PDA

View Full Version : *OFFICIAL* There We Go! 4/20/2008 Postgame Thread

MCHSoxFan
04-20-2008, 03:17 PM
Danks- YEEESSS!

Thome- YEEESSS!

JD- YEEESSS!

Uribe- YEEESSS! (2 walks, right?!?!)

2008 CHICAGO WHITE SOX- HEEELLL YEEESS!!!

NOTHING MORE BE SAID!

voodoochile
04-20-2008, 03:18 PM
How about another 1000 words....

:supernana:

Oh what the heck, 2000...

:moonwalk:

Frater Perdurabo
04-20-2008, 03:19 PM
Good to win the game and win the series.

Now let's use the off day to work on defensive fundamentals (like executing rundowns), and get ready to win the series with the Yankees.

Frankfan4life
I love the pitching we are getting from our starters. Danks is in a groove!

delben91
Danks- YEEESSS!

Thome- YEEESSS!

JD- YEEESSS!

NOTHING MORE BE SAID!

I require more capital letters. :cool:

3-2 road trip, not bad, not bad. Enjoy the off day tomorrow guys, and let's take it to New York on Tuesday!

GO SOX!

HomeFish
04-20-2008, 03:20 PM
It was interesting to see Gary Glover again.

jabrch
3-2 on the trip (should have been 4-1) isn't too bad. Now lets go home and see if we can win 4 or 5 - 7.

BadBobbyJenks
Well Kenny has something besides 2005 to hang his hat on.
Johnny Freaking Danks!

Frater Perdurabo
It was interesting to see Gary Glover again.

Wow! For you, that's an amazingly positive post! :tongue:

thomas35forever
04-20-2008, 03:21 PM
I've got every reason to be confident about the Yankee series. Go Sox!:bandance:

MCHSoxFan
04-20-2008, 03:23 PM
I've got every reason to be confident about the Yankee series. Go Sox!:bandance:

Oooohhhh Yeeeeeaaaaa!!! :cool: :bandance:

Thome25
WOOO HOOO GO SOX!!!!

For those of you who saw the game, How did Swisher look at 1B?

ThatGuyOnTheL
Gotta love it when Uribe draws more walks than our pitching staff gives up. :D:

SoxGirl4Life
Very pretty game.

Chicken Dinner
04-20-2008, 03:24 PM
Time to "spank the Yanks". :smile:

cheezheadsoxfan
Danks looking like the real thing. :bandance:

Frontman
WOOO HOOO GO SOX!!!!

For those of you who saw the game, How did Swisher look at 1B?

Pudgy and with a beard. Only difference was his mitt.

:wink:

October26
04-20-2008, 03:25 PM
Danks struck out 8 and Sox pitchers gave up a total of 4 hits today. The Sox offense woke up (Thome was 4 for 4). Great game and great win! YES! :gulp:

JoeClutch24
Bring on the Yankees! Thatta Boy Danks!! :bandance: :gulp:

:gosox:

Noneck
Sox win the series. Just so everyone is aware, if the Cardinals lose to the Giants (8-0 in the 6th), The Sox will be the ONLY team in the MLB not to lose a series this year. Good job Sox and keep that string alive.

chisoxmike
Bad day for the Thome haters.

:bandance:

turners56
04-20-2008, 03:26 PM
Great to see the guys bounce back after a terrible game last night. How about John Danks huh? Minus that start against Minnesota, he's allowed 1 earned run in 21 innings. He and Floyd have really shined early on, if they keep this up, there's no doubt the White Sox should be smelling the playoffs by September. Also good to see Thome go 4-5 today, maybe this is when he starts heating up.

VERY big series starting on Tuesday, let's go get those Yankees.

BadBobbyJenks
On the postgame show they just said the sox starters have given up the least amount of homers (5) in the majors.

Contreras and Danks have not yielded a homer yet.

thomas35forever

And the Anderson lovers.

