a long time and I know that I would not want to deal with that for the rest of my life.

itsnotrequired
04-21-2008, 09:49 PM

It was all the way back in the Dark Ages of 2004 when both teams were in first place at this point in the season...

Jurr
04-21-2008, 09:52 PM
It would be a very icky situation. I would be on the verge of suicide if the Sox lost that series.

NADA SURF
04-21-2008, 09:53 PM
I also don't know if I would really want this. There would be chaos in the city, games at the Cell would probably have a load of cubs fans at it, and when the cubs would lose the series the city of Chicago would burn down. I think that it would be nuts going to bars in the city and cops would be everywhere, as mentioned before. I just know that if, for some weird reason, the cubs did win this game, none of us would ever live this down for the rest of our lives. Most cub fans would give Sox fans crap for a long time and I know that I would not want to deal with that for the rest of my life.
We may just have to pack up and move to another country and become soccer fans.

areilly
04-21-2008, 10:01 PM
Of course, the possibility of this is quite slim, considering the Cubs are the Cubs, and the White Sox play in the toughest division in the toughest league of baseball.

Looking at the way Cleveland and Detroit are playing, and at what's going on in the AL East and NL West, I'm not so sure that statement rings true anymore.

cws05champ
04-21-2008, 10:32 PM

Now just imagine game 7 and a winner take all scenario. Now that would be nuts if if came to that. Sox win on a walk off by Swisher....:bandance::bandance:

Soxfanspcu11
04-21-2008, 10:34 PM

Illinois AND Northwest Indiana!:D:

Still can't believe they nearly dropped the ball on that.

Scottiehaswheels
04-21-2008, 10:36 PM
Sox win on a walk off by Swisher....:bandance::bandance:Screw that... Kerry Wood walking in the winning run would be better. :happyguy:

chisoxfanatic
04-21-2008, 10:39 PM
Screw that... Kerry Wood walking in the winning run would be better. :happyguy:

Screw that...Nothing would be better than embarrassing them like the Boston Red Sox did us at Comiskey last August!

jabrch
04-21-2008, 10:42 PM
Shut the entire city down for 2 weeks...

DumpJerry
04-21-2008, 10:47 PM

I was thinking the same thing. The Sox and Cubs were in first place longer in their respective league longer than any other team that year. Only problem was, they weren't in First on the only day that counted.

Are the grocery store workers going on strike in the event of an El World Series? They'll still be serving food at Comiskey and the bars won't close their kitchens during the games.

Rockman218
04-21-2008, 10:50 PM
I just imagine all the cubs fans drowning out the Sox fans at the games. I'm not saying we aren't loyal fans. I'm just saying the Cubs have a deeper fan base. But in the end, that just makes it all the more sweeter when we win game 7 at The Cell. :bandance: :dtroll::gulp:

areilly
04-21-2008, 10:58 PM
Now just imagine game 7 and a winner take all scenario. Now that would be nuts if if came to that. Sox win on a walk off by Swisher....:bandance::bandance:

Everyone knows there's only one man fit to crush the Cubs in a game 7 walk-off.

:walkoff:

Andy T Clown
04-21-2008, 11:05 PM
hmmm..... this may explain the earthquake :o:

DumpJerry
04-21-2008, 11:05 PM
I just imagine all the cubs fans drowning out the Sox fans at the games. I'm not saying we aren't loyal fans. I'm just saying the Cubs have a deeper fan base. But in the end, that just makes it all the more sweeter when we win game 7 at The Cell. :bandance: :dtroll::gulp:
Cubs have a deeper fan base? Says who? Just because they have the local media somehow wrapped around their fingers, does not negate the fact that it was not long ago they routinely shut down the Upper Deck at The Urinal because of low ticket sales. The Cub fan base, once you get beyond the hard core true baseball fans, is a very shallow swimming pool.

