PDA

View Full Version : "Not that there is anything wrong with that...."

Pear-Zin-Ski
04-21-2008, 05:26 PM
Ok gents (and ladies) I've watched quite a few games with my girlfriend this year so far and Im noticing that my girlfriend finds like half of the team to be extremely attractive...namely Crede and Quentin....

Anyone else think that our team is pretty darn hot? (pun intended/not intended...whatever you wish....)

Scottzilla
04-21-2008, 05:33 PM
LOL this could be the shortest thread ever.
The team got younger so that might help?
Thought Garland and Pods were the big favorites with the ladies and some of us gentleman.
Maybe spring is just in the air. I think the first taste of 70 degrees makes everyone look hotter..

kninchicago
04-21-2008, 05:35 PM
Quentin, Vasquez.

Buehrle too, I think he's cute but most people don't. He has nice eyes.

Pear-Zin-Ski
04-21-2008, 05:36 PM
I really think Swisher added a lot to the team's look...I think his personality would make him an instant hit with the chicks....

chisoxfanatic
04-21-2008, 05:37 PM
Paul Konerko's the hottest guy we've had since Robin Ventura. I even think he's hotter than Scotty Pods, although I'll be in the vast minority here.

doublem23
04-21-2008, 05:38 PM
Paul Konerko's the hottest guy we've had since Robin Ventura. I even think he's hotter than Scotty Pods, although I'll be in the vast minority here.

Somewhere in the world, Carlos Lee is sitting in a corner and crying.

:tongue:

ksimpson14
04-21-2008, 05:39 PM
That little shimmy Swisher does drives all the woman in Cleveland wild

chisoxfanatic
04-21-2008, 05:41 PM
Somewhere in the world, Carlos Lee is sitting in a corner and crying.

I don't think think I have my "Marry Me El Caballo" sign that I brought to a game anymore. :tongue:

hi im skot
04-21-2008, 05:43 PM
The White Sox have some handsome men on their squad.

ksimpson14
04-21-2008, 05:45 PM
Chris Rongey, stud

FedEx227
04-21-2008, 05:49 PM
Quentin, Vasquez.

One of these days... one of these days...

Elephant
04-21-2008, 05:51 PM
I've always been partial to Bonerko's generous, proud buttocks.

kninchicago
04-21-2008, 05:53 PM
One of these days... one of these days...

Don't tell kittle!! :busted:

Paulie is balding to the point where he's surpassed fivehead and moving onto sixhead....I can't support that.

Elephant
04-21-2008, 05:58 PM
All this talk about sexy players? We have all we need right in the broadcast booth..

kninchicago
04-21-2008, 06:01 PM
Well, there goes my ability to listen to a sox game on 670 :D:

I'm embarassed for him.

kaufsox
04-21-2008, 06:23 PM
We have some fine looking lads! CQ's hair is magnificent. Easily could be a shampoo model

Frater Perdurabo
04-21-2008, 06:24 PM
Herm Schneider

Pear-Zin-Ski
04-21-2008, 06:45 PM
We have some fine looking lads! CQ's hair is magnificent. Easily could be a shampoo model

Ladies love men with great hair and CQ is definately up there....

Over By There
04-21-2008, 06:50 PM
(waiting for bafiarocks to weigh in)

Ava83
04-21-2008, 06:53 PM
It is totally possible for a girl to enjoy baseball on a couple of different levels...for the general love of the sport, and the fact that some of the guys happen to be attractive.

I have a thing for Carlos Quentin...Crede is pretty cute.

Pear-Zin-Ski
04-21-2008, 06:55 PM
It is totally possible for a girl to enjoy baseball on a couple of different levels...for the general love of the sport, and the fact that some of the guys happen to be attractive.

I have a thing for Carlos Quentin...Crede is pretty cute.

Its not just a game that guys enjoy...I know my girlfriend really enjoys watching a ballgame...shes definately not watching the game just to see Crede...or at least I hope not!

Dan Mega
04-21-2008, 06:55 PM
Don Cooper

Ava83
04-21-2008, 07:01 PM
Its not just a game that guys enjoy...I know my girlfriend really enjoys watching a ballgame...shes definately not watching the game just to see Crede...or at least I hope not!

Very true and I did not mean to imply that only guys enjoy the game.

ChiTownTrojan
04-21-2008, 07:05 PM
That little shimmy Swisher does drives all the woman in Cleveland wild
:cheers:

Gotta love random lines from Major League.

turners56
04-21-2008, 07:06 PM
Herm Schneider

He totally looks like Azamat from Borat.

WikdChiSoxFan
04-21-2008, 07:07 PM
this is the best thread since "Is this the Best Rotation ever?" !!!

Dan Mega
04-21-2008, 07:07 PM
Very true and I did not mean to imply that only guys enjoy the game.

