PDA

View Full Version : Last year royce......

Bmr31
04-29-2002, 05:44 PM
..this year carlos. I though we were all whitesox fans? Its ok to think someone else may do better, but some of you obsess about it and it really makes me wonder where your loyalty is, and what kind of person you are for that matter. Carlos plays for the Chicago White Sox. IF you HATE him , do us real sox fans a favor, and go find another team to "root" for. Thanks.

CerberusWG
04-29-2002, 05:46 PM
People and fans are entitled to opinions. If you don't like them, too bad. Fans have the right to be pessimistic if they want to, not all fans MUST be optimists.

Bmr31
04-29-2002, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by CerberusWG
People and fans are entitled to opinions. If you don't like them, too bad. Fans have the right to be pessimistic if they want to, not all fans MUST be optimists.

Then look in the mirror and fix what causes you to feel this way. Its sick.

CerberusWG
04-29-2002, 05:52 PM

Again, that is only your opinion. The world doesn't revolve around you, and everyone's mind doesn't conform to your almighty self. People can bash whoever they want, and when C Lee is hitting .233 he might as well deserve it.

Bmr31
04-29-2002, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by CerberusWG

Again, that is only your opinion. The world doesn't revolve around you, and everyone's mind doesn't conform to your almighty self. People can bash whoever they want, and when C Lee is hitting .233 he might as well deserve it.

ahhh the mirror effect. Last time i checked , we werent talking about me. If you feel the need to obsessively bash a player, you may want to look in the mirror and ask yourself why. Its abnormal and unhealthy to hate for no reason. This is a game.

CerberusWG
04-29-2002, 06:03 PM
Bmr, maybe you should heed your own advice and take a look in the mirror. To dislike or hate a player because he isn't living up to his billing IS healthy. When players are paid millions of dollars, and don't back up their contract with numbers they should produce, they should be booed! True, this is a game, but you are PAID. If any job, you can not be bad at your job, you will eventually be fired if you do not improve.

RedPinStripes
04-29-2002, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by Bmr31

Just because you found god or found some bad crack or whatever your "new personality" is about doesn't mean we have to think like the great bmr .

I wanted Lee gone last year and I wanted Royce gone last year. I AM a die-hard and if there is a problem I'm going bitch about it. It doesn't have to be a problem either. Eventhough I'm a Liefer and Rowand fan, I'd like to see them traded if it would help this team. Nothing has changed from my stand point. I've always called carlos Dumbass caballo and Royce gets a new name every week. Is it so bad to be concerned about improving teh Sox?

RedPinStripes
04-29-2002, 06:09 PM
Lee hasn't hit since the first half of last year and has a horrible arm! Royce is a decent fielder with no range and a crappy arm. Manos can't catch a damn thing and he's not hitting while Joe Crede sits in AAA! Jim Parque has no Buisiness here and he's horrible! We just got emabarrassed the whole weekend, but I'm a Sox fan and I'm so damn Happy! Ijust love the whole team no matter who sucks!

I'm only human.

BuehrleACE56
04-29-2002, 08:53 PM
I am a die-hard Sox fan and I want to see our team play well and win. As a sox fan I, and any other sox fan for that matter has the right to criticise a player or coach who isn't producing or playing well. It's the nature of being a fan. If everyone just applauded their team no matter what a said good job go get 'em next time then where is the fire or passion? I love any player that wears the black and white and I'll defend any player who wears our colors. But as a fan I also have the right to criticise those same players. It's not hate, it's love. Like when your parents would punish you or chew you out and then say "it's for your own good because we love you." It's the same concept. In any event, Jose needs to learn how to catch and throw a baseball before he loses us another game. If El Caballo doesn't start hitting soon I think he is a goner. We have Rowand and Liefer who are good players and borchard in AAA. I hope Jose can feel Crede breathing down his neck for the starting job in the hot corner. I am fed up with Jose not fielding or hitting. Bench him, and C Lee.

doublem23
04-29-2002, 09:21 PM
Hey, at least Caballo is hitting over .100...

