thomas35forever
04-16-2008, 09:34 PM
1 down, 1 to go.:bandance:

soltrain21
04-16-2008, 09:35 PM
Hopefully this will get Jose on track.

delben91
I'll take wins any way the Sox can get them.

Keep on rollin' boys.

whitesoxfan
Amazing outing by Jose to make the Thome bomb stand throughout the game. Linebrink and Jenks were nails in the 8th and 9th.

Fun game. Let's make it three in a row tomorrow night.

rowand33
great game by the pitching staff.

Jose Contreras amazed me tonight.

jcw218
:winner

Hendu
Nice game from JC and the pen. Let's sweep tomorrow.

asindc
I'll be there tomorrow. The Sox have a good record over the years when I see them in Balt. Let's get this short sweep in the books!

IlliniSox4Life
04-16-2008, 09:36 PM
Hopefully this is just signs of things to come from Contreras. Thome shows up when we need him!

Murphy10
04-16-2008, 09:36 PM
What a run through the rotation! Vazquez, Floyd, Buerhle, Danks, and.... CONTRERAS! with great outings

keep it going:bandance:

Sockinchisox
04-16-2008, 09:37 PM
4 games over for the first time this year.

Lets keep tacking Ws on!

PicktoCLick72
Offense took the night off after the 1st. He lose this game 4-3 last year. I'll take it.

I'm ****ing cheesing my brains out.

cheezheadsoxfan
So good to see Contreras still has something. Nice win.:bandance:

PolishPower83
TRADE THOME! Where are the critics now? Some people on here are so impatient. The same people who dogged Thome are probably the same pessimistic people who say "It's too early to get excited." This pitching staff is proving a lot of people wrong. Here's to not having a stick up your ass and actually rooting for the SOX instead of trying to play GM! :gulp:

asindc
Looks like Contreras was trusting his splitter more this game. He pitched much more than he threw. Very good outing by him.

FourStarsTwoBars
04-16-2008, 09:38 PM
This last rotation has been great.
It's tough to lose when the other team scores none or one

sox230
I didn't see the game cuz I'm at school. I see obviously Jose had good stats. Was he dominant or were there balls hit hard and good defense. And also, why take Jose out after 7 with that pitch count? All in all, good win. This team can win many different ways, which is very impressive to me.

hi im skot
Jose was dealing tonight.

rowand33
04-16-2008, 09:39 PM
I didn't see the game cuz I'm at school. I see obviously Jose had good stats. Was he dominant or were there balls hit hard and good defense. And also, why take Jose out after 7 with that pitch count? All in all, good win. This team can win many different ways, which is very impressive to me.

to answer your first question, Jose was absolutely sick tonight. His splitter was filthy.

second, no clue. My guess is because he's 80 years old.

Metalthrasher442
04-16-2008, 09:39 PM
I'm excited to see how Floyd throws the ball against a team other than Detroit.

*Bites nails*

WhiteSox5187
04-16-2008, 09:40 PM
I'd like to have seen us score a few more runs, but a win is a win...and I can't really think of a whole lot of scoring opportunities through the game (though I didn't watch the whole game)...let's go out and get 'em tommorrow.

soxfan123
Jose

Jurr
Very workmanlike performance by the Sox. Jump on 'em early and coast. Ozzie rolls out his A lineup and they do what they need to to get the W.

Last year seemed like every win was like pulling teeth (which isn't as hard as it was for the Sox to win).....this team looks like they have each other's back and everyone's doing his part for the whole.

cbone
Forkball was working big time. Great to see Thome start to get back in a bit of a rhythm. Keep the train rollin, lots of fun so far. :gulp:

soltrain21
04-16-2008, 09:41 PM

Let him leave on a high note. Ends his night on a strikeout while only giving up one run? Works for me. Let him build on it.

mccoydp
04-16-2008, 09:42 PM

Jose had to get his daily allowance of Metamucil for the day; that's why he came out. :redneck

Great job by Contreras, Linebrink, and Jenks tonight on pitching.