My current girlfriend went to her first Sox game with me a few weekends back and she mentioned TCQ and Crede on a few occasions. I was all :whiner:

chisoxfanatic
04-21-2008, 07:10 PM
(waiting for bafiarocks to weigh in)
But, Willie Harris is no longer on the team! :wink:
My current girlfriend went to her first Sox game with me a few weekends back and she mentioned TCQ and Crede on a few occasions. I was all :whiner:

Has she displayed at least a desire to learn the game? If so, that's cool!

cheezheadsoxfan
04-21-2008, 07:12 PM
Crede has been the hunk for a while (judging by all the Crede jerseys I see on young women, my 18 daughter included) but I think he'll get some competition from TCQ. I think Ozzie looks good with the glasses.:tongue:

turners56
04-21-2008, 07:14 PM
Crede has been the hunk for a while (judging by all the Crede jerseys I see on young women, my 18 daughter included) but I think he'll get some competition from TCQ. I think Ozzie looks good with the glasses.:tongue:

I don't know why women find Crede attractive, I've always found him to be over-rated by women (especially after his heroics in the 05 post season), in my terms, he's pretty close to fugly.

kninchicago
04-21-2008, 07:24 PM
I don't know why women find Crede attractive, I've always found him to be over-rated by women (especially after his heroics in the 05 post season), in my terms, he's pretty close to fugly.

I see nada in him. He's got the flippy hair that sticks out from under the cap, chicks dig that.

JGarlandrules20
04-21-2008, 07:24 PM
I know he's not on the team at the moment but Jerry Owens is gorgeous. :smile:

I kind of have a crush on Gavin Floyd too... but maybe that's just because he's doing so well....

MarySwiss
04-21-2008, 07:40 PM
Paulie, AJ, Crede, Big Jim. Attractive all. I base it on seeing them in ST the past few years.

Of course, my definition of "attractive" isn't based solely on the "nice ass" scale. They are four guys who just enjoy the game and are--at least at ST--very down-to-earth and fun.

Thome_Fan
04-21-2008, 07:43 PM
:hawk
"I just love the ladies, Feisty."

Ava83
04-21-2008, 07:50 PM

Did she enjoy the game outside of that? If not work on you bat flip...like TCQ (why is there no smile with hearts all over the place I can use? when I type TCQ?)

BoysMom3
04-21-2008, 07:55 PM
Well BA has been my boyfriend for a while. If I'm away from the t.v. when he's up to bat, someone will yell - Mom! Your boyfriend's up! I hate his haircut though. Bring back the long curls!

I think Crede is kinda cute, but he's too short. Of course I love the way his hair flips out from his hat. I do think TCQ is really cute. I usually like really blonde guys, but he's got the shaggy hair going for him and a cute smile.

Um, and I did notice a new contender for a BM3 boyfriend during one of our recent series - Travis Buck. Right fielder for the A's. Very hot. Great hair.

I think JD is good-looking too.

Swisher - not so much. I love his personality though, and it makes him cuter.

Ava83
04-21-2008, 07:56 PM
Oh and I forgot to mention Chicks dig the long ball.

BoysMom3
04-21-2008, 07:58 PM
A follow-up with comments from my family. ThomeFan directed me to this thread. He just said - what are you doing on the computer Mom? My dh - probably putting in a bunch of votes for BA. Hahaha.

turners56
04-21-2008, 07:59 PM
Oh and I forgot to mention Chicks dig the long ball.

I get a lot of love from that in (get this)...gym class. xD. Softball can't get any easier.

Pear-Zin-Ski
04-21-2008, 08:04 PM
I know he's not on the team at the moment but Jerry Owens is gorgeous. :smile:

I kind of have a crush on Gavin Floyd too... but maybe that's just because he's doing so well....

I think Gavin has a little mystique to him...a young guy too...that works in his favor....

Pear-Zin-Ski
04-21-2008, 08:12 PM
:hawk
"I just love the ladies, Feisty."

...and I forgot to mention this made my day....

Thome_Fan
04-21-2008, 08:17 PM
...and I forgot to mention this made my day....

Ranger
04-21-2008, 08:26 PM
Chris Rongey, stud

My facial hair is way better than Swisher's.

soxfan21
04-21-2008, 08:38 PM
My girl's gotta thing for Danks. Especially this year with the scruff that he has grown out.

Pear-Zin-Ski
04-21-2008, 08:41 PM
My girl's gotta thing for Danks. Especially this year with the scruff that he has grown out.

He has the prefect scruff...I wish I could grow that....

manders_01
04-21-2008, 08:43 PM
Really? We're going there? Alrighty - based on looks alone as ability on the field would change this list...

Hot: Danks, Floyd, Masset, Thornton, Javy (with facial hair / short beard look), Joe Joe, Paulie(with a hat on :tongue:), Swish, Big Jim, Ozzie

Not hot, but still nice to look at: MB (with facial hair / short beard), AJ, Pablo, JD, TCQ (with a little less hair)

What can I say - I enjoy me a man in uniform. :D:

manders_01
04-21-2008, 08:44 PM
I really wanna hear from the men - who do you guys have man crushes on? :tongue:

manders_01
04-21-2008, 08:46 PM
Well BA has been my boyfriend for a while. If I'm away from the t.v. when he's up to bat, someone will yell - Mom! Your boyfriend's up! I hate his haircut though. Bring back the long curls!

