PDA

View Full Version : Safari, Sagoodi

PhillipsBubba
04-21-2008, 05:05 PM
Can't complain about what we've seen thus far; in fact the young pitchers have been a revelation.

In spite of the happy talk I've heard regarding the OBP's of some of our heroes, I'm still concerned about the the low team BA.

Also, I'd feel a lot better about things if Kenny found a legit second baseman, but like they say, "Wish in one hand, **** in the other!"

Go Sox:smile:

Meixner007
04-21-2008, 06:58 PM
Can't complain about what we've seen thus far; in fact the young pitchers have been a revelation.

In spite of the happy talk I've heard regarding the OBP's of some of our heroes, I'm still concerned about the the low team BA.

Also, I'd feel a lot better about things if Kenny found a legit second baseman, but like they say, "Wish in one hand, **** in the other!"

Defensively, you're not going to get much better...

ChiTownTrojan
04-21-2008, 07:08 PM

The fact that we've scored so many runs without having a high BA just goes to show how much more important OBP is than BA. We haven't been stealing bases either. Never thought I'd say this, but maybe that "Moneyball" guy was on to something? :?:

Jurr
04-21-2008, 09:56 PM
The fact that we've scored so many runs without having a high BA just goes to show how much more important OBP is than BA. We haven't been stealing bases either. Never thought I'd say this, but maybe that "Moneyball" guy was on to something? :?:
Yeah, and the Red Sox have been using it, as well. It's just a perfect storm right now, and I hope it continues. Pitching is up, the offense is getting early leads despite actually having to manufacture much, and the bullpen's doing enough to win.

The approach this team is taking (not giving up at bats and milking pitchers' counts) has been working like a charm.

DumpJerry
04-21-2008, 11:34 PM
I'm still concerned about the the low team BA.
You are aware that the 2005 team had a team BA of .262? That Joe Borchard with 12 at bats had a .417 BA, El Duque with 3 at bats had a .333 BA and Cliff "Ted Williams" Politte had a 1.000 BA with a whopping one at bat? Everyone else on the squad was below .300.