Thank goodness the three run shot by Thome was all the Sox needed. Go get 'em again tomorrow.:gulp:

WizardsofOzzie
04-16-2008, 09:43 PM
I'm excited to see how Floyd throws the ball against a team other than Detroit.

*Bites nails*
Unfortunately it looks like Detroit is starting to turn it on, up 11-1 over Cleveland. With CC sucking it up and a closer situation I'm not too concerned with Cleveland anymore, but if Detroit starts firing on all cylinders they could be trouble. Hopefully we just keep doing our thing.

rookie
I love the White Sox. I love baseball. I am so glad it's April. :D: (Even if my funds are lower due to baseball games. It's worth the trade off).

Jurr
This effort was so workmanlike, I doubt this thread hits 70 posts.

oeo
04-16-2008, 09:44 PM
Very nice to see Jose pounding the strike zone. Keep it up, big man.

Metalthrasher442
04-16-2008, 09:45 PM
Unfortunately it looks like Detroit is starting to turn it on, up 11-1 over Cleveland. With CC sucking it up and a closer situation I'm not too concerned with Cleveland anymore, but if Detroit starts firing on all cylinders they could be trouble. Hopefully we just keep doing our thing.

Yeah seriously.

You knew it would happen eventually. At least we stuck it to them all we could:gulp:

sox1970
04-16-2008, 09:46 PM
How about Jenks? He's money.

WhiteSox5187
04-16-2008, 09:47 PM
It's April, the only team I'm concerned about right now is the Sox. Can they keep playing like this?

MarySwiss
04-16-2008, 09:48 PM

to answer your first question, Jose was absolutely sick tonight. His splitter was filthy.

second, no clue. My guess is because he's 80 years old.

I think rowand33 nailed it. I don't recall which inning--5th or 6th--but he threw a pitch to Millar for the third out that did things baseballs are not meant to do!! Brought me out of my chair!

Metalthrasher442
How about Jenks? He's money.

Nah. I think the few years before this were a fluke. He'll die down second half and never be the same.

Haha wouldn't that suck.

Gosox1917
Pitching has given up 0,0,2,1,1 the last five days. That's sick. Sick I tells ya.

WizardsofOzzie
04-16-2008, 09:49 PM
It's April, the only team I'm concerned about right now is the Sox. Can they keep playing like this?
We can only hope!

MCHSoxFan
04-16-2008, 09:52 PM
I'll take wins any way the Sox can get them.

Keep on rollin' boys.

Hell YEEESSS!!! Man! I love how these guys are playing. Just enough offense and OUTSTANDING...YES...OUTSTANDING pitching from start to finish in each and every game and everybody in our starting rotation. Also, the BP guys are doing there job, too! JENKS WITH 6 SAVES IN 14 GAMES!

Keep it up boys! YEEESSS!!

FYI- I know it is week 3. However, you gotta love it! You gotta love it! :smile:

BadBobbyJenks
04-16-2008, 09:53 PM
Jose Contreras with....wait for it...wait for it....NO WALKS!
Great outing, tonight. That Forkball was diving tonight.

Jim Thome with some good swings tonight, hopefully he is out of his funk.

WhiteSox5187
Nah. I think the few years before this were a fluke. He'll die down second half and never be the same.

Haha wouldn't that suck.
Teal?

Railsplitter
Good start to the road trip.:bandance::bandance:

hi im skot
04-16-2008, 09:54 PM
Teal?

Is teal always necessary?

I sometimes wonder how some WSIers survive the real world without teal...