We had White Sox Country long before certain teams declared themselves to be independent sovereign states. The slogan in the early 70's was "You're in Sox Country!"

thomas35forever
04-21-2008, 11:26 PM
A World Series between Chicago teams could kill a lot of people...
I envision the feds would implement martial law. They would order Cubs and Sox fans to gather in groups and walk under armed guards to Series games. Armed guards would also be placed in all greater Chicagoland sports bars and opposing fans would not be allowed to make eye contact during the Series...
All Chicago-land patrons (whether they like baseball or not) would be forced to choose one team and forced to wear one artifact of either team at all times to help the armed guards keep the peace...
Cheering at all public places would be heavily restricted until sometime around Thanksgiving when everyone can go back to yelling and screaming at each other.
Anyone caught violating any of these rules would be forced to serve time at the ballparks of the team they are not cheering for. Length of stay would depend on the severity of the crime. (For instance, maiming a Cub fan might get you a week at Wrigley.)
The mission here would be to save lives in what would be the most collectively happy period in Chicago baseball history and money would be no object.
I'll pitch your idea to Spielberg.:redneck

DumpJerry
04-21-2008, 11:31 PM
It ain't gonna happen. Lou is using his bullpen a lot these days. It will catch up to him on July when his 'pen starts to fall apart from overuse. My friends who are Cub fans who know baseball are worried.

Ozzie has been blessed with some real stud starting pitching 99% of the time. This is allowing him to give the 'pen enough work to stay fresh without using up the batteries in their arms before October.

eriqjaffe
04-21-2008, 11:55 PM
I don't think I could take the stress of such a situation. Heck, I could barely take the stress of the '05 Series, and that was a sweep.

UofCSoxFan
04-22-2008, 12:11 AM
Honestly,

I'd love this for the simple fact that you can't have a Chicago series without the White Sox...I could care less who we play.

That being said, if we lost it would take years and years to get over it. If we won, however, I don't think my Cubs fan friends would ever talk baseball with me again and I think the city would become a Sox town again.

I would like the Sox chances if not for the simple fact that the Sox have been there before while the Cubs would have the pressure of 100 years on their shoulders, a burden they haven't carried too well in the past.

Chicken Dinner
04-22-2008, 12:22 AM
I think goat rentals would soar!:cool:

FedEx227
04-22-2008, 12:40 AM
It would be very, very annoying.

turners56
04-22-2008, 07:10 AM
Looking at the way Cleveland and Detroit are playing, and at what's going on in the AL East and NL West, I'm not so sure that statement rings true anymore.

We're only 20 games in, things can happen. Both of those teams have a lot of talent, if they don't contend, the world really has frozen over. Remember, if the experts say so, it must be true!

cws05champ
04-22-2008, 07:17 AM
Everyone knows there's only one man fit to crush the Cubs in a game 7 walk-off.

:walkoff:

Well played sir!!! :cool:

palehozenychicty
04-22-2008, 09:32 AM

Seriously.

whitem0nkey
04-22-2008, 10:05 AM
if we lose we can say " well were now 1-1 in world series among each other" so move along nothing to see, and how about that nice start by the bears what a surprise.

IceczMan
04-22-2008, 10:20 AM
Perhaps something along the lines of...

Dr. Peter Venkman (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000195/): This city is headed for a disaster of biblical proportions.
Mayor (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0546868/): What do you mean, "biblical"?
Dr Ray Stantz (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000101/): What he means is Old Testament, Mr. Mayor, real wrath of God type stuff.
Dr. Peter Venkman (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000195/): Exactly.
Dr Ray Stantz (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000101/): Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies! Rivers and seas boiling!
Dr. Egon Spengler (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000601/): Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes...
Winston Zeddemore (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001368/): The dead rising from the grave!
Dr. Peter Venkman (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000195/): Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

asindc
04-22-2008, 10:26 AM
if we lose we can say " well were now 1-1 in world series among each other" so move along nothing to see, and how about that nice start by the bears what a surprise.

But IF it happens and we win it, it will be 2-0 in WS head-to-head, 4-2 WS overall, and the ultimate "shut the **** up" line: "Having your team win a WS feels awesome, you should try it sometime.":cool:

jdm2662
04-22-2008, 11:11 AM
This city would not survive. I might as well just visit my family in Minnesota. I know it will get annoying very quickly.

kobo
04-22-2008, 11:12 AM
I would lose about 80% of my friends for 2 weeks if this were to happen.

itsnotrequired
04-22-2008, 11:25 AM
I would watch the series and then go on living my life.

rdwj
04-22-2008, 11:29 AM
It would be ugly - no doubt. Lots of drunks and fights. The celebration of the winners would probably be tainted by the bad behavior of the loser.