NDSox12
04-20-2008, 03:27 PM
Sox win the series. Just so everyone is aware, if the Cardinals lose to the Giants (8-0 in the 6th), The Sox will be the ONLY team in the MLB not to lose a series this year. Good job Sox and keep that string alive.

Lost the opening series against the Indians.

chisoxmike
04-20-2008, 03:27 PM
And the Anderson lovers.

:shrug:

Noneck
04-20-2008, 03:28 PM
Lost the opening series against the Indians.
No, They split

thomas35forever
No, They split
No, we lost two of three.

chisoxmike
No, They split

:?:

It was a three game series. The Sox lost the first two games.

Chicken Dinner
No, They split

No they didn't. :scratch:

Thome25
04-20-2008, 03:29 PM
Not to ruin everyone's high but, the Yankees series this week is going to be interesting. We will finally be able to gauge the White Sox against what's consider to be one of the elite teams in the AL.

We haven't really faced any of the stronger teams in the AL yet. (IMO Oakland, Cleveland, and Detroit don't count because they're not playing great baseball.) The Yankees are well....the Yankees and it's probably our first real test to see where we stand.

turners56
04-20-2008, 03:29 PM
No, They split

Ummm...what? The Sox played a 3 game series, they lost the first 2, won the last.

Tragg
04-20-2008, 03:30 PM

!
One
But that's probably worthy of a dance. His OBP is probably north of .220 after today.

When does he get a day off?

MCHSoxFan
04-20-2008, 03:30 PM

In 2005, when the White Sox had back-back-back HR's and the Widger hit a HR (It may have been a 3-run shot) some women had a sign that said "Momma said backs Yanks get spanked!" :D:

BadBobbyJenks
04-20-2008, 03:31 PM
Ummm...what? The Sox played a 3 game series, they lost the first 2, won the last.

The umps cost us the first game so MLB threw that game out dont you know?

Frater Perdurabo
No, They split

It was a three-game series. They lost the first two (10-8 and 7-2), then won the last game (2-1).

turners56
Not to ruin everyone's high but, the Yankees series this week is going to be interesting. We will finally be able to gauge the White Sox against what's consider to be one of the elite teams in the AL.

We haven't really faced any of the stronger teams in the AL yet. (IMO Oakland, Cleveland, and Detroit don't count because they're not playing great baseball.) The Yankees are well....the Yankees and it's probably our first real test to see where we stand.

That's what I'm thinking, this is the series to put the Sox on the board nationally. If the Sox play well and shut down the Yankees lineup with this amazing pitching we've been getting lately, the Sox will definitely start getting serious attention, not only from ESPN, but also the rest of the league.

Noneck
No they didn't. :scratch:

You guys are right and I'm getting senile. Sorry.

turners56
04-20-2008, 03:32 PM
The umps cost us the first game so MLB threw that game out dont you know?

Damn you Gerry Davis.

chisoxfanatic

But absolutely FANTASTIC day for those of us who have Thome on their fantasy baseball team!!! :bandance:

Hell yea!!! Keep it going, Sox!!!

Danks has impressed me more than anyone!

Frontman

You mean the team that just snapped its 3 game losing streak? (Probably.)

A-Rod got taken out of today's game for the Yanks. While they are still an incredible team; if he doesn't play against the Sox, I'm not going to complain.

And coming in to USCF, the Yanks will be at best playing .500 ball. Yes, they are a good team playing against some tough competition, but I'm not entirely sold that they are a powerhouse this season with a record like that.

turners56
04-20-2008, 03:34 PM

A-Rod got taken out of today's game for the Yanks. While they are still an incredible team; if he doesn't play against the Sox, I'm not going to complain.

And coming in to USCF, the Yanks will be at best playing .500 ball. Yes, they are a good team playing against some tough competition, but I'm not entirely sold that they are a powerhouse this season with a record like that.