WizardsofOzzie
04-16-2008, 09:55 PM
Teal?
Probably doesn't know about teal yet. FYI all sarcastic statements should be put in teal, such as Sammy Sosa is the greatest player to wear a Sox uniform

Carolina Kenny
04-16-2008, 09:57 PM
What a run through the rotation! Vazquez, Floyd, Buerhle, Danks, and.... CONTRERAS! with great outings

keep it going:bandance:

can feel the buzz? 2007 seems like a long time past

WhiteSox5187
04-16-2008, 09:59 PM

Usually I'm able to tell, but I haven't seen a lot of posts from that guy. Could be serious.

MarySwiss
04-16-2008, 10:00 PM

Well, I've written things in which the sarcasm was (I thought) obvious as hell, but I always got the "what are you, crazy?" type of response. So yes, I am beginning to believe teal is always necessary.
Unless you were just being sarcastic! :cool:

pmck003
04-16-2008, 10:02 PM
This effort was so workmanlike, I doubt this thread hits 70 posts.

Getting home to see a Contreras domination box score is worth a post from me

Jurr
04-16-2008, 10:03 PM
People talk about how weird that 0-7=no playoffs stat is. I can actually see the reasoning behind it. It just seems that teams set a tone and follow it for the most part. Confidence is contagious.

My friends, it's no coincidence that teams who make big postseason runs have a big group of players in the middle of career years. If a team believes it can win, it usually will.

hi im skot
Well, I've written things in which the sarcasm was (I thought) obvious as hell, but I always got the "what are you, crazy?" type of response. So yes, I am beginning to believe teal is always necessary.
Unless you were just being sarcastic! :cool:

You'll never know...

(evil laugh)

:redneck

WizardsofOzzie
Usually I'm able to tell, but I haven't seen a lot of posts from that guy. Could be serious.
Can't ever underestimate the stupidity of some people

Jurr
04-16-2008, 10:06 PM
I love it when the Twins announcers have to get all quiet when the opposing team (in this case, the Rays) take comfy leads away.

MCHSoxFan
04-16-2008, 10:09 PM
I love it when the Twins announcers have to get all quiet when the opposing team (in this case, the Rays) take comfy leads away.

Are you listening to that game on MLB.com gameday audio?

Jurr
04-16-2008, 10:10 PM
Are you listening to that game on MLB.com gameday audio?
MLB tv mosaic, which I will say is among the best ideas mankind has ever created.

hi im skot
04-16-2008, 10:11 PM

Did the Sox play the Twins tonight?

:?:

SoxGirl4Life
04-16-2008, 10:13 PM
Is an MLB requirement that Boston-NY games last 5 hours? they're in the 6th inning? after 3 plus hours? :scratch:

Lip Man 1
When you get the kind of pitching the Sox have been getting the past few days you're going to win a lot of games.

Pitching will dictate how far they get in 2008.

Keep it up guys!

Lip

MCHSoxFan
MLB tv mosaic, which I will say is among the best ideas mankind has ever created.

I 100% agree. Every since I heard the mlb.com audio/video ad at the cell before the game in the video board, I have LOVED it!

Lillian
04-16-2008, 10:15 PM
TRADE THOME! Where are the critics now? Some people on here are so impatient. The same people who dogged Thome are probably the same pessimistic people who say "It's too early to get excited." This pitching staff is proving a lot of people wrong. Here's to not having a stick up your ass and actually rooting for the SOX instead of trying to play GM! :gulp:

Since I'm the one who started the discussion regarding Thome's terrible performance versus Lefties, I'd like to be the first to also say that nothing would please me more than having to "eat crow". However, I think it's a little premature to dismiss the merits of arguing for someone else in the 3 hole versus left handed starters. I hope that he is working especially hard on trying to improve vs. Lefties, but he's had a pretty bad track record. The fact that all 3 of his homers this year have come off of Southpaws is a complete anomaly for him.

MCHSoxFan
04-16-2008, 10:15 PM
When you get the kind of pitching the Sox have been getting the past few days you're going to win a lot of games.

Pitching will dictate how far they get in 2008.

True. Very, very true! All I can say is, KEEP IT UP WHITE SOX!
Keep it up guys!