Scottzilla
04-22-2008, 11:30 AM
If sox win, cubs fans riot.
If cubs win, cubs fan riot.
It would suck tho, it would be another playoffs i wont be able to get tickets for. I HATE TICKET BROKERS.

esbrechtel
04-22-2008, 11:36 AM
Perhaps something along the lines of...

Dr. Peter Venkman (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000195/): This city is headed for a disaster of biblical proportions.
Mayor (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0546868/): What do you mean, "biblical"?
Dr Ray Stantz (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000101/): What he means is Old Testament, Mr. Mayor, real wrath of God type stuff.
Dr. Peter Venkman (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000195/): Exactly.
Dr Ray Stantz (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000101/): Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies! Rivers and seas boiling!
Dr. Egon Spengler (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000601/): Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes...
Winston Zeddemore (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001368/): The dead rising from the grave!
Dr. Peter Venkman (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000195/): Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

My thoughts exactly...If the sox lost I would have to move...

I_Liked_Manuel
04-22-2008, 11:41 AM
it would be the greatest 4 game series in chicago baseball history. this is the cubs we're talking about, do any of you seriously think they could pull it off?

skottyj242
04-22-2008, 11:52 AM
I would buy one of those shirts with two middle fingers on it with rings and it would say "Hey Cub fans, these are for you."

itsnotrequired
04-22-2008, 11:53 AM
I would buy one of those shirts with two middle fingers on it with rings and it would say "Hey Cub fans, these are for you."

If the Sox go into dynasty mode, you could get a shirt where the hand is all middle fingers.

skottyj242
04-22-2008, 11:55 AM
If the Sox go into dynasty mode, you could get a shirt that where the hand is all middle fingers.

I would get it done for real.

jenn2080
04-22-2008, 11:56 AM
If sox win, cubs fans riot.
If cubs win, cubs fan riot.
It would suck tho, it would be another playoffs i wont be able to get tickets for. I HATE TICKET BROKERS.

You give Sox fans a lot of credit. They would riot too.

I would probably go to live by my parents during the series.

Dan Mega
04-22-2008, 12:03 PM
I'd laugh at the people accusing season ticket holders of scalping their extras :cool:

hawkjt
04-22-2008, 12:14 PM
There was talk of dire happenings when the Mets and Yanks made the World Series back in 2000 ?..whenever...I do not remember actually hearing about much nastiness occuring in the end...but could be wrong.

Now, I do think there is more of a rivalry between Sox and Cub fans than Mets and Yanks... Yanks kinda dominate that one, I believe.

I can hardly deal with the six games we do play vs the Cubs now...cannot imagine my angst in a World Series vs the Cubs. My ticker would be imperiled.

thomas35forever
04-22-2008, 12:23 PM
Now, I do think there is more of a rivalry between Sox and Cub fans than Mets and Yanks.
That's not true! Haven't you seen the FOX promos? The Mets-Yankees rivalry is definitely the biggest intercity rivalry in all of baseball! Otherwise, Buck and McCarver wouldn't be doing that series! Get your facts straight, man!

soxfan13
04-22-2008, 12:45 PM
Everyone is forgetting the most important question, who does the Mayor bet with? Does he wager himself southside eats for northside eats, IMO he is the only winner here:D:

Iwritecode
04-22-2008, 12:48 PM
But IF it happens and we win it, it will be 2-0 in WS head-to-head, 4-2 WS overall, and the ultimate "shut the **** up" line: "Having your team win a WS feels awesome, you should try it sometime.":cool:

I already use that line...

Meixner007
04-22-2008, 01:08 PM
Everyone is forgetting the most important question, who does the Mayor bet with? Does he wager himself southside eats for northside eats, IMO he is the only winner here:D:

Blago.

eriqjaffe
04-22-2008, 01:13 PM
Everyone is forgetting the most important question, who does the Mayor bet with? Does he wager himself southside eats for northside eats, IMO he is the only winner here:D:Frank Crownie (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Cownie).

soxfan13
04-22-2008, 01:15 PM
Blago.

Now that would go against the tradition of betting the opposing team Mayor:redneck

Frank Crownie (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Cownie).

Now thats something we could work with:gulp:

oeo
04-22-2008, 01:37 PM
Being from northwest Indiana, and now living in Indianapolis, I hate that ****ing policy :angry:

I thought the Bears ended up changing that to include NW Indiana...

