PDA

View Full Version : Bards' Room

ChiSox524
04-17-2008, 09:07 PM
I won an auction recently that included dinner in the Bard's Room before the game. Has anyone ever been in there or know where it is in the park?

Thanks.

HomeFish
04-17-2008, 09:15 PM
As in Josh Bard?

itsnotrequired
04-17-2008, 09:27 PM
As in Josh Bard?

Josh Bard serves you steak on a sword.

WhiteSox5187
04-17-2008, 09:39 PM
There certainly was one at the old ballpark but Reisendorf got rid of it or re-decorated it or something so it lost all its charm. I'm surprised there's one in the new park too.

roylestillman
04-17-2008, 09:41 PM
I used to snag an invite for the Bard's Room for Opening Day as part of work (I'll keep my current retired status and cheap seats now, though ) Its a fairly small room on the third level (I think) with large windows facing 35th Street side. You enter it through the administrative entrance near the tower, The food was fantastic, served buffet style. There is also a small bar in the room. Don't miss it.

asg2003ws2005
04-18-2008, 12:57 AM
it's the employee/media/shareholders eating area. i was up there on a non game day. it's nice.

whitesoxwilkes
04-18-2008, 06:49 AM
Been up there about 10 times. It's pretty cool. Good grub, free beer and you can sometimes catch Hawk or Farmer grabbing a bite. Make sure you check out the trophy/memorabilia cases opposite the windows on the way in.

There's a regular group of Reinsdorf's partners who eat at the same table before almost every game. Apparently they've been doing it for 20+ years.

Everyone's really friendly and laid back.

southsidesoxfan1
04-18-2008, 08:55 AM
Make sure you check out the trophy/memorabilia cases opposite the windows on the way in.

Been there for a navy night, and as the quote above states, they've got a lot of cool stuff to check out memorabilia wise. I was there before the World Series in 05, so there must be a whole bunch of new stuff in there commemorating it. I think its located on the 4th level of the park, and riding up the elevator with Hawk or DJ is always a distinct possibility. Good food, desert, and free beer, definitely a nice way to kick off a game.