Lip

True. Very, very true! All I can say is keep it up White Sox!

Jurr
04-16-2008, 10:16 PM
Did the Sox play the Twins tonight?

:?:
Heh heh heeehhhhhhhhhhh...pfft.

Nah...for years we've added the joy of Twins losses to our postgame threads, though the Twins' fate is not yet sealed tonight.

HomeFish
04-16-2008, 10:18 PM
What is it that they say -- that every year there are going to be 40 games that you win no matter what, 40 games you lose no matter what, and the rest that make the difference?

I think today was a game from that last group, and the Sox won it. Impressive -- even though it was because a lot of guys are playing well over their heads right now.

Mickster
04-16-2008, 10:19 PM
What is it that they say -- that every year there are going to be 40 games that you win no matter what, 40 games you lose no matter what, and the rest that make the difference?

I think today was a game from that last group, and the Sox won it. Impressive -- even though it was because a lot of guys are playing well over their heads right now.

:rolleyes:

Jurr
04-16-2008, 10:20 PM

Players in team sports tend to do that when the team's collective confidence is high. They all have high talent, but the mental side of sport is huge. When doubt leaves, talent is maximized.

HomeFish
04-16-2008, 10:21 PM
:rolleyes:

Way to focus on the negative, Dark Cloud.

MCHSoxFan
Players in team sports tend to do that when the team's collective confidence is high. They all have high talent, but the mental side of sport is huge. When doubt leaves, talent is maximized.

Yep!

asindc

Who is playing over their heads?

Mickster
04-16-2008, 10:22 PM

Should that be in teal? You are calling me a dark cloud?

johnnyg83
Pitching has given up 0,0,2,1,1 the last five days. That's sick. Sick I tells ya.

4 runs in five games has to be close to a record, no?

MarySwiss

And they would be?

MCHSoxFan
04-16-2008, 10:23 PM

I think the poster meant that the players are playing at their NORMAL level. They are not going above and beyond their normal talent.

Jurr
04-16-2008, 10:24 PM
God bless Homefish. His comment got the post count above 70. Whoo hoo!

hi im skot
04-16-2008, 10:26 PM
Linebrink and Jenks looked solid out there tonight.

Ziggy S
04-16-2008, 10:31 PM
If Jose and Danks pitch like they have the last couple of days, I like our chances this season.

Jurr
04-16-2008, 10:34 PM
If Jose and Danks pitch like they have the last couple of days, I like our chances this season.
Dude, if Danks and Jose pitched like they did the last couple of days, this team would probably win 120 games.

Ziggy S
04-16-2008, 10:39 PM
If we get more starts like this from those two, Mark and Javy do what's expected, and the bullpen holds up they definitely are in contention for the Division Title. BTW, so far I've been right about Thome benefiting from a day off once every week or two.

thomas35forever
04-16-2008, 10:49 PM
Oh, like you don't?

TomBradley72
04-16-2008, 10:51 PM
We've won 4 out of our last 5....and none have really been nail biters...just very efficient....great starting pitching, it's great to feel as good about the 8th as you do about the 9th, and I think (at least of the first two weeks) this is the best "defensive" Sox team I can remember.

Jose was working very quickly from the 1st inning tonight..and I liked how he was challenging them with his fastball early vs. "nibbling". He's a good man with a great story...nice to see him turn it around a little.

jabrch
04-16-2008, 11:01 PM

Maybe the rumor of Jose's demise has been greatly exaggerated?

DC Sox Fan
04-16-2008, 11:01 PM
Just got back from the winner. Even better when there are a hundred Sox fans there and are only outnumbered 5:1 by O's fans :gulp:

Never seen that place so empty- but the boys looked energized, folks. Here's to keepin' it rollin!

DSpivack
04-16-2008, 11:02 PM
What a beautiful stadium, too bad just 10,000 or so were there tonight. Good food, great game by Contreras, a Thome bomb. I was happy.

