PDA

View Full Version : Big Frank, Sox should sign him

ChiSoxlukes
04-21-2008, 12:45 PM
The Sox should sign Big Frank to DH against lefties and he serves as insurance should Thome get hurt. He would certainly be very cheap. I know it won't happen because of the relationship between he and Kenny, but what would you guys think?

Marqhead
04-21-2008, 12:47 PM
No.

CHIsoxNation
04-21-2008, 12:52 PM
He complained about his playing time in Toronto...having him split playing time with Thome will not make him happy. No way he comes back.

Hendu
04-21-2008, 12:54 PM
He complained about his playing time in Toronto...having him split playing time with Thome will not make him happy. No way he comes back.

Agreed. He's looking for a full-time job.

VeeckAsInWreck
04-21-2008, 12:57 PM
Why don't we sign Carlton Fisk to back up AJ at catcher while we're at it.

SoxGirl4Life
04-21-2008, 12:59 PM
Why don't we sign Carlton Fisk to back up AJ at catcher while we're at it.

Does that mean we release Toby Hall?

Mr.1Dog
04-21-2008, 01:00 PM

I hear Ron Karkovice is available also.

It's Dankerific

I think Fisk would have more to offer at this point. couldnt be much worse.

CHIsoxNation

No we'll trade Paulie and stick Toby at 1B and see if he can redeem himself.

VeeckAsInWreck
04-21-2008, 01:03 PM

Ron Karkovice throwing left handed would be an upgrade over Toby Hall's arm.

The question then would be if "The Carlos Quentin" would be willing to give Karko back #20.

Chez
04-21-2008, 01:06 PM
I seem to recall Frank and KW having some rather choice words about each other when Frank left. Even if we needed Frank (which we don't), it wouldn't happen.

Bucky F. Dent
04-21-2008, 01:10 PM
No.

ksimpson14
04-21-2008, 01:13 PM
If he would be able to take being a bench player it'd be a great fit, I don't think he would though

jdm2662
04-21-2008, 01:16 PM
Um, no...

Irishsox1
04-21-2008, 01:16 PM
How about we sign Ted Williams head and attach it to Frank Thomas' body? Oh, but the name on the back of the jersey would be a problem. Would it be Williams/Thomas or combine them into Willimas? Just make it happen Kenny!

thomas35forever
04-21-2008, 01:19 PM
As much as I'd love to have my favorite player back on the Sox, I don't see anywhere he'd fit. Why disrupt clubhouse chemistry? There's no way KW will even look at him. If there's anyone on the team we need back, it's Jerry Owens.

VeeckAsInWreck
04-21-2008, 01:20 PM
This franchise ain't big enough to hold KW and Big Hurt at the same time. Who can forget KW's quote about Frank.

:KW

"He's selfish. That's why we don't miss him. And we've held it in for far too long. And if you go out there and look long and hard enough, you'll find particulars. But I've got something to say directly to him. And I'm holding back as much as I can because, unlike him, I'll say it man-to-man, face-to-face."

thomas35forever
04-21-2008, 01:20 PM
This franchise ain't big enough to hold KW and Big Hurt at the same time. Who can forget KW's quote about Frank.

:KW

"He's selfish. That's why we don't miss him. And we've held it in for far too long. And if you go out there and look long and hard enough, you'll find particulars. But I've got something to say directly to him. And I'm holding back as much as I can because, unlike him, I'll say it man-to-man, face-to-face."
Don't forget "He better stay out of our business. He better stay out of White Sox business."

rdwj
04-21-2008, 01:21 PM
No.

No.

Um, no...

No!

VeeckAsInWreck
04-21-2008, 01:22 PM
How about we sign Ted Williams head and attach it to Frank Thomas' body? Oh, but the name on the back of the jersey would be a problem. Would it be Williams/Thomas or combine them into Willimas? Just make it happen Kenny!

He would be "The Splendid Hurt"

It's Dankerific
04-21-2008, 01:25 PM
As much as I'd love to have my favorite player back on the Sox, I don't see anywhere he'd fit. Why disrupt clubhouse chemistry? There's no way KW will even look at him. If there's anyone on the team we need back, it's Jerry Owens.

I dont know if I should : :rolling::rolling::rolling:

Or if I should : :puking::puking::puking:

ksimpson14
04-21-2008, 01:33 PM
I don't get why people are acting like this would be the most absurd move ever, hmm, a power bat off the bench that would most likely come cheap? He's not done, he's always had a slow April, and still made Red Sox pitching look like a joke for that series, he's still got it.

Likely, no, but I think it'd be a joke to reject this so strongly. Oh yeah, we need to the roster spot for another OF who probably shouldn't even be in the big leagues, my bad

ksimpson14
04-21-2008, 01:34 PM
KW comes off as the most jealous guy on earth in the way he's talked about/treated Frank. I would put money on Frank sleeping with his wife in the past

SoxGirl4Life
04-21-2008, 01:35 PM
I don't get why people are acting like this would be the most absurd move ever, hmm, a power bat off the bench that would most likely come cheap? He's not done, he's always had a slow April, and still made Red Sox pitching look like a joke for that series, he's still got it.