:hitless
Three digits? That sounds hard.

Go Sox!

KruseControl04
04-29-2002, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by BuehrleACE56
I am a die-hard Sox fan and I want to see our team play well and win. As a sox fan I, and any other sox fan for that matter has the right to criticise a player or coach who isn't producing or playing well. It's the nature of being a fan. If everyone just applauded their team no matter what a said good job go get 'em next time then where is the fire or passion? I love any player that wears the black and white and I'll defend any player who wears our colors. But as a fan I also have the right to criticise those same players. It's not hate, it's love. Like when your parents would punish you or chew you out and then say "it's for your own good because we love you." It's the same concept. In any event, Jose needs to learn how to catch and throw a baseball before he loses us another game. If El Caballo doesn't start hitting soon I think he is a goner. We have Rowand and Liefer who are good players and borchard in AAA. I hope Jose can feel Crede breathing down his neck for the starting job in the hot corner. I am fed up with Jose not fielding or hitting. Bench him, and C Lee.

Listen here, I don't think we need to worry about Jose or C. Lee. Every player has their dry streaks. Hell, I've been in one this entire season! Lets just calm down and give them a chance.

BuehrleACE56
04-29-2002, 10:08 PM
See here kruse control. There is a such thing as a dry streak (thomas, lofton) but C Lee hasn't hit since the all star break 2001. That's a little too long for the major leagues. He needs to start producing or we had better find someone else who will if he doesn't. Jose can't field or hit (of late). With young pitchers on the mound you need a good defense behind them. Jose has not been good defensively. See ya tomorrow Kruser.

Iwritecode
04-29-2002, 10:53 PM
If everyone just applauded their team no matter what and said good job go get 'em next time then...

they are Cub fans.

Sorry, it was just too wide open... :D:

BuehrleACE56
04-29-2002, 11:04 PM
speaking about my quote:
If everyone just applauded their team no matter what and said good job go get 'em next time then...
Iwritecode said:
they are Cub fans.

This even further empasizes my point. When you don't criticise then you end up accepting mediocrity much like a certain team and their fans in that weedy old dump up nort. It's part of sports, part of being a fan, and our right as Sox fans. Accept it people who don't! Constructive criticism is the way to go.

Jjav829
04-30-2002, 12:06 AM
See here kruse control. There is a such thing as a dry streak (thomas, lofton) but C Lee hasn't hit since the all star break 2001. That's a little too long for the major leagues. He needs to start producing or we had better find someone else who will if he doesn't. Jose can't field or hit (of late). With young pitchers on the mound you need a good defense behind them. Jose has not been good defensively. See ya tomorrow Kruser.

Actually Jose really didn't hit all that well last year. He finished the season batting .258. In fact, aside from 2000 Jose has never really hit well. Hes a lifetime .247 hitter. Going into last year I thought for sure Jose had started to solidify himself as an offensive threat. But now, Im starting to wonder...was 2000 just a career year for Jose and nothing more?

Jerry_Manuel
04-30-2002, 06:57 AM
Originally posted by Jjav829
But now, Im starting to wonder...was 2000 just a career year for Jose and nothing more?

2000- Had Frank batting behind him
2001- Had Frank, Carlos, Canseco, and Magglio hitting 3rd
2002- Has Lee hitting behind him, as I said in a previous post, I'd like to see Jose back in the two hole.

Moses_Scurry
04-30-2002, 08:24 AM
I'll cheer Royce and Caballo during the starting lineup announcement and when they are announced to bat. The only time I'll boo them is when they do something stupid, in which case the booing is well deserved. But, I'll boo anyone if they do something stupid. It's booing the play, not the person. My booing is just a little louder for Royce and Carlos, that's all.