The Dude
04-16-2008, 11:03 PM
Nice job by Jim! I just knew he was gonna come through big soon. Also Jose was amazing as well. As for the rest of the team, where were you? Show up tomorrow please!

pdimas
04-16-2008, 11:07 PM

I think the difference in our young pitchers is confidence. The talent and skill are there. Have you seen Floyd pitch? He has some nasty stuff. Hell even Danks said yesterday that he didnt feel all that great during the game and last year its a game he ends up losing.

Our season goes as the starting pitching goes and right now giving up 4 runs in the last 5 games has gotten me feeling pretty good about this team. Contreras really needed an outing like he had tonight. Great pitched game.

chisoxfanatic
04-16-2008, 11:08 PM
Great to see them get another win. I watched the last 8 innings from Groucho's with a bunch of collegues. But, since I was at work until 6:15, I missed the first inning...SO...How did Swisher and Cabrera get on, and how was Thome's home run? Was it a monster bomb or something?

voodoochile
04-16-2008, 11:16 PM
Just want to give a big shoutout to MLB and FSNS for letting the local FSN cover Orioles games. Of course tonight the Bobcats were playing and sucking up the local FSN bandwidth but MLB.TV still blacked the game out. :?:

Ah well at least they won...

Tragg
04-16-2008, 11:27 PM
One thing I noticed from the highlights of Jose's first start: Ozzie was barking at him - when he visited him on the mound and after he had lifted him and they were back in the dugout. I don't know if he does that every game or what, but I liked it when I saw it - start pitching like you're capable of, Jose. And he is.

voodoochile
04-16-2008, 11:31 PM
One thing I noticed from the highlights of Jose's first start: Ozzie was barking at him - when he visited him on the mound and after he had lifted him and they were back in the dugout. I don't know if he does that every game or what, but I liked it when I saw it - start pitching like you're capable of, Jose. And he is.

You don't yell at Danks or Floyd, but the other three deserve an earful if they fail to pitch up to expectations.

jabrch
04-16-2008, 11:33 PM
Linebrink looked solid again also. And of course Bobby is... well... the 25th best closer in baseball.

Tragg
04-16-2008, 11:40 PM
Did someone really say that Jenks was the 25th best closer in baseball? That's ridiculous.

hawkjt
04-16-2008, 11:43 PM
Great to see them get another win. I watched the last 8 innings from Groucho's with a bunch of collegues. But, since I was at work until 6:15, I missed the first inning...SO...How did Swisher and Cabrera get on, and how was Thome's home run? Was it a monster bomb or something?

Swisher led off by getting down 0-2, worked it back to 3-2 and then singled sharply to right. Orlando worked him for a walk...and then big Jim worked the count to 2-2 and then took a fastball on the inner half and hammered a line drive no-doubter to right center field...got out in a hurry.

Jose just attacked the strike zone so beautifully tonite. It is like it just clicked in and suddenly he was in 2005/06 groove again...lovely.

Oldfellah
04-16-2008, 11:52 PM
I love the tone these guys are playing with so far.. It's a thing of beauty!!!:bandance::bandance:

Frontman
04-16-2008, 11:54 PM
Man, its about time for Sox games to be fun again. This Contreras looked like he did in 2005/2006 as a dominant pitcher. Good job, and SOCK IT THOME TIME!!!!

And the Sox are 4 games over .500. Could they keep it going? If they can get 10 games over I'd be thrilled!

NDSox12
04-17-2008, 12:00 AM
I was at the game tonight. Just like the others who were there mentioned, it was a ridiculously small crowd. I've never been part of a MLB crowd that small when weather wasn't an issue.

This game broke a personal six game losing streak for me, so I got that monkey off my back.

Great win! Excellent outing for Contreras and good to see Thome finally back in the home run column.