How could someone in southern Illinois get tickets (just because they're in Illinois), but people in NW Indiana (right there), could not?

bryPt
04-22-2008, 01:47 PM

Ronnie Woo Woo.

Palehose Pete
04-22-2008, 02:00 PM
No beer sales at the games. No tailgating allowed. Tons of security.

I could see tailgating being allowed, but everyone in the parking lot would have to show that they have a ticket to the game being played that day, so people wouldn't just show up to park and drink outside of the field where the WS is being played.

Sox83Kid
04-22-2008, 04:07 PM
:rolling:I think goat rentals would soar!:cool:

Hitmen77
04-22-2008, 04:27 PM

I totally agree. This would be a lose-lose situation for the Sox. Winning such a Series would obviously be 1 million times better than losing to the Cubs, but playing against and winning the Series against any other NL team would be much, much better.

In a Cubs-Sox Series, even if we won, a lions share of the attention will go to the "lovable" Cubs and their "lovable" fans and how wonderful they are and how they have to heroically deal with heartbreak at the hands of the bad Sox despite winning their first pennant in over 60 years. Plus I'm sure there would be some close play that would happen at some point during such a Series that Cub fans would latch onto forever as the excuse of how the Sox "cheated" a championship from them. No thanks.

geraldfritz
04-22-2008, 05:25 PM
Thinking about the Sox and Cubs in the World Series is making me nauseous. Please, let us not talk about this anymore.

sox1970
04-22-2008, 05:39 PM
Thinking about the Sox and Cubs in the World Series is making me nauseous. Please, let us not talk about this anymore.

Bring 'em on. I think it would be a lot of fun.

Imagine--Sox up 3-1 in the series. Cubs win games 5 and 6.

Go to game 7- Cubs up 5-4 going to the bottom of the 9th. Thome grounds out. Konerko flys out. Dye hits a 1-2 pitch up the middle for a hit.

AJ hits a homer to right for the championship.

chisoxfanatic
04-22-2008, 05:52 PM
Bring 'em on. I think it would be a lot of fun.

Imagine--Sox up 3-1 in the series. Cubs win games 5 and 6.

Go to game 7- Cubs up 5-4 going to the bottom of the 9th. Thome grounds out. Konerko flys out. Dye hits a 1-2 pitch up the middle for a hit.

AJ hits a homer to right for the championship.

Too much drama there! Let's obliterate them the entire series if it were to happen! I'd want blowouts in our favor each game.

SoxGirl4Life
04-22-2008, 06:03 PM
Too much drama there! Let's obliterate them the entire series if it were to happen! I'd want blowouts in our favor each game.

Yeah. My heart wouldn't be able to take that.

However, lets focus on the season before we start setting up "Ultimate Cub Heartache".

MarySwiss
04-22-2008, 06:20 PM
IMO, the year the Cubs make it to the World Series is the year they should contract the entire National League.

geraldfritz
04-22-2008, 07:00 PM
IMO, the year the Cubs make it to the World Series is the year they should contract the entire National League.

I concur

Railsplitter
04-22-2008, 08:10 PM
We'll have to bring in U.N. Peacekeepers- thy're the onlt ones who won't favor either side.

Soxman219
04-23-2008, 05:17 PM
I DON'T WANT AN ALL-CHICAGO SERIES!
It's too risky and if the Cubs win, I would never live it down. If we ever had one, WE BETTER WIN! Can you imagine if the Cubs beat the Sox in the World Series. It would be Cubs all-day everyday, Cubs fans will never stop bragging about it no matter how many World Series we won. If the Sox win, we would have the ultimate trump card over Cub fans for life, but the hate for us will grow even more. Does anyone remember the article back in Nov 2005 where a 86-year old Cub fan died a week after the Sox won the WS. Her granddaughter said, "The White Sox killed my grandma." We would get that times 10!

So in conclusion, even though it would be great for the Sox to beat the Cubs in the Series, I hope it never happens. It's just too much drama for me.

bryPt
04-23-2008, 05:28 PM
my heart would not be able to take it. period. It is really that simple. That last inning in 2005 probably took 5 years off the tickers life. If it came down to that again and it was against the cub, forget about it:

^------^------^---^--^-^-^^^^^^^^^------------------------------------------------