I think Crede is kinda cute, but he's too short. Of course I love the way his hair flips out from his hat. I do think TCQ is really cute. I usually like really blonde guys, but he's got the shaggy hair going for him and a cute smile.

Um, and I did notice a new contender for a BM3 boyfriend during one of our recent series - Travis Buck. Right fielder for the A's. Very hot. Great hair.

LOL I have few "boyfriends" that play professional sports. :tongue:

It's Dankerific
04-21-2008, 08:46 PM
I really wanna hear from the men - who do you guys have man crushes on? :tongue:

Whoever hit the last game winning RBI or pitched the last shutout. =)

Ava83
04-21-2008, 08:52 PM
Whoever hit the last game winning RBI or pitched the last shutout. =)

You're kinda easy.:rolleyes:

everafan
04-21-2008, 08:55 PM
OK, girls - I have to disagree on CQ's hair. He needs to get rid of the mullet, then we'll talk. The team took a hit getting rid of Pods, Garland and Owens (now that he's in AAA). BUT Konerko, Crede (this year he looks better but he doesn't seem too bright - I guess that's cool), Brian Anderson (now that he has that clean cut thing going), and Javy make up for it. But above all of them, I have a thing for big Jim.

Oh - how could I forget - KW is hot!

Thome_Fan
04-21-2008, 08:58 PM

Jim Thome. Nick Swisher. And of course, the Oz. Maybe even Hawk a bit lol.

chisoxfanatic
04-21-2008, 09:07 PM
LOL I have few "boyfriends" that play professional sports. :tongue:

I do too! Brent Seabrook, Patrick Sharp, James Wisniewski, Adam Burish, Paul Konerko, Brian Urlacher, Joe Crede, Mark Buehrle! :wink:

WizardsofOzzie
04-21-2008, 09:08 PM
Haha, I just told my girlfriend the other day I have a man crush on Swish :D:

manders_01
04-21-2008, 09:12 PM
I do too! Brent Seabrook, Patrick Sharp, James Wisniewski, Adam Burish, Paul Konerko, Brian Urlacher, Joe Crede, Mark Buehrle! :wink:

Girl - I know you ain't tryin to steal my man! :bitchslap: :D:

Zach Thomas, Garrett Atkins and Peter Forsberg :bateyes:

MarySwiss
04-21-2008, 09:16 PM
Wimmin! Please get real! If they play for the Sox, they rule!

HomeFish
04-21-2008, 09:22 PM
Swish: Chicks Dig the On-Base Percentage.

chisoxfanatic
04-21-2008, 09:28 PM
Swish: Chicks Dig the On-Base Percentage.

I dig da TROT!

:walnuts

"I don't run...I trot!"

whitesoxwilkes
04-21-2008, 09:29 PM
Mrs. Wilkes is a huge Carlos Quentin fan.

She also loves AJ, a crush dating back to his days as a Twinkie.

chisoxfanatic
04-21-2008, 09:30 PM
Girl - I know you ain't tryin to steal my man! :bitchslap: :D:

You need not worry! My first choices are Sharp, Wiz, Seabs, and Konerko. :cool:

chisoxfanatic
04-21-2008, 09:31 PM
She also loves AJ, a crush dating back to his days as a Twinkie.

She used to be a Twins fan, eh? How did she change ships? Was it moving to Chicago? Your influence?

whitesoxwilkes
04-21-2008, 09:50 PM
She used to be a Twins fan, eh? How did she change ships? Was it moving to Chicago? Your influence?\

Few can resist the hypnotic power of Wilkes Almighty.

ChiSoxGirl
04-21-2008, 10:05 PM
Anyone who's known me for all of four minutes knows who my boyfriend is. :wink: Unfortunately for me, Scott Podsednik- He Gone! :whiner: When I saw soxstarter on Opening Day, she asked if I've found a new guy on the team to fill the void, but alas, the void still exists. :tongue:

As for the guys left on the team, Swisher, Buehrle, and Crede are totally cute, and A.J. had that bad ass thing going on, which makes him really attractive. Owens has a nice smile....:shrug:

WizardsofOzzie
04-21-2008, 10:06 PM
Anyone who's known me for all of four minutes knows who my boyfriend is. :wink: Unfortunately for me, Scott Podsednik- He Gone! :whiner: When I saw soxstarter on Opening Day, she asked if I've found a new guy on the team to fill the void, but alas, the void still exists. :tongue:

As for the guys left on the team, Swisher, Buehrle, and Crede are totally cute, and A.J. had that bad ass thing going on, which makes him really attractive. Owens has a nice smile....:shrug:
:contreras:

"I'm way sexier than Pods"