Granted, they are the Yankees. They are an elite team no matter what happens. Only Red Sox and Mets fans look down at them like garbage.

jabrch
04-20-2008, 03:34 PM
We haven't really faced any of the stronger teams in the AL yet. (IMO Oakland, Cleveland, and Detroit don't count because they're not playing great baseball.)

The Yanks just lost three in a row @ Baltimore. Oakland IS playing pretty good ball. And although not off to a good start, both Cleve and Detroit are talented teams.

Frontman
04-20-2008, 03:36 PM
Granted, they are the Yankees. They are an elite team no matter what happens. Only Red Sox and Mets fans look down at them like garbage.

I never said they were garbage; but they are scuffling right now. All that matters is the Sox win against them, period.

Soxman219
04-20-2008, 03:37 PM
I like how this team is playing right now. After an embrassing loss last night, Sox respond by shuting them out. I'm confident that we won't be seeing alot of losing streaks this year.:smile:

Let's spank the Spankees this week; I'll be at Thursday's game.:bandance:

MCHSoxFan
That's what I'm thinking, this is the series to put the Sox on the board nationally. If the Sox play well and shut down the Yankees lineup with this amazing pitching we've been getting lately, the Sox will definitely start getting serious attention, not only from ESPN, but also the rest of the league.

The second games of the series (4/23//) is on ESPN as well as CSN. That would be a perfect time to play EXACTLY like we did today.

Chicken Dinner
In 2005, when the White Sox had back-back-back HR's and the Widger hit a HR (It may have been a 3-run shot) some women had a sign that said "Momma said backs Yanks get spanked!" :D:

Off of Randy Johnson. :cool:

Navarro's Talent
04-20-2008, 03:39 PM
On the postgame show they just said the sox starters have given up the least amount of homers (5) in the majors.

Contreras and Danks have not yielded a homer yet.

That's awesome. I hope they can keep it up.

thomas35forever
04-20-2008, 03:40 PM
Sig update time.

MCHSoxFan
04-20-2008, 03:41 PM
I like how this team is playing right now. After an embrassing loss last night, Sox respond by shuting them out. I'm confident that we won't be seeing alot of losing streaks this year.:smile:

Let's spank the Spankees this week; I'll be at Thursday's game.:bandance:

Me too! In fact, I will be sitting right next to the Yanks on-deck circle! See ya there!

MCHSoxFan
04-20-2008, 03:42 PM
Off of Randy Johnson. :cool:

You are correct sir!

Chicken Dinner
04-20-2008, 03:42 PM
Listening to the Tampa feed today, they said they're having "cowbell day" when the Rays play the Red Saux. The only way to get one though is to have Rays gear on. I like that idea. No home team gear, no promo item. :cool:

hawkjt
04-20-2008, 03:45 PM
Great job by Johnny Danks. He is in a zone now. Hawks comments about him changing speed as well as Boone is so correct...johnny tried to throw it threw the wall last year...love to see him pitching more and throwing less.

The series this week should be fun...weather spring-like with temps in the 60's ,rain possible, but not frigid. Time to catch the yanks in a lull ,sox. Time to stamp your revival with that seal of approval...espn/yankee network.

Wang got clobbered last outing but he is tough, Mussina is tough, and Hughes is new...all could be bad for the sox. But, I like Jose,Javy and Gavin.

SoxGirl4Life
04-20-2008, 03:50 PM
If they stay patient, and have good at-bats, they have just as good a chance as anyone against the Yankees. Force them to throw strikes, and don't swing and the garbage they like to throw in the dirt.

Frontman
04-20-2008, 03:55 PM
If they stay patient, and have good at-bats, they have just as good a chance as anyone against the Yankees. Force them to throw strikes, and don't swing and the garbage they like to throw in the dirt.

:uribe:
"So, you're saying I need to sit all 3 games?"