Likely, no, but I think it'd be a joke to reject this so strongly. Oh yeah, we need to the roster spot for another OF who probably shouldn't even be in the big leagues, my bad

Frank doesn't want to be an off-the-bench player. That's part of what his beef was with Toronto.

IlliniSox4Life
04-21-2008, 01:42 PM

It's absurd because there is no reason he would ever accept the role that we would need him to, and because it could/would disrupt the chemistry down the line. He left Toronto because of a lack of playing time. Here, at best, he would get 1/3 of the ABs of a starter. Even if nobody else is willing to give him the starting DH job and he accepts a backup roll here, in a month or so he is not going to be happy and he'll disrupt the clubhouse.

Zisk77
04-21-2008, 01:49 PM
Basically we could have Josh Fields do what it is proposed Frank could do for us, + Josh could actually play in the field and run.

soxpride724
I seem to recall Frank and KW having some rather choice words about each other when Frank left. Even if we needed Frank (which we don't), it wouldn't happen.

Agreed, it will take years before the orginization smoothes things over with him.

Rockabilly
I hope the Sox do sign Frank than, I hope he ends his playing career on the same day..

Rocky Soprano
04-21-2008, 01:56 PM
Sign Big Frank, Trade Thome for Rowand, and then EVERYONE will be happy.

eriqjaffe
04-21-2008, 01:56 PM
I've found myself wondering today if Thomas has it in him to be a hitting instructor.

SoxGirl4Life
04-21-2008, 01:58 PM
I've found myself wondering today if Thomas has it in him to be a hitting instructor.

I don't think he has the patience for that.

UofCSoxFan
04-21-2008, 02:00 PM
Let's also ignore that Thome is hitting .318 with 3 HR and 9 RBI against lefties this year. .171 agasint righties.

kaufsox
04-21-2008, 02:02 PM

no, I just don't see it. He doesn't strike me as a patient, teaching kind of guy.

soxfan13
04-21-2008, 02:08 PM

People are acting this way because it would be up there as one of the most absurd moves ever.

Nellie_Fox
04-21-2008, 02:08 PM
He would be "The Splendid Hurt"KW probably would think more along the lines of "The Big Splinter."

Law11
04-21-2008, 02:19 PM
he had his time here. The sentiments here are right on. He'll have the same role here he had in Tor. And we dont need his crabbing. KW would resign before signing him

Rockin Robin
04-21-2008, 02:19 PM

I would take the 2008 version of Officer Karkovice over Toby Hall straight up.

MrRoboto83
04-21-2008, 02:32 PM
Can Big Frank play 2B?

Uncle_Patrick
04-21-2008, 02:34 PM
I like Frank and all, but there's no reason to bring him on to the White Sox except for "old time's sake" and that doesn't win ballgames. Frank wants a full-time gig, not a part-time one. There's no spot for him here.

Zisk77
04-21-2008, 06:37 PM

Don't get me wrong I loved Big Frank and he was an awesome talent. However, you would never want to to teach players to hit like him. Frank succeeded despite some of the things he did technique wise.

WizardsofOzzie
04-21-2008, 08:31 PM
The Sox should sign Big Frank to DH against lefties and he serves as insurance should Thome get hurt. He would certainly be very cheap. I know it won't happen because of the relationship between he and Kenny, but what would you guys think?
Friends don't let friends drunk post

BadBobbyJenks
04-21-2008, 10:30 PM

Because the thought of Frank Thomas coming back to play backup DH to Jim Thome is one of the most absurd notions ever.

SOX ADDICT '73
04-21-2008, 11:18 PM
I don't get why people are acting like this would be the most absurd move ever, hmm, a power bat off the bench that would most likely come cheap...
Because those are two things that Frank Thomas's ego and sense of entitlement will never allow him to do.

scarsofthumper
04-21-2008, 11:41 PM
Maybe the Schaumburg Flyers could use a DH

Railsplitter
04-22-2008, 06:18 AM
The last thing we need are three firstbaseman/DH types. Furthermore, he'll turn 40 at the end of May.

SouthPaw72
04-22-2008, 08:05 AM
Even if he is good, he has too much of an ATTITUDE.... RETIRE FRANK!! You have enough MOOLAH!:D:

LITTLE NELL
04-27-2008, 09:57 AM
No way, the best hitter in White Sox history is also probably the biggest jerk.

voodoochile
04-27-2008, 10:05 AM
No way, the best hitter in White Sox history is also probably the biggest jerk.

You brought back this week dead thread for this craptastic post?

Thanks...

Closed.