:redneck

ChiSoxGirl
04-21-2008, 10:08 PM

:rolling: OMG!!!! This is the funniest thing I've seen today!

turners56
04-21-2008, 10:11 PM

Is it just me, or does Contreras kind of look like Felix Pie?

http://chicago.cubs.mlb.com/images/players/mugshot/ph_429712.jpg

Eh, subtract the years and Jose would probably be close.

angiew
04-21-2008, 10:16 PM
Our team is definately hot! I've had a "thing" for Joe for a few years now (I like his hair longer than it is now though). CQ is cute a he can be, AJ is a doll, Paulie is handsome, though not cute. I liked Danks better with the long hair he had when he first joined the team. Owens is adorable, and Jim reminds me of my husband. Even Swisher is starting to grow on me:D: Of course, as well as they've been playing this year, they all look like greek gods to me right now!:cool:

Domeshot17
04-21-2008, 10:26 PM
My fiance was in love with Scotty Pods, and was crushed when we let him go. However, after Soxfest, she decided Quentin would fill in just fine.

ChiSoxGirl
04-21-2008, 10:28 PM
My fiance was in love with Scotty Pods, and was crushed when we let him go. However, after Soxfest, she decided Quentin would fill in just fine.

See, and I haven't found anyone to fill the void... even after being at SoxFest. :scratch:

NADA SURF
04-21-2008, 10:28 PM
I thought for sure all the ladies would go for Contreras. He looks pretty good for a 55-year-old man.

Soxfanspcu11
04-21-2008, 10:42 PM
OK, girls - I have to disagree on CQ's hair. He needs to get rid of the mullet, then we'll talk.

Ugh. This needs clairification yet again??? Sigh. Oh well.

Here goes, (yet again) simply having long hair is NOT a Mullet!

A Mullet is pretty simple. All "buisness" on the top and sides and a freakin PAR-TAA in the back!

Granted, with a hat or helmet on, one may not know if a Mullet is lurking.
However, I have seen TCQ without a hat or helmet and he doesn't have a Mullet, just long hair.

LongLiveFisk
04-21-2008, 10:42 PM

Yeah, Scotty Pods was my favorite. :bateyes:

Some of the others I would say are "kinda" cute, like Crede, Paulie, and AJ. Here's the trick though: you have to try to figure out if they weren't Sox players and were just ordinary guys walking down the street, would you give them a second glance? I would say yes for Scotty Pods but maybe not for the other guys.

God, am I a snob or what? :tongue:

BoysMom3
04-21-2008, 10:46 PM
Everafan, we're on opposite sides with the hair. I love longer hair. Last year at spring training when my husband spotted BA and said - there's your boyfriend, I about had a heart attack when I saw how short his hair was. This year is even worse! Those long curls kill me! TCQ better not cut that hair! (and I agree with soxfanscpu - it's not a mullet.)

Manders, most of my boyfriends are musicians not ballplayers. But I'll weigh in on the Pods thing too - I thought he was really hot too. I loved it when they would have a night game and he had the 5:00 shadow going for him. Of course I preferred his hair longer. ~le sigh~

Brian26
04-21-2008, 10:48 PM
:popcorn:

BoysMom3
04-21-2008, 10:49 PM
LOL @ Brian26! I don't know why but that popcorn smiley kills me!

ChiSoxGirl
04-21-2008, 10:56 PM
Everafan, we're on opposite sides with the hair. I love longer hair. Last year at spring training when my husband spotted BA and said - there's your boyfriend, I about had a heart attack when I saw how short his hair was. This year is even worse! Those long curls kill me! TCQ better not cut that hair! (and I agree with soxfanscpu - it's not a mullet.)

Manders, most of my boyfriends are musicians not ballplayers. But I'll weigh in on the Pods thing too - I thought he was really hot too. I loved it when they would have a night game and he had the 5:00 shadow going for him. Of course I preferred his hair longer. ~le sigh~

OMG, please stop. :wink:

And yeah, the shaved head did nothing for me.

EDIT: This (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/../gallery/showphoto.php?photo=1744&ppuser=4350) speaks for itself. I took this last June in Tampa.

manders_01
04-21-2008, 10:56 PM

Yeah, Scotty Pods was my favorite. :bateyes:

Some of the others I would say are "kinda" cute, like Crede, Paulie, and AJ. Here's the trick though: you have to try to figure out if they weren't Sox players and were just ordinary guys walking down the street, would you give them a second glance? I would say yes for Scotty Pods but maybe not for the other guys.

God, am I a snob or what? :tongue:

I believe I might be the luckiest gal on this board. Thank you Rox for pickin up Scotty P! :D:

I think he's totally dreamy. But I'm with you BM3, I like the loger hair rather than this buzz cut he's been sportin. And FWIW, Pods has 2 stolen bases tonight! :tongue:

Jerko
04-21-2008, 10:59 PM
Damn I can't find it now, but I know there was a picture of a handsome, starry-eyed, nature loving Tad Iguchi linked here when we first signed him.