EDIT: After thinking about it some more, I HAVE been at games with smaller crowds than tonight, but it has been a while. I remember going to a September weekday afternoon game in Detroit the year the Tigers lost 118 games. Definitely a smaller crowd that day.

pdimas
04-17-2008, 12:07 AM
Nice job by Jim! I just knew he was gonna come through big soon. Also Jose was amazing as well. As for the rest of the team, where were you? Show up tomorrow please!

You might have to change your sig...:tongue:

with the pitching going like it has lately.

kaufsox
04-17-2008, 12:19 AM
always happy with a Sox win, but I'd liked to see a little less of the Earl Weaver approach, more consistency on offense. The pitching has made watching games on tivo exceptional.

chisox77
04-17-2008, 12:25 AM
Another solid road win, and the pitching was superb!

As I have posted before, I like what I see from this 2008 White Sox team. It's gonna be a fun season.

Everyone in the rotation has had at least one great outing. This could shape up to be a very good starting staff, which will make an improved bullpen even better.

:cool:

JB98
04-17-2008, 12:58 AM
Did someone really say that Jenks was the 25th best closer in baseball? That's ridiculous.

Right after the All-Star break last year, Bobby had a rough week where he blew two saves. Someone started a thread saying we could "expect more of the same" from Jenks the rest of the year. The person listed off numerous mediocre closers who were supposedly better than Jenks.

Shortly thereafter, Bobby retired 41 consecutive batters. :rolleyes:

It is nice to have Linebrink for the eighth this year. That inning has been far less adventurous with him on the hill these first two weeks of the season.

Good to see Contreras using his fastball and working ahead in the count tonight. When he does those two things, it sets up his fork nicely.

Boondock Saint
04-17-2008, 01:15 AM
Right after the All-Star break last year, Bobby had a rough week where he blew two saves. Someone started a thread saying we could "expect more of the same" from Jenks the rest of the year. The person listed off numerous mediocre closers who were supposedly better than Jenks.

Shortly thereafter, Bobby retired 41 consecutive batters. :rolleyes:

I remember that week well. If I remember correctly, both blown saves were against Baltimore, fittingly enough. I have to say, though, that those games shook my confidence in Bobby a bit, too. Watching the team playing poorly alongside Bobby blowing 2 consecutive saves really put me in a funk.

Bigfoot38
04-17-2008, 01:37 AM
I think our defense is soooo goooood this year. Youve already seen Crede play. Cabrera and Uribe are turning into a great defensive tandem in the middle. There is not one person in the outfield if a ball is hit to him that the other team will automatically challenge.

As Steve Stone said to the Orioles broadcasters before Wednesdays game. "The defense isn't good, its spectacular. Everyone can throw in the outfield, and everyone can field in the infield. We can compete with the best defenses in the AL."-- me paraphrasing Stoney...

The AL leader, wait MLB leader in RBI hits 8th... our 6,7,8 hitters have 9,13,16 respectivley and our 3,4,5 hitters are 1 year removed from .288 42 109, .315 44 120, .313 35 113. and our top 2 hitters are 1-2 in BB on the team exactly how it should be, oh and we have the magic jaun too!:scratch:

- I am concerned with the lack of speed as far as stolen bases go
- I am concerned where I am unsure if a player on our team can go lay a bunt down with Runners on 1st & 2nd and no out
- I am concerned if Contreras will be Contreras of old

As far as one run games go, our SP has been GREAT, and our bullpen outside Mac, Masset and opening day Dotel, has been LIGHTS OUT... there's no reason we can win one run ball games

by the way we're 6-2 in 3 run or less ball games this year (1-1 in 1 run)

Navarro's Talent
04-17-2008, 01:43 AM

Despite a horrible '07, I had a feeling that Contreras would be much better this year. Only time will tell, of course, but this outing gives me lots of hope.

Boondock Saint
04-17-2008, 01:48 AM
Despite a horrible '07, I had a feeling that Contreras would be much better this year. Only time will tell, of course, but this outing gives me lots of hope.

