PDA

View Full Version : KW on Fox Sports front page

chaotic8512
04-20-2008, 12:32 PM
A positive article written by... Dayn Perry?!? :o: Didn't think it was possible. Good to see some more positive recognition.

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/8049924/Strong-off-season-has-White-Sox-ready-to-contend

nedlug
04-20-2008, 12:35 PM
A positive article written by... Dayn Perry?!? :o: Didn't think it was possible. Good to see some more positive recognition.

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/8049924/Strong-off-season-has-White-Sox-ready-to-contend

I still can't get over Dayn's emo pic... why does he look so depressed?

SoxGirl4Life
04-20-2008, 12:35 PM

Actually, I'd rather no recognition and we keep winning. I cringed when I saw his pic on Fox Sports.

chaotic8512
04-20-2008, 12:41 PM

I believe it's a Fox Sports policy that you are not allowed to exceed fifteen (15) minutes of sunlight per day.

ilsox7
04-20-2008, 01:28 PM
Blind squirrel. Nut.

Broken clock. Right twice a day.

Scottiehaswheels
04-20-2008, 01:45 PM
wait til you see my comment... :D:

JermaineDye05
04-20-2008, 01:48 PM

Well Kenny didn't re-sign Pods, so what does Dayn have to be mad about?

Sox
04-20-2008, 05:53 PM

I keep hearing this term Emo and I googled it and apparently it's supposed to be short for emotional and emocore is emotional hardcore? I don't want to sound ignorant but I'm trying to figure out how emo fits into the context of a sentence..............I also found out that is originated as a start in the soft punk rock industry? Is this also true? I don't mean to derail this thread but I see that people on message boards use this term alot.:scratch:

cws05champ
04-20-2008, 06:19 PM
I keep hearing this term Emo and I googled it and apparently it's supposed to be short for emotional and emocore is emotional hardcore? I don't want to sound ignorant but I'm trying to figure out how emo fits into the context of a sentence..............I also found out that is originated as a start in the soft punk rock industry? Is this also true? I don't mean to derail this thread but I see that people on message boards use this term alot.:scratch:
Basically it's slang for emotional. Emo's are stereotypically depressed and/ or have different color hair depending on the week. Just a new term for a new generation of the angst ridden teenagers.

Sockinchisox
04-20-2008, 06:54 PM
Speaking of Sox haters, Keith Law was on ESPN 1000 about an hour ago and said he thinks the Sox are a fluke because of our "easy" schedule.

SoxGirl4Life
04-20-2008, 06:58 PM
Speaking of Sox haters, Keith Law was on ESPN 1000 about an hour ago and said he thinks the Sox are a fluke because of our "easy" schedule.

Our schedule's only easy because we clubbed the "greatest line-up ever assembled" like baby seals. Give me a break.

JermaineDye05
04-20-2008, 07:03 PM

We hit the A's when they were playing great, split with them. Hit the O's when they were playing pretty good baseball and nearly swept them. Easy my ass.

turners56
04-20-2008, 07:07 PM
Once again, I couldn't ignore the idiots who posted..I had to share my thoughts.

turners56
04-20-2008, 07:13 PM

Yea, 12 of their first 21 games are against "elite" AL teams. Yankees, Indians, and Tigers were considered elite coming into the season right?

SoxGirl4Life
04-20-2008, 07:20 PM

I guess the Tigers being 6-13 is a fluke too because of their difficult schedule, right?

ebit
04-20-2008, 07:25 PM
Wasn't the Sox's off-season moves rated pretty low by a number of other sources? If the article was dated March 20th I'd consider reading through it but the headline is a bit much for me. I agree with SoxGirl, let's keep winning games and keep the media's April pennant predictions for Boston.

turners56
04-20-2008, 07:41 PM
Wasn't the Sox's off-season moves rated pretty low by a number of other sources? If the article was dated March 20th I'd consider reading through it but the headline is a bit much for me. I agree with SoxGirl, let's keep winning games and keep the media's April pennant predictions for Boston.

FoxSports rated Williams as the 10th best GM this offseason.

Sox
04-20-2008, 09:37 PM
Basically it's slang for emotional. Emo's are stereotypically depressed and/ or have different color hair depending on the week. Just a new term for a new generation of the angst ridden teenagers.

Thanks I guess being a baby boomer I'm a little bit ignorant of the terms the "yute" (slang for youth) of today use since my children all adults now. I appreciate you helping this "ole geezer" out.:smile:

Vernam
04-20-2008, 10:25 PM
We hit the A's when they were playing great, split with them. Hit the O's when they were playing pretty good baseball and nearly swept them. Easy my ass.And the fact that we beat the 2008 World Series champs 5 out of 6 also counts for nothing.

Law was also saying some weird, even libelous stuff about the Toronto GM, whom he implied is a racist. :scratch:

Vernam

AZChiSoxFan
04-21-2008, 11:35 AM

:rolleyes: Sure, didn't we hear that throughout the 2005 season? The Sox have already played 9 games against two teams that all the "experts" have pegged for the playoffs.

I guess the Cubs are the real deal though because they just pounded the mighty Pirates and play in the weakest div in baseball. GMAB.

doublem23
04-21-2008, 11:45 AM
Of course KW is a genius, he got rid of that bum Podsednik... Who, as far as I can tell, slept with Dayn's wife while he murdered his dog and filled his car's gas tank with sugar.

julio-cruz
04-22-2008, 10:32 AM
Looks like Dayn Perry took his Happy pills today:

jabrch
04-22-2008, 10:39 AM
I don't care - he's still a douche.