BoysMom3
04-21-2008, 11:00 PM
Oh, I didn't even know Pods was sporting a shaved head!!! NOOOOOO!!! I meant I liked it best when it got a bit shaggy, right before a haircut. But yes CSG - that little bit of stubble. Thud.

grv1974
04-21-2008, 11:03 PM

He's 6'2". :wink:

BoysMom3
04-21-2008, 11:09 PM
Crede is 6'2"?!!! Really?!!! It must just be something about his body then that makes him look short. CSG - yes! Your pic says it all! It says yes to the stubble, and it says noooo to the hair! His hair looks cute though in the pic where his back is to the camera by the fence.

chisoxfanatic
04-21-2008, 11:10 PM

C'mon, WizardsofOzzie! Give the 80-year-old some credit. I've had a ton of fantasies concerning Jose Contreras!!!

kninchicago
04-21-2008, 11:14 PM
ChiSoxGirl, it's the profile body shot of Pods that's just to the right of the pic that you linked to that finally made me realize what's hot about Pods :redface:

grv1974
04-21-2008, 11:15 PM
Ugh. This needs clairification yet again??? Sigh. Oh well.

Here goes, (yet again) simply having long hair is NOT a Mullet!

A Mullet is pretty simple. All "buisness" on the top and sides and a freakin PAR-TAA in the back!

Granted, with a hat or helmet on, one may not know if a Mullet is lurking.
However, I have seen TCQ without a hat or helmet and he doesn't have a Mullet, just long hair.

Yeah, Quentin's hair is more 1985-ish but not a mullet.

chisoxfanatic
04-21-2008, 11:16 PM
FWIW, has anyone seriously spent some time staring at Paulie? He fits that uniform better than anyone else! Smokin'!

LongLiveFisk
04-21-2008, 11:18 PM
Crede is 6'2"?!!! Really?!!! It must just be something about his body then that makes him look short. CSG - yes! Your pic says it all! It says yes to the stubble, and it says noooo to the hair! His hair looks cute though in the pic where his back is to the camera by the fence.

I stood next to him, so yes he's tall. Of course I'm only 5'4" so they all seem tall to me.

(I recall sizing up pretty well with Craig Grebeck back in the early 90s though. :tongue:)

manders_01
04-21-2008, 11:18 PM
:threadrules:

Bout time we talk about the most relevant part of baseball! :tongue:

ChiSoxGirl
04-21-2008, 11:20 PM
ChiSoxGirl, it's the profile body shot of Pods that's just to the right of the pic that you linked to that finally made me realize what's hot about Pods :redface:

And people knock seeing the Sox in Tampa...! Had I not gone on that roadtrip, where like 10,000 people go to the ballpark, there's no way I would've gotten the pictures I did. In fact, I took those shots just after he came right up to me and signed the S.I. with him on the cover in the World Series. :redface:

BoysMom3
04-21-2008, 11:25 PM
Nice work CSG, nice work. Manders - this thread does rule!

I forgot I actually have two boyfriends that are models too - Travis Fimmel and Gabriel Aubry. Not to get off topic, but they are gorgeous!

Soxfanspcu11
04-21-2008, 11:27 PM
Oh, I didn't even know Pods was sporting a shaved head!!! NOOOOOO!!! I meant I liked it best when it got a bit shaggy, right before a haircut. But yes CSG - that little bit of stubble. Thud.

Now don't freak out Pods lovers, but there is a very good chance that a bald Pods will be a forever type thing.

The reason for this is because he is going bald. A good friend of mine is a hair stylist in the city and he was the one who pointed it out to Me.

He says that when he first sees a person, the only thing that he sees is the hair. Prior to a game in 2006, Pods was taking outfield practice in left field and he took his hat off for a split second in order to wipe sweat away and that is when My friend noticed it.

Once he pointed it out, I started noticing as well. He's got a fairly large bald spot at the back of his head that seemed to get larger every day.

I don't know if the balding has become so bad that he just decided to hack it all off or what but the fact remains the same. I do truly apologize to all the Pods lovers.

BoysMom3
04-21-2008, 11:30 PM
Soxfanspcu!! Say it isn't so!!!! I'm sorry to hear that!!

Dan Mega
04-21-2008, 11:35 PM
I've had a ton of fantasies concerning Jose Contreras!!!

:happybday

grv1974
04-21-2008, 11:39 PM
Now don't freak out Pods lovers, but there is a very good chance that a bald Pods will be a forever type thing.

The reason for this is because he is going bald. A good friend of mine is a hair stylist in the city and he was the one who pointed it out to Me.

He says that when he first sees a person, the only thing that he sees is the hair. Prior to a game in 2006, Pods was taking outfield practice in left field and he took his hat off for a split second in order to wipe sweat away and that is when My friend noticed it.

Once he pointed it out, I started noticing as well. He's got a fairly large bald spot at the back of his head that seemed to get larger every day.