:anderson:
"Don't worry Juan, you know Ozzie will have me stay in the dugout too, so at least you'll have company."

veeter
04-20-2008, 04:02 PM
This team really knows how to bounce back from a loss. Great, great job. I'm so proud of Floyd and Danks. Thome has made every hit this year really count. This is a special group.

October26
04-20-2008, 04:04 PM

"Don't worry Juan, you know Ozzie will have me stay in the dugout too, so at least you'll have company."

Good one!

Regarding today's game, I wanted to add that Boone Logan had a nice outing so that the rest of the bullpen could take the day off. And that was a nice catch by Joe Crede to end the game. :cool:

Regarding the Yankees series, I am surprised that the series this week is the Yankees only visit to US Cellular Field this year and I was also surprised to hear that Wang is 3-0. :o: Go Sox!

SoxGirl4Life
04-20-2008, 04:05 PM

Well, considering our options at 2nd, Uribe's going to have to be in there. Anderson? No.

04-20-2008, 04:06 PM
No, we lost two of three.

he may be right. sox 1, injuns 1, umps 1

veeter
04-20-2008, 04:06 PM
The Sox will be tough on Wang if they stay patient. Keep letting those low sinkers go by, and make him get it up!!!

JB98
04-20-2008, 04:07 PM
I think it was good for Thome to see a pitcher like Edwin Jackson. During this funk, Jim has been getting himself out swinging at breaking balls. Jackson throws gas, but his offspeed repetoire is not of big-league quality.

Today, Thome was able to put the breaking ball out of his mind and focus on hitting the fastball. He hit Jackson's fastball very well.

Danks is changing speeds and throwing strikes. He looks better now than he did at any point last year. People talk about the cutter, but that change has been a nice out pitch so far this season. Much improved over where it was a year ago.

Sockinchisox
04-20-2008, 04:09 PM
Great job by Johnny Danks. He is in a zone now. Hawks comments about him changing speed as well as Boone is so correct...johnny tried to throw it threw the wall last year...love to see him pitching more and throwing less.

The series this week should be fun...weather spring-like with temps in the 60's ,rain possible, but not frigid. Time to catch the yanks in a lull ,sox. Time to stamp your revival with that seal of approval...espn/yankee network.

Wang got clobbered last outing but he is tough, Mussina is tough, and Hughes is new...all could be bad for the sox. But, I like Jose,Javy and Gavin.

He also frequently hung that curve of his and he rarely throws that anymore.

Metalthrasher442
04-20-2008, 04:20 PM
If Gavin can go out and throw a decent game against the Yanks.

I don't know who I'll like better!!

MarySwiss
04-20-2008, 04:23 PM
Listening to the Tampa feed today, they said they're having "cowbell day" when the Rays play the Red Saux. The only way to get one though is to have Rays gear on. I like that idea. No home team gear, no promo item. :cool:

And they're giving away 10,000 cowbells. (Heh-heh-heh!) Can't wait to hear what Fenway says after that game!

oeo
04-20-2008, 04:32 PM
I missed the game, but the first thing I thought when I saw the score was, 'we could really have something special here.'

I think we learned a lot about this team on the road trip, and things are looking good. :bandance:

Bob G
04-20-2008, 04:36 PM

Attention from ESPN is the last thing we need... let's just keep quietly winning ball games.

In any case, great win today. It was nice to see Thome get hot - hopefully he can keep it going. Let's also hope Paulie gets rolling with the two days off.

GO SOX!!

Lip Man 1
04-20-2008, 04:41 PM
Excellent starting pitching and also good base running to take advantage of some boneheaded plays by the Rays.

Win the series 2-1....win the road trip 3-2 (should have been 4-1 but who's counting...)

Enjoy the day off, get some rest and continue to grind out wins at home.

Lip

pdimas
04-20-2008, 05:08 PM

ESPN and FoxSports are already starting to show us some respect (not that it matters). ESPN put us as the highest ranked AL team in the latest Power Rankings and Foxsports has a nice article praising the Sox and their offseason moves on their main MLB page (written by Dayn Perry no less surprise surprise).