To be fair, it would be hard to imagine him doing much worse than last year.

WhiteSox5187
04-17-2008, 01:49 AM
I think our defense is soooo goooood this year. Youve already seen Crede play. Cabrera and Uribe are turning into a great defensive tandem in the middle. There is not one person in the outfield if a ball is hit to him that the other team will automatically challenge.

As Steve Stone said to the Orioles broadcasters before Wednesdays game. "The defense isn't good, its spectacular. Everyone can throw in the outfield, and everyone can field in the infield. We can compete with the best defenses in the AL."-- me paraphrasing Stoney...

The AL leader, wait MLB leader in RBI hits 8th... our 6,7,8 hitters have 9,13,16 respectivley and our 3,4,5 hitters are 1 year removed from .288 42 109, .315 44 120, .313 35 113. and our top 2 hitters are 1-2 in BB on the team exactly how it should be, oh and we have the magic jaun too!:scratch:

- I am concerned with the lack of speed as far as stolen bases go
- I am concerned where I am unsure if a player on our team can go lay a bunt down with Runners on 1st & 2nd and no out
- I am concerned if Contreras will be Contreras of old

As far as one run games go, our SP has been GREAT, and our bullpen outside Mac, Masset and opening day Dotel, has been LIGHTS OUT... there's no reason we can win one run ball games

by the way we're 6-2 in 3 run or less ball games this year (1-1 in 1 run)
Am I dreaming or did I read that EXACT same post in another thread?

Huh. Odd. Anyways, again, it's only April but the game in April count as much as the ones in September. Let's keep winning. That's the only job for this team right now. I'd like to see us manufacture more runs, but I'll take any win.

RedHeadPaleHoser
04-17-2008, 07:49 AM
All I know is this -

I left 670 on in the car when I got out last night, so when i got in, the mout'piece of Chcaago was on....Huebner was covering the highlights, and I quote:

"See, de udder day I got on Quentin, and he started hittin'. Alls we had to say was dat Thome's career was over, and now he's producin'. Every time I open my mout', good tings happen."

Thank you, oh mighty hot dog vendor, for bestowing upon the White Sox your sage advice. ****face.

delben91
04-17-2008, 07:50 AM

It was epic (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=90457&highlight=accardo).

spawn
04-17-2008, 09:21 AM
It was epic (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=90457&highlight=accardo).
Quite an amusing thread. Amazing how so many people were ready to jettison Jenks after a couple of bad outings.

palehozenychicty
04-17-2008, 09:41 AM
always happy with a Sox win, but I'd liked to see a little less of the Earl Weaver approach, more consistency on offense. The pitching has made watching games on tivo exceptional.

If you were going to nitpick, that is one thing about yesterday. They had chances to really blow it open, but it didn't matter. A win is a win in the AL, though, so we take tha one.

ChiTownTrojan
04-17-2008, 09:46 AM
To be fair, it would be hard to imagine him doing much worse than last year.
To be doubly-fair, the Orioles lineup kind of blows.

Jurr
04-17-2008, 09:48 AM
Am I dreaming or did I read that EXACT same post in another thread?

Huh. Odd. Anyways, again, it's only April but the game in April count as much as the ones in September. Let's keep winning. That's the only job for this team right now. I'd like to see us manufacture more runs, but I'll take any win.
I found it...in the 2000/2008 comparison. I spewed diet pepsi all over my shirt when I saw it. He even misspelled Juan again!

I do think that poster is onto something. Just come up with a stock post about everything Sox. Put it on the clipboard and insert at will!!!!

asindc
04-17-2008, 10:23 AM
To be doubly-fair, the Orioles lineup kind of blows.

Actually, I don't think their offense is all that bad. Roberts, Mora, Adam Jones, Markakis, and Millar can all rake. It's their pitching that is weak.