I don't know if the balding has become so bad that he just decided to hack it all off or what but the fact remains the same. I do truly apologize to all the Pods lovers.

Why do guys do this? They don't want to look partially bald, so they make themselves COMPLETELY bald. I'm balding, and I don't shave my head. (and no, I don't do the comb-over thing.)

soxstarter
04-21-2008, 11:39 PM
Well, I just wanna say that I am so thankful that DumpJer got the seats that he did this year. I met his season ticket rep. and said a hearty thank you!
(They are fifth row just past 1st base)....I am sooooo enjoying the view.

Hopefully Bob won't see this post and I will get to continue going to games with him.:crossfingers:

Once we get past some of these beards, I think CSG will soon be able to fill this void. (all due respect to Pods).:superman:

chisoxfanatic
04-21-2008, 11:43 PM
Once we get past some of these beards, I think CSG will soon be able to fill this void. (all due respect to Pods).:superman:

Robin, we'll have to get Jen on the Konerko bandwagon! :cool:

Rockman218
04-21-2008, 11:43 PM
Quentin, Vasquez.

I second that. He does have nice eyes.

Jerome
04-22-2008, 12:02 AM
I remember that 'Konerko Gives Me a Bonerko' sign

DumpJerry
04-22-2008, 12:07 AM
Well, I just wanna say that I am so thankful that DumpJer got the seats that he did this year. I met his season ticket rep. and said a hearty thank you!
(They are fifth row just past 1st base)....I am sooooo enjoying the view.

Hopefully Bob won't see this post and I will get to continue going to games with him.:crossfingers:

I'll make sure he does not see this one......

hi im skot
04-22-2008, 12:15 AM
Mark Buehrle is a handsome, handsome man.

I'll put in another vote for the Ranger, too.

Pear-Zin-Ski
04-22-2008, 12:43 AM
Well at least I know how many females we have on the board....

SoxandtheCityTee
04-22-2008, 01:05 AM

And newly single.

BadBobbyJenks
04-22-2008, 01:33 AM
Chevy Pride Crew!

Ava83
04-22-2008, 08:52 AM
All of you came out to chat hotties last night after I logged off...:whiner:I love talking hot ballplayers. Oh I have a quick Pod's story. I saw him a couple years ago at Pompeii in Oak Brook. I just sat there looking (street clothes throw me a bit) going hmmm cute. Then I looked again went HOLY *%^! when it hit me. Then I :redface:.

We should just go down the roster and play Hot or Not....just cause we can.

SouthPaw72
04-22-2008, 08:59 AM
Yes, I would definately have to say the White Sox have alot of good looking players compared to other teams. AJ, Crede, Quentin even Thome I think is a nice looking man. Weeeee Doggies...haha!:D:

MsSoxVixen22
04-22-2008, 09:11 AM
The Sox definately have a good looking team! I always thought Buehrle was cute, along w/Crede, AJ, Quentin, Swisher, Vazquez and Danks. Oh and I agree w/whoever said Rongey too! Having a team of hot guys only contributes to my love of baseball that much more! :cool:

BoysMom3
04-22-2008, 09:20 AM
I agree that a lot of the players that I don't really consider to be hot are still good-looking - AJ, Konerko, Thome, Swisher, Buerhle. No love here for JD? I think he's cute.

Another boyfriend/athlete - Becks. When his hair is long only.

BridgePortNative
04-22-2008, 09:21 AM
how can anyone forget Man Soo Lee!?!:leer:

kraut83
04-22-2008, 09:26 AM
Peter Forsberg :bateyes:

http://re3.yt-thm-a02.yimg.com/image/25/m5/3166113826 (http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0WTb_ut5g1If2sB_CqJzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTBpaWhqZmN tBHBvcwMzBHNlYwNzcgR2dGlkAw--/SIG=1gbbs3894/EXP=1208956973/**http%3A//images.search.yahoo.com/images/view%3Fback=http%253A%252F%252Fimages.search.yahoo .com%252Fsearch%252Fimages%253F_adv_prop%253Dimage %2526fr%253Dyfp-t-501%2526va%253Dpeter%252Bforsberg%2526sz%253Dall%2 6w=290%26h=180%26imgurl=svt.se%252Fcontent%252F1%2 52Fc6%252F40%252F67%252F48%252Fforsberg.jpg%26rurl =http%253A%252F%252Fsvt.se%252Fsvt%252Fjsp%252FCro sslink.jsp%253Fd%253D33600%2526amp%253Ba%253D40674 8%26size=14.5kB%26name=forsberg.jpg%26p=peter%20fo rsberg%26type=JPG%26oid=b64739b1fd81a5cc%26no=3&tt=7751) http://re3.yt-thm-a04.yimg.com/image/25/m4/2875559758 (http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0WTeffd5g1IntsAbXOJzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTBqZDFlYmx zBHBvcwMxNgRzZWMDc3IEdnRpZAM-/SIG=1hrl0kb8n/EXP=1208957021/**http%3A//images.search.yahoo.com/images/view%3Fback=http%253A%252F%252Fimages.search.yahoo .com%252Fsearch%252Fimages%253Fp%253Dchewbacca%252 Bpictures%2526y%253DSearch%2526fr%253Dyfp-t-501%2526ei%253Dutf-8%2526js%253D1%2526x%253Dwrt%26w=409%26h=322%26img url=www.saynotocrack.com%252Fwp-content%252Fuploads%252F2007%252F02%252Fchewbacca_ pitch_red_sox.jpg%26rurl=http%253A%252F%252Fwww.sa ynotocrack.com%252Findex.php%252Fcategory%252Fpict ures%26size=21kB%26name=chewbacca_pitch_red_sox.jp g%26p=chewbacca%20pictures%26type=JPG%26oid=ac1d76 373ebd2126%26no=16&tt=256)