I would have preferred we stayed under the radar :cool:

Chicken Dinner
04-20-2008, 05:15 PM
Continuing to win will get you any respect that you want or deserve. That's all you can ask for. :tiphat:

asindc
04-20-2008, 05:39 PM
Continuing to win will get you any respect that you want or deserve. That's all you can ask for. :tiphat:

As I have always said and will continue to say, Winning cures all.

A. Cavatica
04-20-2008, 05:46 PM

If the pitching matchups had worked out a little differently, we would either be reading "Danks spanks Yanks" or "Yanks spank Danks" in the NY Post next week. :tongue:

turners56
04-20-2008, 05:48 PM
I never said they were garbage; but they are scuffling right now. All that matters is the Sox win against them, period.

I never said you called them garbage, I was only talking about those Mets and Red Sox fans who try and degrade a team with 26 WS championships. My point was that the Yankees are the Yankees, no matter how badly they're playing, they still get respect and attention as one of the elite teams in the league.

turners56
04-20-2008, 05:51 PM
ESPN and FoxSports are already starting to show us some respect (not that it matters). ESPN put us as the highest ranked AL team in the latest Power Rankings and Foxsports has a nice article praising the Sox and their offseason moves on their main MLB page (written by Dayn Perry no less surprise surprise).

It's rare to see the Sox get attention, but whenever we do, you know something good is about to happen or is happening.

Chicken Dinner
04-20-2008, 06:05 PM
Arod day-to-day with a sore quad. Darn!

cws05champ
04-20-2008, 06:31 PM

But didn't the White Sox have the worst offseason of any team in the league according to one of the talking heads on ESPN?

soxpride724
04-20-2008, 06:37 PM
[quote]

Lets get em while there down! The Yanks dont look so strong right now, lets hit em while there down and out lol:gulp:

turners56
04-20-2008, 07:14 PM
Arod day-to-day with a sore quad. Darn!

Why are you mad? A-Rod-less Yankees are a lot less scary. Morgan Ensberg is now their 3B for most of this series, I would assume.

MCHSoxFan
04-20-2008, 07:22 PM
If the pitching matchups had worked out a little differently, we would either be reading "Danks spanks Yanks" or "Yanks spank Danks" in the NY Post next week. :tongue:

Danks did indeed SPANK THE YANKS last season. I believe it was 4/17/2007 at 1PM. Right after the double-header from all that rain. I went to the rain delay game the night before (The 2nd game, but the game that was scheduled for that night) and Jose and the defense was just plain BAD!

chisox77
04-20-2008, 07:23 PM
Great game today!

Not only do the White Sox look dangerous, but they are a resilient bunch. They bounced back after that tough loss at Baltimore by whipping the Rays, 9-2. Then they repaid the Rays with a shoutout to win the series finale. These are very good signs.

So far, the White Sox have shown explosive power hitting in the clutch, flashes of brilliant defense (and at times, some costly lapses - hope to get those ironed out), excellent starting pitching, and much improved bullpen performances.

Now let's at least win the series against the Yankees. No matter how they are playing, this team must always be respected. But the Sox have the chops to beat them. Let's do it!

:cool:

SoxGirl4Life
04-20-2008, 07:23 PM
Why are you mad? A-Rod-less Yankees are a lot less scary. Morgan Ensberg is now their 3B for most of this series, I would assume.

I think he was being sarcastic.

MCHSoxFan
04-20-2008, 07:24 PM

I am sure it was one of those no-teal but sooo obvious sarcastic sentences. If not, MAN! I would be DAMN HAPPY THAT THERE IS NO A-ROD.

Chicken Dinner
04-20-2008, 07:31 PM
I think he was being sarcastic.

