Did his Job.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/images/players/mugshot/ph_433579.jpg

This is fun.

ThatGuyOnTheL
04-20-2008, 03:24 PM
Did his job and then some!

HomeFish
04-20-2008, 03:32 PM
Thome is this game's equivalent of the 2001 Oakland Athletics...did a hell of a job, but ends up in 2nd place.

BadBobbyJenks
04-20-2008, 03:46 PM
Id protest, but I dont have an elephant gun.

Mr. White Sox
04-20-2008, 04:08 PM
I had Jim Thome as my PTC and Danks as my backup ... any chance for 0.5 points each? ehh?

MarySwiss
04-20-2008, 04:14 PM
Both Thome and Danks get their props in my THIRD STRAIGHT WINNING TBGR!!! (Way more fun than last year!)

TBGR!!!! (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/rwas/index.php?category=4&id=3554)

Scottiehaswheels
04-20-2008, 04:22 PM
I hope this keeps up... like in '05 where taking the SP would get you a PTC 5 out of 10 times... nice..

chisoxfanatic
04-20-2008, 04:31 PM
Both Thome and Danks get their props in my THIRD STRAIGHT WINNING TBGR!!! (Way more fun than last year!)

TBGR!!!! (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/rwas/index.php?category=4&id=3554)

Another great one, Mary! I'll be bringing the notepad to Tuesday night's game.

MarySwiss
04-20-2008, 04:59 PM
Another great one, Mary! I'll be bringing the notepad to Tuesday night's game.
Thanks, Heather! And go get those Yanks! :smile:

It's Dankerific
04-20-2008, 08:19 PM
Just a side note, but I find the poker cards amusing again. Pocket Rockets = Two Aces. But then it lists Ace/King (Also known as Big Slick or Anna Kournikova).

MarySwiss
04-20-2008, 09:24 PM
Just a side note, but I find the poker cards amusing again. Pocket Rockets = Two Aces. But then it lists Ace/King (Also known as Big Slick or Anna Kournikova).

Better look again! :whistle:

It's Dankerific
04-20-2008, 09:26 PM
:shocked:

MarySwiss
04-20-2008, 09:28 PM
:shocked:

:makefaces:

ChiSoxGirl
04-20-2008, 09:30 PM

Dude, I just may PM you on Saturdays when I'm writing my TBGRs because that whole Poker Hand thing kills me every week; I know nothing about poker and may need your help! :redface:

MarySwiss
04-20-2008, 09:35 PM
Dude, I just may PM you on Saturdays when I'm writing my TBGRs because that whole Poker Hand thing kills me every week; I know nothing about poker and may need your help! :redface:
Seriously, Jen! I know how to lose at poker, and I get the basic idea of Texas Hold 'Em, but the lingo? Not so much! :smile:

itsnotrequired
04-20-2008, 09:42 PM

I'm only three reports in and have already resorted to just making things up.

It's Dankerific
04-20-2008, 10:07 PM

Seriously, Jen! I know how to lose at poker, and I get the basic idea of Texas Hold 'Em, but the lingo? Not so much! :smile:

No problem. I play Texas Hold 'Em to even out the low work weeks =)

voodoochile
04-20-2008, 10:08 PM
I actually had a suggestion on this...

Go with cards that match the initials of the PTC winner. Brian actually inspired me by picking AQ on a night when AJ won the PTC. Just a thought...

I think the recaps are great this year. In years past I have often found them a bit dry, but you folks are doing a great job of telling the story from a fan's perspective without falling back on simply relaying the inning by inning details. That's exactly what they are supposed to be about, IMO.

Great job...

Brian26
04-20-2008, 10:41 PM
I actually had a suggestion on this...

Go with cards that match the initials of the PTC winner. Brian actually inspired me by picking AQ on a night when AJ won the PTC. Just a thought...

Argh, now I'm kicking myself I didn't use Ace-Jack on that night.

I think the recaps are great this year. In years past I have often found them a bit dry, but you folks are doing a great job of telling the story from a fan's perspective without falling back on simply relaying the inning by inning details. That's exactly what they are supposed to be about, IMO.

Great job...

They're easy to write when the team is playing good. I feel bad for the writers last year.

hi im skot
04-20-2008, 10:51 PM
What does one have to do to become one of the writers of these snazzy TBGRs?

voodoochile
04-20-2008, 10:55 PM
What does one have to do to become one of the writers of these snazzy TBGRs?

Send Daver an e-mail (NOT a PM) and volunteer your services. He may want you to write a test recap and right now we are fully staffed, but always nice to have more backup writers in place for emergencies or times when people go on vacation and can't get their recap covered. If nothing else, you can go on the waiting list, normally a position or two turns over every year.

MarySwiss
04-21-2008, 07:36 AM

Great job...
Thanks, VC! And Brian's right; when we're winning, they almost write themselves. Last year, writing some of them was downright painful, especially after the bullpen would come on and blow the game. I usually start forming the recap in my head as I watch, so I'd have a winning recap three-fourths developed and suddenly have to come up with a losing one. :angry:

I like this way much better!! :gulp:

itsnotrequired
04-21-2008, 07:45 AM
In years past I have often found them a bit dry...

What about my recaps from last year?

:whiner:

hi im skot
04-21-2008, 09:39 AM
What about my recaps from last year?

:whiner:

Totally phoned-in...

WizardsofOzzie
04-21-2008, 10:08 AM
5 PTC's for me on the year and more importantly another White Sox winner! Can't wait for my first game Saturday :bandance:

itsnotrequired
04-21-2008, 11:20 AM
Totally phoned-in...

I thought about doing an audio recap last year and simply posting a link to the .mp3 file. Then I lost interest and penned this (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/rwas/index.php?category=4&id=3408) instead.

hi im skot
04-21-2008, 11:45 AM
I thought about doing an audio recap last year and simply posting a link to the .mp3 file. Then I lost interest and penned this (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/rwas/index.php?category=4&id=3408) instead.

I remember reading this one. For some reason, I couldn't stop laughing as I read it...maybe because I just imagined you taking notes throughout the game.

chisoxfanatic
04-21-2008, 01:27 PM
Thanks, VC! And Brian's right; when we're winning, they almost write themselves. Last year, writing some of them was downright painful, especially after the bullpen would come on and blow the game. I usually start forming the recap in my head as I watch, so I'd have a winning recap three-fourths developed and suddenly have to come up with a losing one. :angry:

I like this way much better!! :gulp:
Rock-bottom for me last year was having to cover both games of the double-headder against the Red Sox. I wrote the entire thing in three succinct paragraphs. Ughhh, I wouldn't wish that on anyone!

This has been a blast so far, and hopefully it continues!

By the way, Brian, your game reports have been great so far!!! Keep it up!