I've always thought Peter Forsberg kinda looks like Chewbacca!

BTW, thanks to the ladies of WSI for an entertaining thread to start the morning! :)

white sox bill
04-22-2008, 09:38 AM
I doubt anyone will be able to beat Officer Karkovice in his hayday!:smile:

manders_01
04-22-2008, 10:16 AM
I agree that a lot of the players that I don't really consider to be hot are still good-looking - AJ, Konerko, Thome, Swisher, Buerhle. No love here for JD? I think he's cute.

Another boyfriend/athlete - Becks. When his hair is long only.

I noted JD. I love that scar on his cheek.

http://re3.yt-thm-a02.yimg.com/image/25/m5/3166113826 (http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0WTb_ut5g1If2sB_CqJzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTBpaWhqZmN tBHBvcwMzBHNlYwNzcgR2dGlkAw--/SIG=1gbbs3894/EXP=1208956973/**http%3A//images.search.yahoo.com/images/view%3Fback=http%253A%252F%252Fimages.search.yahoo .com%252Fsearch%252Fimages%253F_adv_prop%253Dimage %2526fr%253Dyfp-t-501%2526va%253Dpeter%252Bforsberg%2526sz%253Dall%2 6w=290%26h=180%26imgurl=svt.se%252Fcontent%252F1%2 52Fc6%252F40%252F67%252F48%252Fforsberg.jpg%26rurl =http%253A%252F%252Fsvt.se%252Fsvt%252Fjsp%252FCro sslink.jsp%253Fd%253D33600%2526amp%253Ba%253D40674 8%26size=14.5kB%26name=forsberg.jpg%26p=peter%20fo rsberg%26type=JPG%26oid=b64739b1fd81a5cc%26no=3&tt=7751) http://re3.yt-thm-a04.yimg.com/image/25/m4/2875559758 (http://rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0WTeffd5g1IntsAbXOJzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTBqZDFlYmx zBHBvcwMxNgRzZWMDc3IEdnRpZAM-/SIG=1hrl0kb8n/EXP=1208957021/**http%3A//images.search.yahoo.com/images/view%3Fback=http%253A%252F%252Fimages.search.yahoo .com%252Fsearch%252Fimages%253Fp%253Dchewbacca%252 Bpictures%2526y%253DSearch%2526fr%253Dyfp-t-501%2526ei%253Dutf-8%2526js%253D1%2526x%253Dwrt%26w=409%26h=322%26img url=www.saynotocrack.com%252Fwp-content%252Fuploads%252F2007%252F02%252Fchewbacca_ pitch_red_sox.jpg%26rurl=http%253A%252F%252Fwww.sa ynotocrack.com%252Findex.php%252Fcategory%252Fpict ures%26size=21kB%26name=chewbacca_pitch_red_sox.jp g%26p=chewbacca%20pictures%26type=JPG%26oid=ac1d76 373ebd2126%26no=16&tt=256)

I've always thought Peter Forsberg kinda looks like Chewbacca!

BTW, thanks to the ladies of WSI for an entertaining thread to start the morning! :)

It's his eyes. They're mesmerizing.

Iwritecode
04-22-2008, 10:28 AM
I had the following conversation with my wife the other day:

"There's Swisher. He's one of the new guys they got in the off-season."

"No I don't like him either. They need to get more hot guys on the team."

"Well, they have to be able to play too."

"No they don't!"

You can see the main reason she goes to the games with me... :cool:

soltrain21
04-22-2008, 10:55 AM
Chevy Pride Crew!

A girl I worked with at Fox was on the Chevy Pride Crew. I think she worked for them full time - she was always excited. All the time.

hi im skot
04-22-2008, 11:05 AM
A girl I worked with at Fox was on the Chevy Pride Crew. I think she worked for them full time - she was always excited. All the time.

Did she have an extremely grating voice?

soltrain21
04-22-2008, 11:09 AM
Did she have an extremely grating voice?

No, her voice wasn't bad - but nobody should be excited to be working at four in the morning on a crappy news broadcast.