Hello :D:

SoxGirl4Life
04-20-2008, 07:44 PM
My favorite Danks quote from today:

"My goal is just not to be the guy I was last year," Danks said. "Last year I felt like I was the guy when someone would ask who's pitching and they would say me, it was kind of like 'Well, let me strap it on today, we've got to score.'

FielderJones
04-20-2008, 07:55 PM
My favorite Danks quote from today:

"My goal is just not to be the guy I was last year," Danks said. "Last year I felt like I was the guy when someone would ask who's pitching and they would say me, it was kind of like 'Well, let me strap it on today, we've got to score.'

:DJ

"You can strap it up, or strap it down. Just don't strap it on."

Railsplitter
04-20-2008, 08:10 PM
Shut 'em out. :bandance:

Frontman
04-20-2008, 08:13 PM
:DJ

"You can strap it up, or strap it down. Just don't strap it on."

:hawk
"Well, back when I was in Boston, and Yastrzemski would.....what the hell did you just say?"

Frontman
04-20-2008, 08:15 PM
I never said you called them garbage, I was only talking about those Mets and Red Sox fans who try and degrade a team with 26 WS championships. My point was that the Yankees are the Yankees, no matter how badly they're playing, they still get respect and attention as one of the elite teams in the league.

*checks my hat, sees a Sox logo*

You don't have to worry about me ever following my team and thinking any less of any other team (save that one from the Northside.)

I think the Sox are having a 'charmed' season, as we got Detroit when things were going bad for them, it looks like we'll get the Yanks when things are off for them too. If the Sox scrape and claw a few extra wins by taking on a team that's struggling/injured; all the better.

Oldfellah
04-20-2008, 08:54 PM
atta boy team!!! Winning Road trip!!!:bandance:

ChiSoxGirl
04-20-2008, 09:06 PM
Danks- YEEESSS!

Thome- YEEESSS!

JD- YEEESSS!

NOTHING MORE BE SAID!

I require more capital letters. :cool:

3-2 road trip, not bad, not bad. Enjoy the off day tomorrow guys, and let's take it to New York on Tuesday!

GO SOX!

bafiarocks03 : !!!!!!!!!!! :: MCHSoxFan : CAPITAL LETTERS. :D:

Oldfellah
04-20-2008, 09:30 PM

I really hate those sayings!! We will finally see how we are against the best,,, blah blah blah.... In case you haven't noticed, we have played 18 games against PROFESSIONAL TEAMS. We won 11.. I don't know who we played that was ****ty... Both Baltimore and Oakland were on top when we played them... But now we play a .500 team and since it has NY next to it,, it's an elite team??? Give me a break... Screw them Yanks,, they are no better than the team you face in the next series!

palehozenychicty
04-21-2008, 08:39 AM
Good one!

Regarding today's game, I wanted to add that Boone Logan had a nice outing so that the rest of the bullpen could take the day off. And that was a nice catch by Joe Crede to end the game. :cool:

Regarding the Yankees series, I am surprised that the series this week is the Yankees only visit to US Cellular Field this year and I was also surprised to hear that Wang is 3-0. :o: Go Sox!

You shouldn't be. Wang is pretty damn good with that sinker. He's been among the league leaders in wins, double plays elicited, and such. When he's on, they win.

Thome25
04-21-2008, 09:29 AM

The Yanks just lost three in a row @ Baltimore. Oakland IS playing pretty good ball. And although not off to a good start, both Cleve and Detroit are talented teams.

Looks like the Yankees are suffering from some sore of jinx or curse because they're tearing down Yankee Stadium after this year. First they lose 2 of 3 to the Orioles then AROD gets injured what's next?

Seriously though, the Yankees will always get the respect of an elite team in the AL. 20-something championships will do that.

The White Sox seem to have been playing teams that are scuffling and/or injured. I'm enjoying the run so far, but I don't think we've played what can be considered an elite team so far.

Baltimore and Oakland probably won't be there in the end and Cleveland and Detroit aren't their "usual selves".