Bmr31
05-01-2002, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by Jjav829

Actually Jose really didn't hit all that well last year. He finished the season batting .258. In fact, aside from 2000 Jose has never really hit well. Hes a lifetime .247 hitter. Going into last year I thought for sure Jose had started to solidify himself as an offensive threat. But now, Im starting to wonder...was 2000 just a career year for Jose and nothing more?

Id take my chances with his career stats. Jose can hit a fastball. He hustles. Other than that, hes a bench player.

Bmr31
05-01-2002, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by Moses_Scurry
I'll cheer Royce and Caballo during the starting lineup announcement and when they are announced to bat. The only time I'll boo them is when they do something stupid, in which case the booing is well deserved. But, I'll boo anyone if they do something stupid. It's booing the play, not the person. My booing is just a little louder for Royce and Carlos, that's all.

exactly. What i pointed out is some of these guys obsessively harass these players. I get tired of reading royce sucks, trade carlos posts from the same people. I personally think a few of the sox players suck too, but i dont obsessively abuse them.

bjmarte
05-01-2002, 01:31 PM
When I was at the game yesterday I didn't hear anyone harrassing Royce and Carlos, besides me, and the crowd was pretty vocal. With Royce, I decided to take a more positive approach. When he was up to bat I would "encourage" him to not suck, and when he didn't strike out I would be the first to congradulate him for not sucking. :D:

RedPinStripes
05-01-2002, 01:45 PM

exactly. What i pointed out is some of these guys obsessively harass these players. I get tired of reading royce sucks, trade carlos posts from the same people. I personally think a few of the sox players suck too, but i dont obsessively abuse them.

Like you never abused anyone on this board. :D:

Bmr31
05-01-2002, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes

Like you never abused anyone on this board. :D:

I havent abused anyone obsessively. I dont take one person and pick on them for no good reason, like many of you do with carlos and royce. The FACTS are, they are both decent players.

RedPinStripes
05-01-2002, 06:21 PM

I havent abused anyone obsessively. I dont take one person and pick on them for no good reason, like many of you do with carlos and royce. The FACTS are, they are both decent players.

I'll give you that. you never really picked one out, but if someone is not helping the a fan's favorite team, you will hear fans upset.

Beside, everytime i bash a player severly, they start hitting. Just like Lee did last night.

Bmr31
05-01-2002, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes

I'll give you that. you never really picked one out, but if someone is not helping the a fan's favorite team, you will hear fans upset.

Beside, everytime i bash a player severly, they start hitting. Just like Lee did last night.

I dunno i guess you have your view. I just dont see why youd want to bash a player from a team you love, just my opinion.

FarWestChicago
05-01-2002, 09:50 PM

I dunno i guess you have your view. I just dont see why youd want to bash a player from a team you love, just my opinion. :manos :wright :rocked

Where's your love for us, BMR?

voodoochile
05-01-2002, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
:manos :wright :rocked

FWC - 1
Bmr - 0

:D:

Bmr31
05-01-2002, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
:manos :wright :rocked

I addressed that earlier in the post. There are players on the sox that i think suck, and ive mentioned it. Mentioned it and thats it. I dont come on the site day after day and bash those players. The truth is, i hope they all become hall of famers. Will they? hmmm doubtful. :)

Bmr31
05-01-2002, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile

FWC - 1
Bmr - 0

Im not in a contest.

RedPinStripes
05-01-2002, 10:10 PM

I addressed that earlier in the post. There are players on the sox that i think suck, and ive mentioned it. Mentioned it and thats it. I dont come on the site day after day and bash those players. The truth is, i hope they all become hall of famers. Will they? hmmm doubtful. :)

Well I doubt Clayton Lee and Butter will be in the hall. If you have mentioned more then once that you think a player sucks, then you're in hte same boat with us "bashers".

I don't bash them every day. Just when it's deserved.

voodoochile
05-01-2002, 10:54 PM

Im not in a contest.

IT....

WAS...

A...

JOKE...

Sheesh... NOOOOOOOO sense of humor...