BoysMom3
04-22-2008, 12:41 PM
Manders, I like JD's scar too. You can see the scar on his MLB character on PSP.

Iwritecode - that was hilarious! But no, they do need to play well too. Both is nice, but I'll take good players first.

hi im skot
04-22-2008, 01:13 PM
No, her voice wasn't bad - but nobody should be excited to be working at four in the morning on a crappy news broadcast.

I worked similar shifts at a tv station, and I totally agree...

ChiSoxGirl
04-22-2008, 10:04 PM
Nice work CSG, nice work. Manders - this thread does rule!

Now I have to share my personal Podsednik encounter, which happened in 2006 when I went to Pittsburgh and stayed at the team hotel (the Westin).

I was at the computer on the second floor printing out my boarding pass for my flight back to Chicago and Allen Thomas was at the computer behind me- no biggie. I happen to turn around from my computer and who comes walking toward me? Scott Podsednik... asking if I knew where the restroom was. Looking around and hoping to come up with an answer for him, I came up empty. However, a hotel employee asked me what he was looking for, so I told her. She relayed the location of the restroom to me, so I called out Scott's name and pointed him in the right direction. I had my camera in my bag and wanted a picture of him & I, but knew that wasn't the right time.

As for Podsednik up close and in person, there are just no words. :wink: :redface: He was dressed in street clothes- jeans and a fitted t-shirt- and I'm still amazed that I was even able to string together a complete sentence in front of him. Mercy...!

snaaapangela
04-22-2008, 10:10 PM
My boyfriend makes me sound like a douche. =[
But, the Sox are soooooo hot!

Ok gents (and ladies) I've watched quite a few games with my girlfriend this year so far and Im noticing that my girlfriend finds like half of the team to be extremely attractive...namely Crede and Quentin....

Anyone else think that our team is pretty darn hot? (pun intended/not intended...whatever you wish....)

LongLiveFisk
04-22-2008, 10:17 PM
I doubt anyone will be able to beat Officer Karkovice in his hayday!:smile:

Please tell me you're joking.

HomeFish
04-22-2008, 10:21 PM
No love here for JD? I think he's cute.

JD, Brian Anderson, and Carlos Quentin all strike me as the type of guy that I imagine women find attractive. But maybe I'm wrong on that, as only the last one has been mentioned here.

Only issue with JD is that he seems to have gained a bit of weight recently.

manders_01
04-22-2008, 10:41 PM
Now I have to share my personal Podsednik encounter, which happened in 2006 when I went to Pittsburgh and stayed at the team hotel (the Westin).

I was at the computer on the second floor printing out my boarding pass for my flight back to Chicago and Allen Thomas was at the computer behind me- no biggie. I happen to turn around from my computer and who comes walking toward me? Scott Podsednik... asking if I knew where the restroom was. Looking around and hoping to come up with an answer for him, I came up empty. However, a hotel employee asked me what he was looking for, so I told her. She relayed the location of the restroom to me, so I called out Scott's name and pointed him in the right direction. I had my camera in my bag and wanted a picture of him & I, but knew that wasn't the right time.

As for Podsednik up close and in person, there are just no words. :wink: :redface: He was dressed in street clothes- jeans and a fitted t-shirt- and I'm still amazed that I was even able to string together a complete sentence in front of him. Mercy...!

I'm sure most of us would feel about the same. I waiting to be eating dinner or out and about somewhere when we cross paths. I'm sure I will feel about yay small. :tongue:

My boyfriend makes me sound like a douche. =[
But, the Sox are soooooo hot!

If there weren't a ton of other women on this board praising the wonder that is the Sox hotness, you may have something to worry about. But seeing as how there are plenty of us going weak in the knees due to this discussion, you're good. :D:

JD, Brian Anderson, and Carlos Quentin all strike me as the type of guy that I imagine women find attractive. But maybe I'm wrong on that, as only the last one has been mentioned here.

Only issue with JD is that he seems to have gained a bit of weight recently.

JD was mentioned a few times. He's quite a looker. And I apparently need to pay a bit more attention the next time the Sox are on TV - I love me a man with some meat on him! :wink:

HomeFish
04-22-2008, 11:18 PM
See, I always thought JD was attractive because he had a very sleek build while still obviously being a very strong man.

BoysMom3
04-22-2008, 11:34 PM
And BA has been mentioned on several occassions as my boyfriend. I don't think JD looks like he's really gained weight.

mwc44
04-23-2008, 08:51 AM
Don't tell kittle!! :busted:

Paulie is balding to the point where he's surpassed fivehead and moving onto sixhead....I can't support that.

:scratch: :tsk:

Be nice... those of us who have "grown taller than their hair" have plenty of "supporters." :wink:

kninchicago
04-23-2008, 10:22 AM
:scratch: :tsk:

Be nice... those of us who have "grown taller than their hair" have plenty of "supporters." :wink:

Nothing personal, just different strokes for different folks is all. :wink: right back atcha.